Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• bn20
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X0FTc.png
    KVtYe.png

No idea how I managed this, but it looks awesome!
  • crazyone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone polycounter lvl 5
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump, i'll take nr 3 or 6/9 any day thank you very much!
    Great idea, looking forward to see the results :)

crazyone, love that magnetostyle helmet. Looks badass!
  • Ex4000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kageko wrote: »
    Hey guys! I just made a steampunk-themed bow for drow, i have a concept for an entire steampunk outfit for her to go along with it. Crits are very welcome :)

blog_1.jpg

Looks awesome, but It doesn't fit with her lore, Im not sure who else it could work for who uses bows, Maybe Clinkz? You could change it to some sort of "bone steam punk" style.

Im fairly new to modeling I decided to make a weapon for Chaos Knight, This is what iv got to far, I went with a Hammer tell me what you think!

NC1Eg.jpg
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Frump - Cool hair; I dig #'s 2, 4, 6/9, 7 personally.

@crazy - Awesome hat; it fits Leo great!

@Bronto - Very nice! Maybe dull down the spec a bit.

@Lenny - Great work with iterating your masks. They can be a bit of a pain to understand at first, but as you've discovered a lot of guess n' check goes a long way.

So I had this idea yesterday and began mocking it up, but as much as I like it (and think it fits Ogre well enough, even if it is a stretch for the art direction) I don't think I'll be able to model something that comes in under the budget. Right now these are un-optimized sitting at roughly 1k tris; even if I significantly reduce the number of sides, down to say 6-8, and really make them look blocky, I'm looking at maybe 400 tris (still well over the budget of 250). I'm torn basically, I want this set to work (the idea being that Ogre stumbled into some poor sap's camp site and raided it for "armaments") but I wonder if I can get it under budget. I'll work the geometry some more and see how low I can get it without them looking like ass.

ZsKqr.jpg
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    @Paskie, Mark.N Thanks guys. The majority of feedback I've gotten has been in favor of number 2.

I am kind of disappointed about that, that one's fairly modern.
  • Ex4000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kageko wrote: »
    Hey guys! I just made a steampunk-themed bow for drow, i have a concept for an entire steampunk outfit for her to go along with it. Crits are very welcome :)

blog_1.jpg

Great work but It doesn't fit the lore. Maybe you could rework it for clinkz make the cogs out of bones powered by steam/hellfire
  • bn20
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dad22.png

Whelp, I suck at texturing, any good guides on painting stylised textures on photoshop as that's the bit I struggle on, and how do you point light map?
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Ex4000 wrote: »
    Great work but It doesn't fit the lore. Maybe you could rework it for clinkz make the cogs out of bones powered by steam/hellfire

plz, dont say something that you dont know

who decide if it fits or not is the valve guys, not us
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bn20 wrote: »
    dad22.png

Whelp, I suck at texturing, any good guides on painting stylised textures on photoshop as that's the bit I struggle on, and how do you point light map?

You need these links:
    post 1401

post 1399

www.artbypapercut.com

http://wiki.polycount.com/CategoryTexturing

And a point light map is simply a texture that is created by adding as few, or as many, basic point lights to a scene centered around your item and using render to texture to bake out a light map that depicts a specific lighting condition (usually a heavy form of top-down lighting). Valve discusses this more in their texturing guide.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    just saw your pudge item on workshop, great idea =]

are you replacing the head right? you went to one of the deepest part of valve´s models
    the blends shapes!! good luck with that =]

I actually just added on top of the original head (sans hair of course) and opened up the two files in mudbox to paint over the seams. I had to build out the head a bit to make it look like the brain was inside his head and not on top of it; going to rework the textures a bit to make it more gruesome though :D

Here's my model broken down:
    2fUJi.png
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually just added on top of the original head (sans hair of course) and opened up the two files in mudbox to paint over the seams. I had to build out the head a bit to make it look like the brain was inside his head and not on top of it; going to rework the textures a bit to make it more gruesome though :D

Here's my model broken down:
    2fUJi.png

hahaha, really well done the painting and cleaver escape from the head replacement
  • ionic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally, mask1 work for me. But i don't understand why mask2 don't work =\
    And i still have problem with weapon position, when i compile, weapon placed not in hands but near hands =\\
  • LiselottePulva
    How is it possible to check the own stuff ingame like this guy here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=85657284&searchtext=
    ?
  • Ex4000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    plz, dont say something that you dont know

who decide if it fits or not is the valve guys, not us

Valve don't have the best track record for lore "breaking" items.
  • crazyone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone polycounter lvl 5
    thx )
    HJzQR.jpg
    Clinkz bow
  • bn20
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally submitted, First game model for anything ever so be nice, if you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97290994&searchtext=

going to work on my texture skills for my next project!
  • ionic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bn20 wrote: »
    Finally submitted, First game model for anything ever so be nice, if you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97290994&searchtext=

going to work on my texture skills for my next project!

how you fix problem with dager position? =)
  • TriggerHappyPuppy
    Strange question but anyone knows how can I get my acorn to dangle and not be so stiff? Have anyone got the cloth to work?

And one more question. I got a very dark and ugly shadow on my staff, both ingame and in the preview, is this the render or is it anything I can affect?
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strange question but anyone knows how can I get my acorn to dangle and not be so stiff? Have anyone got the cloth to work?

And one more question. I got a very dark and ugly shadow on my staff, both ingame and in the preview, is this the render or is it anything I can affect?

Most likely an issue with your masks, UV's, or maybe smoothing groups. Post em so we can see and make a judgement.
  • danidem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danidem polycounter lvl 11
    @Kageko : That bow is baws man! It's a pity, as they told you, it doesn't fit with drow at all :< I'd try it with another character with a bow... maybe Mirana? an steampunk cat can be awesome :P (maybe the lore doesn't fit too...) Anyways, love that design.

Another collab, this time with Helenek! Clinkz bow, atm I'm finishing the concept art page.

Cheers!

89BF32B5DB2A41E598DEB25F7905650B136D572D
  • LiselottePulva
    Cool bow danidem !
  • danidem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danidem polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks a lot pal!

Damn, the workshop resize this pic a way smaller. Sharing right here bigger :)

16pbi
  • sergiu_mod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi guys.
    after taking this threat page by page in hope to find a fix for my problem i couldn't find it.
    well there were some similar problems but their fixes just dont work for me.
    i've done a sword for sk and after succeeding to put in on his hand i cant scale it properly,its too small,i tried everything for like 4 hours and i cant figure it out.please help :poly122:

show-image.php?id=69cfab675d97c54aa941d7acb73ac1a9
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone wrote: »
    thx )
    HJzQR.jpg
    Clinkz bow

really nice work =]

jiggle bones. The life stealer model uses jiggle bones on the chains, a lot of characters also uses on capes
    danidem wrote: »
    @Kageko : That bow is baws man! It's a pity, as they told you, it doesn't fit with drow at all :< I'd try it with another character with a bow... maybe Mirana? an steampunk cat can be awesome :P (maybe the lore doesn't fit too...) Anyways, love that design.

Another collab, this time with Helenek! Clinkz bow, atm I'm finishing the concept art page.

Cheers!

nice one Dani, your book will be a piece of art =]

----

ok guys, because of a guy that said that it was looking a baby roshan i changed the main behavior of the character, now its fully quadruped, i will try a biped run but im not sure if it will work

here are some screens, and please, any suggestion will be happily received, you guys helped me with some awesome ideas =]

16sZJ
    16t0b
    16t0w

thanks in advance
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    Alright, I've finished my LOD0 and LOD1, texture maps and all that jazz. Now I'm attempting to compile in-game and getting a bone error. "Couldn't find any bones in the wearable that correspond to bones in the hero model. Wearable items must be skinned to the hero's bones to be submitted"

I followed Lenny's guide to the T; scaled and placed the cape, set the pivot point to 0,0,0, reset XForm, collapsed all down to Editable Poly. Added a Skin modifier, imported the game's .SMD with bones, added only those bones that would affect the cape, made sure the bones moved the cape, Exported Selected as an FBX with his recommended settings from max 2012. Same error. I did it twice, with the same issue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, when exporting, I get a Max error saying "The FBX Plug-in has detected turned edges on Editable Poly objects. In order to preserve these edges, the plug-in has triangulated these Poly objects into Editable Mesh objects." Maybe this is why?

ImportError_zps30761c17.jpg

edit I also tried Linking the cape to the root bone, with no change.
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    Frump wrote: »
    Working on improving my resume. 3D Artist/Hairstylist.

For whatever reason I think QoP should have some classy Vintage hairstyles. The ordering isn't exact, and I cut a ton of drawings that weren't up to par. Let me know what you think. There will be horns and stuff, this is just a start.

Edit: It occurs to me now that 6 and 9 are the same just mirrored...

Faaaaabulous. I'm digging 6, 9 and 10.
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

jiggle bones. The life stealer model uses jiggle bones on the chains, a lot of characters also uses on capes

Ya know, the more I think about it and through my own experiments with traditional jiggle bones, I don't think that they actually work inside of DOTA.

You got me thinking when you mentioned Naix making use of them, so I de-compiled him to check out his .qc and guess what? No mention of jiggle bones what so ever, and he isn't the only hero either. Even when I was working with Phantom Lancer I thought that some of his bones were jiggle, when in fact they were just hand keyed into the animation. The characters with capes also use a system that is based on cloth physics, or simple hand keyed animations.

It seems as if they (Valve) either tend to use solely hand-keyed animations or make use of their cloth system. Here's some sample code pulled from Naix, notice how it's similar to a jiggle bone system, but requires many more bones, and variables, to achieve the effect.
    	"Cloth"
    	{
    		"name"		"Cuff_L"
    		"columns"		"1"
    		"rows"		"8"
    		"damping"		"0.185000"			// 0.98
    		"gravity"		"0 0 -1"
    		"gravity_scale"		"600.000000"	//500.00
    		"WorldFriction"		"0.200000"			//0.0
    		"LocalForce"		"1.000000"
    		"LocalRotation"		"1.0000"
    		"FixedPointDamping"		"0.165000"
    		"StretchForce"		"5.000000"		// 1.0
    		"SpringStretchiness"		"0.2"	// 0.0
    		"AnimationForceAttraction"		"0.000000"
    		"AnimationVertexAttraction"		"0.000000"
    		"ExternalForceScale"		"1.000000"
    		"StructSpringConstant"		"10.000000"
    		"StructSpringDamping"		"0.100000"
    		"ShearSpringConstant"		"20.000000"
    		"ShearSpringDamping"		"0.500000"
    		"BendSpringConstant"		"10.000000"
    		"BendSpringDamping"		"0.500000"
    		"R0"		"fixed"
    		"R1"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 01.0
    		"R2"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R3"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R4"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R5"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R6"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R7"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"BonePrefix"		"cuff_L_"
    	}

This image also shows that the skeleton is indeed built to support such a system, with each link of his chains having their own bone (weighted to 1.0).

Luooc.jpg

This leads me to believe that this is the system we are to make use of if we want any kind of dynamic animations for our items.

We need to rig our models in this manner and write our own .CLOTH files in order to assign the proper code.

The reason for this it seems, is that at the time of writing DOTA 2 is currently the only production title (from Valve) that supports soft body physics (Source) and so it leads me to believe that Valve may be phasing out jiggle bones for something far more robust. I'm going to go ahead and re-rig my Naginata, except this time with the cloth system in mind and see if that produces the results we desire (I had zero luck attempting to use traditional jiggle bones by the way). If this turns out to be the way that works, I'll come back and confirm my crackpot theories with ya'll :)

@Rik - The .fbx exporter always seems to have problems, try exporting as a reference .smd
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    Mark.N wrote: »

@Rik - The .fbx exporter always seems to have problems, try exporting as a reference .smd

Thanks, Mark. When I try to import the reference SMD, DOTA crashes and throws up a node error: unexpected node id 14, expecting 12.

Hard for me to figure out which errors are on me, and which are on max/Dota
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah that's a real descriptive error message you have there :poly142:

Reading your previous post, the only thing I'm unclear about is when you're exporting the cape model you have the following bones present in the skin modifier and then are also selecting all of them, and your cape, when you export the reference .SMD
    spine3
    quiver
    clavicle_L
    bicep_L
    neck1
    clavicle_R
    bicep_R
    cape_R0C0
    cape_R1C0
    cape_R2C0
    cape_R0C1
    cape_R1C1
    cape_R2C1
    cape_R0C2
    cape_R1C2
    cape_R2C2

If it isn't that then I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. I guess you could always try the .dmx format, but I haven't had to resort to using that yet.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya know, the more I think about it and through my own experiments with traditional jiggle bones, I don't think that they actually work inside of DOTA.

You got me thinking when you mentioned Naix making use of them, so I de-compiled him to check out his .qc and guess what? No mention of jiggle bones what so ever, and he isn't the only hero either. Even when I was working with Phantom Lancer I thought that some of his bones were jiggle, when in fact they were just hand keyed into the animation. The characters with capes also use a system that is based on cloth physics, or simple hand keyed animations.

It seems as if they (Valve) either tend to use solely hand-keyed animations or make use of their cloth system. Here's some sample code pulled from Naix, notice how it's similar to a jiggle bone system, but requires many more bones, and variables, to achieve the effect.
    	"Cloth"
    	{
    		"name"		"Cuff_L"
    		"columns"		"1"
    		"rows"		"8"
    		"damping"		"0.185000"			// 0.98
    		"gravity"		"0 0 -1"
    		"gravity_scale"		"600.000000"	//500.00
    		"WorldFriction"		"0.200000"			//0.0
    		"LocalForce"		"1.000000"
    		"LocalRotation"		"1.0000"
    		"FixedPointDamping"		"0.165000"
    		"StretchForce"		"5.000000"		// 1.0
    		"SpringStretchiness"		"0.2"	// 0.0
    		"AnimationForceAttraction"		"0.000000"
    		"AnimationVertexAttraction"		"0.000000"
    		"ExternalForceScale"		"1.000000"
    		"StructSpringConstant"		"10.000000"
    		"StructSpringDamping"		"0.100000"
    		"ShearSpringConstant"		"20.000000"
    		"ShearSpringDamping"		"0.500000"
    		"BendSpringConstant"		"10.000000"
    		"BendSpringDamping"		"0.500000"
    		"R0"		"fixed"
    		"R1"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 01.0
    		"R2"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R3"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R4"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R5"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R6"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"R7"		"world | mass 2.0"		// world | mass 1.0
    		"BonePrefix"		"cuff_L_"
    	}

This image also shows that the skeleton is indeed built to support such a system, with each link of his chains having their own bone (weighted to 1.0).

Luooc.jpg

This leads me to believe that this is the system we are to make use of if we want any kind of dynamic animations for our items.

We need to rig our models in this manner and write our own .CLOTH files in order to assign the proper code.

The reason for this it seems, is that at the time of writing DOTA 2 is currently the only production title (from Valve) that supports soft body physics (Source) and so it leads me to believe that Valve may be phasing out jiggle bones for something far more robust. I'm going to go ahead and re-rig my Naginata, except this time with the cloth system in mind and see if that produces the results we desire (I had zero luck attempting to use traditional jiggle bones by the way). If this turns out to be the way that works, I'll come back and confirm my crackpot theories with ya'll :)

hmmm, so its cloth and not jiggle bones...

the animation on the chains only work inside the game, in the selection menu, where its on idle they are tottaly stiff, showing that they arent animated

thanks for clarifying that, i think i will need to study cloth on source =]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Reading your previous post, the only thing I'm unclear about is when you're exporting the cape model you have the following bones present in the skin modifier and then are also selecting all of them, and your cape, when you export the reference .SMD
    spine3
    quiver
    clavicle_L
    bicep_L
    neck1
    clavicle_R
    bicep_R
    cape_R0C0
    cape_R1C0
    cape_R2C0
    cape_R0C1
    cape_R1C1
    cape_R2C1
    cape_R0C2
    cape_R1C2
    cape_R2C2

If it isn't that then I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. I guess you could always try the .dmx format, but I haven't had to resort to using that yet.

in maya you dont need to select the bones to export to a smd format, just select the mesh and select import skeleton that everything works fine

smd doenst work on the in game compiler?
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    @Rik - just did a test mate and the capes importing ok at my end.

I think Marks on the money with the list of bones, make sure they are the only ones you have. I noticed a few deceptively named bones in the file (wind_runner_cape), not the most intuitive naming when its not skinned to the cape.
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik

spine3
    quiver
    clavicle_L
    bicep_L
    neck1
    clavicle_R
    bicep_R
    cape_R0C0
    cape_R1C0
    cape_R2C0
    cape_R0C1
    cape_R1C1
    cape_R2C1
    cape_R0C2
    cape_R1C2
    cape_R2C2

@Mark, I started a new scene, decompiled the cape itself and imported that SMD. Those are the only bones I've included in my scene, and they all affect the movement of my cape so it looks like they should be in there. Per Lenny's walk through, yes I selected my cape AND the bones and exported out. I've also tried with just the cape (not selecting the bones) with the same error. The bones kept the same name as the .qc file lists, so it doesn't look like the bones are being renamed to something incorrect.

@Tvidotto, when I try to import the .SMDs through the DOTA, it crashes the program and throws that node id error.

DMX isn't an option for me to export as, I'll have to look for a plug-in or something. Maya only, never mind

Lenny, I'm not sure what you mean. All of these bones are included in the windrunner_cape_model.smd source file and so the .qc file should read them when compiling..or so I'd think.
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    Got it showing up now.
    Importer worked after exporting a .FBX with just the mesh selected. I did not collapse the Skin modifer.

There was an issue with the bones. I had imported the windrunner_model.sdm file to fit the cape properly, and with the mesh came all of the bones for the rest of the body. There were duplicate bones in another layer that was hidden. Even though these bones weren't selected at the time that I exported, perhaps somewhere in the file they affected the export?

Now I need tweak the bone weights and clean it up, and remove some texture artifacts. Thanks for all the suggestions, Lenny, Tvidotto and Mark.N.

Cape_Boned_zpse7d3e6d2.jpg
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Whole bunch of hero models added to the site:
    Broodmother, Death Prophet, Disruptor, Huskar, Meepo, Silencer, Slardar, Sniper, Venomancer, Weaver, Warlock - SO MANY CHOICES!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik wrote: »
    Got it showing up now.
    Importer worked after exporting a .FBX with just the mesh selected. I did not collapse the Skin modifer.

There was an issue with the bones. I had imported the windrunner_model.sdm file to fit the cape properly, and with the mesh came all of the bones for the rest of the body. There were duplicate bones in another layer that was hidden. Even though these bones weren't selected at the time that I exported, perhaps somewhere in the file they affected the export?

Now I need tweak the bone weights and clean it up, and remove some texture artifacts. Thanks for all the suggestions, Lenny, Tvidotto and Mark.N.

Cape_Boned_zpse7d3e6d2.jpg

HA! congrats

im still used to the old way of exporting to smd and compiling myself, there is no other way to do a courier for now
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuck, meepo download link is not working..
  • ionic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik wrote: »
    Also, when exporting, I get a Max error saying "The FBX Plug-in has detected turned edges on Editable Poly objects. In order to preserve these edges, the plug-in has triangulated these Poly objects into Editable Mesh objects." Maybe this is why?
    In 3ds max 2012, i get same error, but when i export same model from 3ds max 2009 i get no errors!
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit! Now we have a ton of heroes to work with! Love it!
  • LiselottePulva
    Hey Tvidotto:

Please tell me how its possible to check the items ingame ! Thanks in advance.

Like your dragon.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @Rik:
    I had a similar issue, but with the FBX exporter in Maya. I would select my bone and my model, and do "Export Selected" and it would give me the same error when trying to import. The only way I've gotten it tot work was to delete everything else in the scene (sucks) and then do "Export All".

Could you elaborate how/why the bones from the .SMD affected your export bones? Maybe that'll help me solve this issue, too.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Another thing for Pudge.

Anyone else find naming these things is the hardest part?

I think if I go to the QoP Hair I'll be doing 6/9. Partly because of my own selfishness, despite 2 being the most popular.

9E938B3B5D892FE6170834C93277B5677A9146BD
  • AcidBurn3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there guys, so i recently started modelling a weapon for Phantom Assassin. Still a model, no textures just yet. Unfortunately, i got Max12, making me unable to UV map using texporter and stuff.:\ Anyways here it is. Anyone up for a UV map? render_79.png
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump wrote: »
    Another thing for Pudge.

Anyone else find naming these things is the hardest part?

I think if I go to the QoP Hair I'll be doing 6/9. Partly because of my own selfishness, despite 2 being the most popular.

9E938B3B5D892FE6170834C93277B5677A9146BD

Yeah naming items is a pain and more often than not Valve seems to change the names anyways. I thought hairstyle 6/9 looked great by the way :) QoP really has a sort of evil, sultry, appeal to her anyways.

Also, why not make your axe and chains into a set? Or at least take some screens with the two together since they do compliment one another.
  • Stefco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefco polycounter lvl 5
    thanks for the tips and support guys, we finally finished it.
    Colab with Raiden Swordz

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97366065
    Thumbnail_zps919b386d.jpg
    Preview%201_zpsdae26ced.jpg
  • RaYfIre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    working on pudge set (hook,hair and offweapon)
    ioADN.jpg
    i need some one to texture them.im not so good at texturing u can check out my items.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052507578/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    ionic wrote: »
    In 3ds max 2012, i get same error, but when i export same model from 3ds max 2009 i get no errors!

This error ended up not affecting my export, so I would just disregard it.
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Tvidotto:

Please tell me how its possible to check the items ingame ! Thanks in advance.

Like your dragon.

I could use a hand with this as well. I went and compiled everything by hand, making sure to use the same name as PL's default weapon, and copied everything into the proper locations on the Dota 2 Test client and still no dice. PL still uses his default spear.

Or he was, until I wrote my own phantom_lancer.cloth file and threw it into his models folder. Now I get this nice, new error message whenever I try to look at him in the viewer or play him in-game.

kF9Gr.jpg
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    Spud,

I haven't worked with bones or .FBX/.SMD files before this, so I'm sort of guessing at this point. I don't have max accessable right now so I'm going off memory.

Initially I imported the original windrunner_cape .smd file, which brought in the mesh cape and each of the bones that affect the cape.

Then I imported the windrunner_model .smd file, which brought in a bunch of new bones PLUS another copy of the bones that affect the cape. Only by deleting all of those bones that imported with the windrunner_model was I able to import the FBX file that I exported out.

I don't know how or why those duplicate bones would affect my exported file, when I never had them selected when Exporting Selected.