Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guidance wrote: »
    chen_helm_wip.jpg

Started a Chen helm and figured Id give the workshop a go. A lot of work on the diffuse to go but other than that I can call it good. I'm open for critiques of course.

Also I just tried testing out what I have so far and keep running into this error which also prevents the importer from recognizing the bones in my model. I tried searching for the answer and unfortunately wasn't able to fix it with the solutions I found.

ERROR:
    [Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [nodes parents] ()
    [Warning: Skin Modifiers Import(0)]

Description:
    The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
    - head1

- Tried both smd and fbx format (fail)
    - All weights are set properly and it is binded to the head1 bone
    - Tried all fbx file formats (2006 -2012) just to see if it would magically fix it.

I'm pretty sure its a 9/10 chance that its an easy fix but I have close to 0 experience messing around with rigs or exporting to external programs/engine.

Post me your .qc file so I can take a look at it. Also, when skinning make sure you add both the bone you're binding to (and weight everything to 1.0 to that bone) and also add the root bone to the modifier as well. Then when exporting, select all three (the item, attachment bone, root bone) and it should work.

If that's not it then it's a problem with the .qc, most likely your $sequence command. In some cases, and I had this issue with Ogre Magi, you need to explicitly state which .smd your animations are coming from. If you look back a few posts here you'll see the syntax in my .qc that I'm referring to.
    $sequence <animation> <.smd file> fps <int value>

There are more arguments that go with the command, but following those basic ones should create the proper model.
  • crazyone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone polycounter lvl 5
    clickable images
    4Q4vJ.jpg
    qawsz.jpg
    had to repost the shoulder from another account for some reasons , and played with masks a little , now it looks better
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9

Started a Chen helm and figured Id give the workshop a go. A lot of work on the diffuse to go but other than that I can call it good. I'm open for critiques of course.

Also I just tried testing out what I have so far and keep running into this error which also prevents the importer from recognizing the bones in my model. I tried searching for the answer and unfortunately wasn't able to fix it with the solutions I found.

ERROR:
    [Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [nodes parents] ()
    [Warning: Skin Modifiers Import(0)]

Description:
    The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
    - head1

- Tried both smd and fbx format (fail)
    - All weights are set properly and it is binded to the head1 bone
    - Tried all fbx file formats (2006 -2012) just to see if it would magically fix it.

I'm pretty sure its a 9/10 chance that its an easy fix but I have close to 0 experience messing around with rigs or exporting to external programs/engine.

can you explain better your process? never get problems with bones here
  • Guidance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    can you explain better your process? never get problems with bones here

I've resolved the issue with the previous error and have the importer showing the model but now my inexperience with bones is in play. The helmet is extremely small and binds to what looks like the root bone even though its weighted to 0. Ill just list out what I did in order so maybe someone can point out where I went wrong.

using 3dsmax:

- import chen_head.smd
    - import my helmet
    - position my model correctly
    - add skin modifier
    - add the bones: (tried excluding the root but then I get the error from previous post)
    - head1
    - neck11
    - root
    - select all vertices on helmet and set weight properties of Abs.Effect to 1 for head1 then neck11 and root to 0.

(In max viewport the head then goes to the bone that is at the origin of the scene ex:chen1 and is super small. This doesn't happen when I use the fbx supplied but only occurs with the smd. Also note that when using the fbx everything looks fine in max but the helmet looks bound to the root bone in the preview of the importer tool.)

- reset xforms
    - collapse
    - Export selected as .fbx and .smd both resulting in the issue since its a problem originating from my inabilities in max :[.
    - import into the dota 2 client
  • feracon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solution wrote: »
    @ Mark.N
    The color palette there is basically what i intend to be using, I've always had the lingering idea in my head that the color palette shouldn't' be changed, though i have had the urge to change the color on the hilt and pommel, i just haven't been able to decide on a color yet.

@ Rik
    So far i've put about a few hours in throughout the week, modelling has been done to a certain degree and have started on texturing.
    The handle i plan on completely reworking because the topology is just atrocious -
    Ill try to add some further detail to reflect the blade to the hilt where possible, thanks for that :)

Thanks for the feedback :), suggestions are always welcome

Thanks , the od .ma file imported no problem into maya 2011 and 2012, bones and all. Morphing was far more troublesome!
  • damio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Tvidotto
    Hi man. I see that you got a good workflow to test stuff out in dota from maya. I find this a bit confusing, so i'm wondering if you maybe could make a very basic guide or maybe you got some handy links? I would be rally glad if you could help me out.
  • WarlockPsychologist
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    @Mark.N - cheers for the guide mark, im sure ill be referencing back to it sometime soon.

Also there is so much awesome in this thread, have been making sure to check them all out on the workshop. Nice work all around :)
  • Starcofski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feracon wrote: »
    Thanks , the od .ma file imported no problem into maya 2011 and 2012, bones and all. Morphing was far more troublesome!

Alright thanks, I'll shift over to Maya then and see if that works any better.
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    since i submitted to the workshop i have received a few questions about polycounts, texture resolutions and the masks i used. I thought better to post this up here rather than just responding in private, with the hopes it might help out a few other people and provide feedback to help improve my next set.

Mostly i followed the guidlines outlined in the official DOTA 2 art guide. The polycounts a little lower on a few items due to last minute adjustments, for example the armor had a third layer of shoulder pads, but it just created way to many clipping issues once rigged and was mostly obstructed from the game view perspective anyway, so i removed it.

All shots including the beauty shots on the workshop are using the lod1 models and 256x256 textures. With either in game or straight max viewport screengrabs - so no smoke and mirrors.

axe_oryxset_armor01_flats.jpg

axe_oryxset_helm02_flats.jpg

For the masks i opened up the offical Axe masks and matched the values. I did read somewhere in this thread that the green channel = gloss but after testing it didnt appear to be for the Axe character, and i still don't feel 100% clear on the green channels effects.

axe_oryxset_armor01_mask2.jpg

axe_oryxset_helm02_mask2.jpg

I found that the color map had a pretty heavy effect on the specular value, moreso than im useto. And although i prefer the helms color map over the shoulder, i think the shoulder looks better in game which is where it counts :).

And i didnt include _mask1 to this post as all the channels are black apart from one flat value on the metal sections of the blue channel.
  • Xpload
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    green on mask2 is rimlight
  • ArchoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _mask1 - 32 bit, every channel is used:
    1. R - detail map mask - ignore in most cases
    2. G - diffuse and fresnel warp mask - ignore in most cases
    3. B - metalness mask; controls where color and fresnel are suppressed - usually black
    4. A - selfillum mask; color is drawn from _color. *Always put something in here, even if you are no using selfillum. This is done in order for texture compiler to keep this channel. If its black - it gets thrown out and then shader thinks it's pure white and your item will be full bright

_mask2 - 32 bit, every channel is used:
    1. R - spec intensity
    2. G - rimlight intensity - usually white
    3. B - tint spec by base color, INVERTED! black=tint by base color, white = uses specular color - usually black
    4. A - scale factor of specular exponent from shader. e.g. if spec. exp set to 16 then this channel values 0...255 will control exponent values from 0...16. Look at hero specular exponent number to get good idea what values to use in this channel for your item - usually white
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, I made an item for Dota 2 Workshop, and I was following it almost every hour, the rating reached 116 rating the last time i checked, but now it is on 67 rating.

What happened? I dont think almost 50 people remove his vote.

Thank you very much.
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArchoX wrote: »
    _mask1 - 32 bit, every channel is used:
    1. R - detail map mask - ignore in most cases
    2. G - diffuse and fresnel warp mask - ignore in most cases
    3. B - metalness mask; controls where color and fresnel are suppressed - usually black
    4. A - selfillum mask; color is drawn from _color. *Always put something in here, even if you are no using selfillum. This is done in order for texture compiler to keep this channel. If its black - it gets thrown out and then shader thinks it's pure white and your item will be full bright

_mask2 - 32 bit, every channel is used:
    1. R - spec intensity
    2. G - rimlight intensity - usually white
    3. B - tint spec by base color, INVERTED! black=tint by base color, white = uses specular color - usually black
    4. A - scale factor of specular exponent from shader. e.g. if spec. exp set to 16 then this channel values 0...255 will control exponent values from 0...16. Look at hero specular exponent number to get good idea what values to use in this channel for your item - usually white

Thanks for this ArchoX, it makes allot more sense for the rimlight intensity to be stored as a single value as you mention. Im not 100% sure why the original AXE (and some of the other characters) rimlights have what looks like a gloss map - im guessing old systems for some of the older characters.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damio wrote: »
    @ Tvidotto
    Hi man. I see that you got a good workflow to test stuff out in dota from maya. I find this a bit confusing, so i'm wondering if you maybe could make a very basic guide or maybe you got some handy links? I would be rally glad if you could help me out.

hey Damio

i was thinking about doing a tutorial, some people asked by email or steam related things

im on my girlfriends house now and dont have acccess to my files, but later i will describe better the process

but what i used was tutorials like those
    cyborgmatts tut - http://www.cyborgmatt.com/dota-2-model-viewer-guide/
    http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/07/dota-2-sfm-tutorial/
    valves smd wiki - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Maya
    this link - http://www.northcapestudios.com/blog/?p=45

Lennyagony wrote: »
    since i submitted to the workshop i have received a few questions about polycounts, texture resolutions and the masks i used. I thought better to post this up here rather than just responding in private, with the hopes it might help out a few other people and provide feedback to help improve my next set.

Mostly i followed the guidlines outlined in the official DOTA 2 art guide. The polycounts a little lower on a few items due to last minute adjustments, for example the armor had a third layer of shoulder pads, but it just created way to many clipping issues once rigged and was mostly obstructed from the game view perspective anyway, so i removed it.

value on the metal sections of the blue channel.

thanks for sharing man, you did a great work on this one

it appears that you have a broken polygon near the cut on the eye, botton part, where you cut the quad to get more detail
    in that resolution appears that the cut on the quad dont start at the same vertex, creating a 5 sides polygon

as the smd and some exporter split in triangles that should not be a problem, but i preffer not have then =]
    maya cleanup function always show me where i left a ngon with more then 4 sides

for now we dont have a good access to test the maps but you should use the mask_1, it have the metalness - even my dragon uses metalness on its wings like the dragon kinght in dragon form too, it makes a huge difference
  • 07genics
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    07genics polycounter lvl 10
    hey guys,i have finish my skeleton king's sword .What do you think?
    637x358.resizedimage
    637x358.resizedimage
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    Nice skeleton king sword. I like the design. I think the Gold and Red ribbon can better match his color scheme though.
  • ArchoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    07genics: Nice one man.

damio: Its even easier to import the files into the game because the preview thingy which will create file with almost all the stuff you will need. You dont need to care that much about vtf files because "Valve automatic software" will create them. So you just need to change the paths. But what you need to do is export your model as SMD and then play with the QC file. Just ask, I will answer with my bad english. :)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've resolved the issue with the previous error and have the importer showing the model but now my inexperience with bones is in play. The helmet is extremely small and binds to what looks like the root bone even though its weighted to 0. Ill just list out what I did in order so maybe someone can point out where I went wrong.

using 3dsmax:

- import chen_head.smd
    - import my helmet
    - add skin modifier
    - add the bones: (tried excluding the root but then I get the error from previous post)
    - head1
    - neck11
    - root
    - select all vertices on helmet and set weight properties of Abs.Effect to 1 for head1 then neck11 and root to 0.

(In max viewport the head then goes to the bone that is at the origin of the scene ex:chen1 and is super small. This doesn't happen when I use the fbx supplied but only occurs with the smd. Also note that when using the fbx everything looks fine in max but the helmet looks bound to the root bone in the preview of the importer tool.)

- reset xforms
    - collapse
    - Export selected as .fbx and .smd both resulting in the issue since its a problem originating from my inabilities in max :[.

ok, im not a max fan and use it just for animation in one of my jobs, but apparently you are doing the xforms in the wrong time, if it works like the freeze transformation or delete history from the maya, you will lose the skin

other think you add 1 for influence of the head and neck? the right is that each vertex have 1 (100%) of influence in the sum of the bones, if you are using 1 from head and 1 from neck it is 2

you said that when you are going to skin the head moves, it should NOT happen, when you skin the model need to stay at the same place, it happens in maya when you have some transformations or think liked to it, try the reset xforms BEFORE skinning

if it work on the game visualizer it will work ingame

07genics wrote: »
    hey guys,i have finish my skeleton king's sword .What do you think?
    637x358.resizedimage
    637x358.resizedimage

AWESOME! i really like it

the red straps appear that will be cut by the edge of the sword, but i think its not a problem, in fact it adds to the model because i feel nervous about that =]
  • damio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Tvidotto. The last link there was pretty nice.

ArchoX, can i add you on steam? PM me if it's ok :)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

nop man =]

the difference between those tuts is that i use a program called guistudiomdl to compile and the smd exporter that comes with the source film maker, its on the maya folder inside the instalation of sfm
  • Soldeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldeus polycounter lvl 10

using 3dsmax:

- import chen_head.smd
    - import my helmet
    - add skin modifier
    - head1
    - neck11
    - root

- reset xforms
    - collapse

You have to Reset xForm just after the step
    '- position my model correctly' , If you do it after skinning you will lose the skin as Tvidotto said. So that may be your problem probably.

Also, don't collapse the model when finishing. Im not sure on this but If you collapse the skin you will lose it too. Just leave the Editable Poly below the Skin modifier and export.
  • ArchoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

ArchoX, can i add you on steam? PM me if it's ok :)

No problem, do you know my steam? Click my link on page 52 you should find it.
  • damio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else got the bug where items you submit dont show up at your steam workshop account? I have to log into DotA2 to find it :/
  • itsmadman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i have created a MDL and textures for my dota 2 item. I put the items texture and model in the folders specified by the site and made sure the four textures shared the correct suffix imperialGauntlet_color, imperialGauntlet_mask1 and etc. when i try to submit it in to dota 2 workshop it gives me the error "texture error cant find suffix with _mask1. then i try to import imperialGauntlet. I have made sure the texture suffix are what they are suppose to be and also made sue the names are the same. Mades sure the two mask are both 32 bit and also savedede the targas out of vmt. still no dice. I am runing oout of ideads PLEASE HELP I AM RIGHT THERE I HAVE SOMETHING PEOPLE LIKE AND CANT ACESS UNTILL I GET THIS WORKING

its called a texture file error
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

it appears that you have a broken polygon near the cut on the eye, botton part, where you cut the quad to get more detail
    in that resolution appears that the cut on the quad dont start at the same vertex, creating a 5 sides polygon

as the smd and some exporter split in triangles that should not be a problem, but i preffer not have then =]
    maya cleanup function always show me where i left a ngon with more then 4 sides

You bring up some good points Tvidotto. I don't have a problem with using Tris and Ngons on game ready models, i did however find the cuts modeled into the helm were just to small to warrant geometry in the game model in most places.

You can see in my example that i have larger cuts on the shoulder armor, and originally i intended to model them into the mesh. However it just ended up creating pretty nasty shading errors in the normal map unless i added a bunch of supporting geometry and UV splits. On testing it looked better to have the cuts in the texture only, and if i were to make this set again i would do the same for the helm.

Also ill update my post about mask1, i added it to game, just not to the polycount post :)

@07genics - love the sword!

@itsmadman - "texture error cant find suffix with _mask1" the only time i have had this error is when my filenames were mistyped :(
  • 07genics
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    07genics polycounter lvl 10
    @Tvidotto - hah , I think so~ I just foucs on shape.
    @Lennyagony _ thx.
  • KrazyTaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys just wondering... is there a way to mess up with the particles in Dota2? I mean I want to add or in the best case create a sweet particle effect for an item.
    Cheers people
  • Hellmouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellmouth polycounter lvl 11
    Did some silly Templar Assassin paint-overs yesterday.

TAs.jpg
  • Y_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Y_M polycounter lvl 10
  • WarlockPsychologist
  • RKotern
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @y_m - great video, it is SFM?
    @RKotern - awesome work, almost a default item, i think it fits really well the character

--- some updates on mine courier

im on the limits of the bones too with 60, as valve didnt answered me yet if i can use blend shapes on couriers i made what i could with bones, i have bones on the upper lip, eyebrows, ears and the side face fur on the cat and in the eyebrows and horns on the owl

if they let i am planning to add sounds too =]

thanks Eleryn for the suggestion on the battle fury, i made the dota 1 version

i need some opinions in two things

1- the color scheme, what do you guys think? any suggestions?
    its based on lone druids bear form and drow. I tried to mix them to have some relation between

2- the name - i was thinking on Gatuja, my girlfriend hates it =]
    any other suggestion? maybe something related just to the cat?

wings idle
    Q7sGZM.gif

run
    Awkgaj.gif
  • Qwiggalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qwiggalo polycounter lvl 8
    @y_m - great video, it is SFM?
    @RKotern - awesome work, almost a default item, i think it fits really well the character

--- some updates on mine courier

im on the limits of the bones too with 60, as valve didnt answered me yet if i can use blend shapes on couriers i made what i could with bones, i have bones on the upper lip, eyebrows, ears and the side face fur on the cat and in the eyebrows and horns on the owl

if they let i am planning to add sounds too =]

thanks Eleryn for the suggestion on the battle fury, i made the dota 1 version

i need some opinions in two things

1- the color scheme, what do you guys think? any suggestions?
    its based on lone druids bear form and drow. I tried to mix them to have some relation between

2- the name - i was thinking on Gatuja, my girlfriend hates it =]
    any other suggestion? maybe something related just to the cat?

wings idle
    [IMG]http://makeagif.com/media/8-27-2012/Q7sGZM.gif run[/img]Awkgaj.gif

You can't use blend shapes and it says there needs to be 52 joints, unless Valve told you otherwise?

I'm assuming that since you haven't decided on the color scheme your textures are still WIP? If not I feel they need more work.

The run doesn't feel right, I think it's the front legs landing at the same time or almost the same time. [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1422775417447782249"]slow motion PAN female lion running across grassy plain / female lion running in[/ame]
  • RaYfIre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akvqF.jpg?1

NcElhX.gif

My 3rd Item For Dota 2 . Please Rate and help me get it into the game . This forum has helped me a lot :D Thank You all

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92371311&searchtext=
  • RaYfIre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tvidotto
    Animations looks Great!!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qwiggalo wrote: »
    You can't use blend shapes and it says there needs to be 52 joints, unless Valve told you otherwise?

I'm assuming that since you haven't decided on the color scheme your textures are still WIP? If not I feel they need more work.

The run doesn't feel right, I think it's the front legs landing at the same time or almost the same time.

are you sure about the blend shapes? they use it for every hero

you are right about the bones, i checked that again, its 52 bones limit... i dont know where i read 60
    i need to define better

yes, textures are still wip, i posted just to get some feedback on the overall color scheme

in the run the front legs reach the ground in different frames, maybe i need more constrast, next image i will hide my checked ground to get a better sillhouette

thanks for the suggestions and for the reference =]

@rayfire
    thanks man
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tvidotto - nice animation! great secondary movement in flight and on the axe. The colour scheme doesn't have me convinced, although shaders/game context may just sway me.

@Hellmouth, Y_M, WarlockPsychologist, RKotern, RaYfIre - looking good :thumbup:.
  • SinAmos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tvidotto

I suggest a lot more texture work. Are you using zbrush for your normal generation and textures? Starting with the owl, I think you need to use the detail masks and break down the coloring for the wings to patterns from dark to light to create an artificial contrast. I also suggest making the owl have a snow cap. Once you establish the colors of the owl, I would continue those schemes with the cat, so they can work together, probably using complimentary colors. At this point, I love the flight animation with the limp cat. Have you worked on the drop animation or is that happening? The idea that the cat would drop before the owl makes a deliver would be amazing. I'm sure that would take a lot of extra help from valve, but it would be the start of something special. What it could be, is a small circular animation, where the cat drops and circles around the hero, and then the owl swoops down and picks him up afterward. Also, perhaps the owl can ride on the back of the cat for the non-flight mode. Make it so the owl rides the cat with his wings as hands. Maybe you can add a strap or something for that purpose. That way, they are more of a duo and the flight adds some irony.
  • Mark.N
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I've hit a bit of a snag with custom particles and have sent some stuff off to Valve to see if they can help. I've got my working models and .qc as you all saw last and now have a working emitter. The problem comes when trying to link the two in a viewable manner and actually getting them to compile into the game. I'm fairly stuck and there isn't much in the way of documentation; as soon as I hear back from Valve I'll clue ya guys in and probably have a fully working tutorial by the end of the week.

What I'll cover:
    -Building proper folder structure and creating workable files from your sources
    -Creating your .qc and compiling your models
    -Creation of your .vmt's
    -Creating particle emitters using the Alien Swarm Tool Kit
    -Viewing your items for critiquing purposes (Where I'm stuck)
    -Working in-game models

I'll be sure to put it up as a .pdf or just a large image so you guys can get it saved locally.
  • Ithoual
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -Wrong thread I delet this post :poly136:
  • ArchoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are not creating new heroes, just items for the existing. The concept looks good, maybe you should try Heroes of Newerth forum?
  • Ithoual
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha ok i guess I'll migrate that post :]
  • HolyPepsi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HolyPepsi wrote: »
    just registered to thank for the help from this community.
    I just finished my first item
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=91617986

Feel free to vote or leave a comment.

took me 40 hrs to get the texture to the way i wanted...
    43829AFFABDC418CEFD99BA4E8DD30417C557BF0

also uploaded video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vGsVHh0yQ&quot;]Dota2 Brewmaster Crescent Moon Spade of the Gluttonous Ogre - YouTube[/ame]
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_1vGsVHh0yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Xpload
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are items that are not chosen tagged somehow? If something is wrong will Valve tell you?
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Lennyagony - thanks! my color scheme is this one
    DFomt.jpg
    http://kuler.adobe.com/#themeID/2042460
    if you have anny suggestion on changing it i will be glad =] im still not sure about this one

@ sinAmos - should have said that i was a wip texture, i was studying a program called mari and got a lot further on the texture, it was really fun to paint on it =]

i used zbrush for the highpoly but the normalmap came from a program called XNormal

whe you say "break down the coloring for the wings to patterns from dark to light to create an artificial contrast" you mean from the center of the bird the the tip fo the wings?

about the "probably using complimentary colors" i thought it was more readable the complementary colors, here is the color wheel from the site kuler

Ht6gC.jpg

te extremes are the most saturated colors, the blue and yellow that are complementary, the middle color is the direct mix from both and the other two i got changing a little the percentage of the blue and yellow

perhaps it was not the best choice...

about the animations, i dont have a trigger for the delivery so i cant start an animation in this situation

i plan to drop the cat on the death, the owl will fly away and the cat will fall to the ground

the ideia of the owl on the back is awesome, i will check that if the rig is able to that =]

@Mark.N - great idea man! it will be awesome =]

---

plz guys, any suggestion of colors feel free to send me a kuler composition or a jpg, or just the names of the colors, i will return to then after the animations =]
  • SinAmos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your cat looks purple with bluish tones and the bird looks brown with yellow and pinkish tones. But anyway. I think you pick a simple primary color, like yellow, and start there. Then use shades of secondary colors that are closer to your primary. Also, use white and gray to create the contrast from top to bottom. Using white in the owl will also give you some contrast around the neck. Anyway, keep at it.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Haven't finished anything in a while. Still working on that CM set. Got this staff all the way done.

@Xpload: Yes, they will let you know if you need to fix something on your item if they are interested in it. Though they might also say something even if they don't end up using it.

30BFA55708EE358C86FAD381AF22BEC394AE407E
    E02CB9C6F2387C5792FF2D3A377C4B4301F49407
  • img
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    img
    Hello all! i'm new in 3d modeling, texturing, ammm... in cg =)
    But i already create 3d model lowpoly/high poly, make aomap and normal map, color map.(i follow this thread) but i dont get how create mask1 and mask2.. can someone explain.. or give me some link with guid. =)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Frump - nice work man, really well made
    the sphere will be self iluminated? if yes you could bleed more of his blue color to the staff