• roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    desperately trying to download. Servers having a hard time. lol
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try using the torrent that cman linked. It's by far the most reliable way to download it at the moment (I'm getting 1+mpbs down right now from it).
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    This is crazy, i can't believe how good this is.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Downloading now. I'm so excited. And it's actually Friday!
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    I've just started playing it, really cool! I bought HL source only a couple of years ago, played for quite a while but got fed up with the outdated graphics, so this could provide the ideal solution for me.

One thing I noticed (that might be source's fault) is that when hopping on the tram, i jump as if i was on the floor and not moving with the train (resulting in me flying to the back of the cabin in stead of hopping on the same spot relative to the train). I just noticed something being off and it took me a while to realize that this was it ;).
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    @Japhir; Just like in the original game ;D

Love the game so far! I got a crash bug on the big fan thing and I made a post about it on their forums so hopefully that'll get solved somehow :)

I really like the attention payed to details in the game, it looks, sounds and plays great imho. I like how you can hand the guy on the loo a roll of toilet paper (achievment!) and the conversation that follows when you trigger the fire alarm at the start, the head crab in the micro wave, the notes on the white boards and the faux food product names and so on. It's pretty great.

If there's anything that I could crit that could be improved upon is the texture quality in some areas, the spec is way too bright on some concrete walls and wooden crates and it makes it look like shiny plastic rather than the intended material. I've heard people say it's too hard in some areas but I can't say that I've had any problems with the difficulty so far.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I love the difficulty, I think any area can be beat with low health, but keeping your HP up does make things a lot easier. It's definitely a bit old school in that aspect, and I like that. I also like how open it is, it doesn't feel on rails.

Some of the graphics annoy me, the cube map update popping, the extremely low rez sight on the revolver when you go in to zoom shoot, and the actually shooting through the sights sucks and the animation is too slower to make it userful.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    I´ve been playing this all evening now, and it really is awesome! Thank you so much for your hard work.
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pac_187 polycounter lvl 11
    Just finished playing and it was awesome!

Even so the Source Engine is getting older, this mod shows that it still can hold up with today's games.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Finished in 6 or so hours on normal difficulty, loved it! I solved the crashing problem I had by simply replaying the chapter that kept crashing. I didn't mind the difficulty at all. Stacking up on ammo, health and armour is pretty important though.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    Playing it now. I cant believe how high quality everything is. From the sound fx, to the animation, to the voice acting (which preserves my love for cheese)... overall superb.

Seriously, this is the highest quality mod I have ever played (and I play almost every sp mod I can instal). I know that from now on, I'll be playing black mesa OVER half-life one any day.

I just cant get over how much I disagree with that valvetime review. I don't know what that guys problem is... but it certainly sounds like he had a bone to pick with certain devs.
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    Really glad people are enjoying it!

Has no one found the greentooth yet? ;)
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im bloody impressed, from the normal mod standard this is like a totally different level. Really awesome job guys. I can now tell why it took you guys so long.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    cman2k wrote: »

NOOOO I'm going to have to replay it again now.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    yeah this is awesome, i really love the small twists on map design and gameplay elements. I'd say its 100% true to the original with a few new bits to make it totally fresh! great job everyone involved!
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    cman2k wrote: »

ZacD wrote: »
    NOOOO I'm going to have to replay it again now.

Damn, I am sure I saw it was going to take a screenshot of it and upload it here, but it went right trough my brain.. I could have saved ZacD's life :(
    Anyway great game until where I have gotten stuck, pretty sure it will continue being great once I move on :)
  • Timmywithag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Timmywithag triangle
    I looked but never found any. I was pretty distracted by how awesome of a game it is. never played half life 1. loved the hell out of 2 though and I now love the hell out of black mesa.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Without wanting to steal any thunder... seeing as people are interested in mods and professional ones;

http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development

Give that a shot, itll blow your mind.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So seriously, this is some high quality stuff, i have ran through the levels like a madman lifting all the physics objects and looking EVERYWHERE for a greentooth logo. This however prooved to be my undoing.

I was so busy looking for greentooths that i think i broke the game, the sequence im referring to is the one where you are about to enter the testchamber (you know the room that survays the testchamber) If you dont follow the doctor out of that room within said time you get trapped there. No way to get out.

Im quite cirtain that this problem ONLY occurs if you are franticly looking for easter eggs like i am (i have gotten plenty of fun achivements allready haha). However for stupid people like me it would be nice if you did some sort of Idiot Proof QA testing so people dont get trapped like that.

Anyhow im laghing my ass off every time i do something i shouldnt do, like throwing trash cans at guards. Its truly amazing how much detail was put into this.

PS: Seriously dude, where is the greentooth? first level? further along? i cant rest until i find it....
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found one :)

greentooth.png

Pretty far along in the game though. Chapter 14, about halfway through in a security office.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Started playing this last night. It's stunning. Art direction, textures, sense of scale, everything. Amazing. I've not played HL1 but this is brilliant. So much dialogue too hah, love throwing stuff at peoples heads to hear their reactions :D Also best fire in a videogame ever.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm stuck.

About an hour and a half in, after you take the big industrial elevator down, when all the headcrabs attack, and the bridge collapses in front of you, what are you supposed to do? I'm sure it's very obvious but I'm drawing a blank here.
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There should be some pipes to your right that goes along the wall if i remember correctly. Walk on those :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I tried those, obviously didn't try hard enough I guess. Cheers :)