Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    great looking set, looking forward to see them fully textured :)
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    Im sure the Valve Devs have a reason for everything they do. I imagine they aren't the type of people who send out stuff for zero reason...

yeah but they are very very lazy at some certain parts as well.
    The problem is that the hero models don't follow a system. If they have a reason for that, they should have that for all the models.
    Check the keeper of the light's model files in the workshop page. In case they have fixed it by now, the problem was that they had forgotten to separate the models!
    Or the workshop webpage! half of the links can't be opened in a new tab! that's like 2002's web design standard :D
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Welp, good luck retopoing that flower Dry hyuck hyuck hyuck. Fro the cape I'd go with the 2nd version just cause the first one is a bit too African safari for my taste ^^
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Oh that NP set is looking very nice Alia! I like how the orange is being used :) And I agree with Spud on the 2nd cape.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Reza wrote: »
    The problem is that the hero models don't follow a system. If they have a reason for that, they should have that for all the models.
    Check the keeper of the light's model files in the workshop page. In case they have fixed it by now, the problem was that they had forgotten to separate the models!
    Or the workshop webpage! half of the links can't be opened in a new tab! that's like 2002's web design standard :D

You think that's bad you should try out TF2. Only a head model, not even a bone structure. Have to decompile classes, etc..
  • TommyTehZombie
    Updated my LC weapon a bit, sorta torn on the pattern on the side, not sure if its interesting enough.

LNPxBrI.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Reza wrote: »

If you dont like it you can always just decompile and build it yourself. Honestly the stuff they provide compared to other workshops is incredible. The only thing you can really get pissy about is the lack of animation and particle support for two years. Its there, but they gray it out, and they tease you, so hard. It makes me cry. volvo, stop making me cry.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Andrew true!!! I would just love if they would to make use of those "workshop_anim01-10" that are to select in drop list of every hero after importing your item. I mean I know how to animate stuff, how to export and such, however never yet was so stubborn to learn how to compile the whole hero with new animation ^^'
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    If you dont like it you can always just decompile and build it yourself. Honestly the stuff they provide compared to other workshops is incredible. The only thing you can really get pissy about is the lack of animation and particle support for two years. Its there, but they gray it out, and they tease you, so hard. It makes me cry. volvo, stop making me cry.

Especially since it's been there for 2 years, tastefully greyed out :P
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Valve really need to do something about these loading screens.... I have no problem with the actual original art but some people are now just uploading images of couriers that they did not create. I've even seen some of the original promo art for the game. Why are these even allowed on the workshop and not removed straight away?
  • christermime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    christermime polycounter lvl 8
    Got a new set going for Nature's Prophet! Dry sculpted out the treant and I did the other items. Really looking forward to texturing this one v:

-snip-

This np set is so cool! Really lovely shapes and the way you sculpted the hair looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more~
  • dev_md
  • mackingtosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated my LC weapon a bit, sorta torn on the pattern on the side, not sure if its interesting enough.

LNPxBrI.png

I like the colouring of the one on the left, but I'm not so sure about the spikes on the side closest to the bottom of the picture. I think it might be a bit overkill. Simple is not always bad. But maybe a design on the shaft?
  • KingUNREAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omni set I finally started after I completely forgot about concepting it a way while back!

The cape concept will more than likely change, atleast the front part. It reminds me too much of the Aladdin type vest.

7vq3Y.jpg

7vuFw.jpg
  • Pelzoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scepter for Lion, any feedback is welcome :)

Consepted by Gilga.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238315750

147EBD8BA66AC2B8A438AA44F03245C827B8BAE0
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry about big size :c don't know how change it
    any suggests?
    doc47308563_279712932?hash=5a0bd70ab47d284c17&dl=cdb35a9817be9a3f04&wnd=1
    older staff:
    doc47308563_278834933?hash=b7b0518f57a55ce188&dl=680ebef5404c697490&wnd=1
    doc47308563_278277718?hash=1303c5838d2bd7a78f&dl=e8c91205117d6e17f0&wnd=1
    doc47308563_273946107?hash=84bd244a419b230209&dl=9e6c295ddf0370f351&wnd=1
    doc47308563_271412754?hash=34cb13b7e32e67e881&dl=1d2620a2f8f67ba5bc&wnd=1
  • KingUNREAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Prosomogy
    I think all those items look great!
  • penOr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    I need some guidance from people who have used the hlmv.exe and imported items compiled with the dota 2 client. I am able to view all the contents of the dota pak.vpk, but when I try to view my courier after it has been compiled in dota 2, I get the error "error post-loading model". My friend also gets this error.

I've googled a few 'solutions' but none work. This is seriously the last hurdle in a 400m hurdle race... I need to render the animations with dota 2 shaders
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prosomogy wrote: »
    Sorry about big size :c don't know how change it
    any suggests?
    doc47308563_279712932?hash=5a0bd70ab47d284c17&dl=cdb35a9817be9a3f04&wnd=1

v0aeJrU.jpg

A minor suggestion..The staff is feeling really loud at the moment. I'd recommend bringing in some of those darks from the shoulders to tie it in closer to Dazzle's updated look.
  • Asi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asi
    I dont know how you guys use your tablets but i find bamboo pen and touch very hard to use, and to make something with it that has sense. It is a torture just to make human head shape and that takes me half a second when i do it on paper...i dont know maybe i bought wrong tablet :/
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Asi you need to give you some time to familiar with a tablet. Its because your hands are working on tablet but your looking at screen. You will get used to it and everything will be just fine :)
  • Asi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asi
    @Konras but i dont have that free felling like drawing on paper, and also i have 4:3 screen and tablet active area is something like 16:9, and i cant afford myself cintiq or some thing like that, iam just stuck with bamboo :/
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Asi I think there should be an option to force proportions to screen aspect ration on your tablet settings, maybe that will help in some way if you did not yet turned it on. To be honest I tried Cintique and I prefer regular tablet, but maybe its just to deep in my blood right now :D
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Hm, one issue you might have is that 'forced proportions' isn't turned on.

Try drawing a circle, see if it turns out oval. If it does, then you need to go into tablet settings and turn it on.

(This will turn off some of the tablet active area so that it matches the ratio of the screen)

Also play with the pressure settings if you can.

Other than that, it takes some getting used to. I am not a fantastic artist but I like tablet just as much as paper now that I'm used to it. But they will always feel a little different.

EDIT: Aw, damnit. Ninja Konras :P
  • Asi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asi
    Yea but that makes active area even smaller :/ any way i think they should increase tablet dimensions so that your hand and wrist can be on tablet and not on the border of tablet, that really hurt my hand. Well all my problems are solved with intous 4, but enthusiastic amaters in digital drawing like my just dont want to spend 350€ on that kind of tablet :)
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Sit a mouse mat up against it to even the height?

See if you can buy a second hand intuos 3?

I think if you already own the bamboo it is worth putting the time into getting used to it.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @asi, ya force proportion for that, also sit is correct direction like facing straight on monitor, put tablet on a large table will help in drawing. when i was got my table like 6 years ago i think i had to having hard time to draw for weeks.
    well i already get used for "off-set drawing for long time"

also personally Cintique is very expensive for a poor fag like me :(

currently using intuos 4 in office, intuos 5 touch as personal, the touch function i think is pretty useless. also i think buy A5 size is the best. thought we normally draw MOSTLY AT CENTER PART. :poly142:

here was my graphire 4 tablet that time before i changed to intuos 5
    599454_487426501273544_439752939_n.jpg
  • ike_ike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    agito666 wrote: »
    here was my graphire 4 tablet that time before i changed to intuos 5

neat apparently we use the same tablet. and monitor.

though my pen grip's still held together with duct tape ヽ(´ー`)ノ

@asi, i think you just gotta keep working at it. took me weeks to make lines that were only half wobbly. using a tablet's kinda unnatural and the only way you'll synch your hand and eye on different things is with buckets of practice.

might help to completely replace your mouse with a tablet for now. if you force yourself to navigate round your computer with only a tablet it shouldn't take too long to become second nature
  • Asi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asi
    @Reyne omg that is great idea, i dont use it so i havent got that in mind :P

@agito666 this graphire looks more practical then bamboo, well in my country i barely found used bamboo on some normal price
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe the graphire 4 grip is easy to melt :( also my nibs is almost bald and the spring is half spoil and not comfortable to use so i just buy a new one since i already got poisoned by intuos level tablet. :)

and ya keep using tablet like around 1 week then can get used for it :)

that time my pencil drawing was like this, then i got my first tablet for a week
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/135/a/0/Oni_girl_____by_Agito666.jpg

after a week usage with tablet...
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/001/b/c/0018_tablet_devation_by_Agito666.jpg

so my point is... it is easy to handle it :)
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asi wrote: »
    @Reyne omg that is great idea, i dont use it so i havent got that in mind :P

@agito666 this graphire looks more practical then bamboo, well in my country i barely found used bamboo on some normal price

bamboo is more advance than graphire 4, graphire line discontinued when wacom introduce bamboo series.
  • midget31394
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm new to item creation/3D modelling pretty much. Been looking for something to do recently and started drawing, came up with this so far:

mXNyBc9.png

I'm not sure about how the backpack straps will work, nor about the plaid style of shirt. I also am completely stumped on head/arm ideas.
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    ike_ike wrote: »
    neat apparently we use the same tablet. and monitor.

though my pen grip's still held together with duct tape ヽ(´ー`)ノ

@asi, i think you just gotta keep working at it. took me weeks to make lines that were only half wobbly. using a tablet's kinda unnatural and the only way you'll synch your hand and eye on different things is with buckets of practice.

might help to completely replace your mouse with a tablet for now. if you force yourself to navigate round your computer with only a tablet it shouldn't take too long to become second nature

I use a graphire 4 too! Bought it years ago secondhand off some guy. And it refuses to break so that I can buy a new one.

@asi Like the others have said it takes quite a while to get comfortable with drawing on a tablet. If you don't draw often it could take you years before you become confident in getting good strokes. Just keep practicing and using it; Soon you won't want to draw on paper again.
  • ated
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thinking of posting this in the workshop. What do you guys think, be honest.
    It probably needs a bit of color but i don't know where to put it.
    YTVRbDv
  • ated
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oops, I think the link is broken
    RGPtQF1
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    @agito666 So, that's how my graphire 4 will look in the future :P My pen has some cracks at the sides though.

Noob question: I know I should avoid adding bones whenever possible for obvious reasons but here's my case: I'll make a weapon for Tidehunter which can benefit from jigglebones on the other end of the weapon. The item won't make use of the original chain jiggle bone at all. Since the chain bone is part of the character and not the weapon model, it will still be active though.

Should I still choose not to add a bone to avoid getting instant rejection? I know it's a low probability to get something accepted but hey, anything is better than zero chance :) Any insight is welcome, thanks for reading!
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you really need to add a bone? There might be a better way making clever use of existing bones. Because if you do need the added bone you'll have to animate it for all his animations in order to get just that one bone to work as far as I know.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    ated wrote: »
    Oops, I think the link is broken
    RGPtQF1.jpg

copypasta this one if you want ^

and yea it looks quite nice tbh. youre right that it could use colour somewhere, but im not sure where. the general shape is nice, but the blade edge could look a little more damaged or the spikes made a lot more prominent. I didnt see them the first time
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    ZBrush polypaint base is more or less done I think. Some of the blank items are instanced and will be duplicated after the baking. It's mainly on the weapon and totem though. Once I get the files baked and into max I'll be able to do a bit more with the textures. Polypaint is pretty neat to work with, but is frustrating to not have some of the finer tuning that photoshop has, like layers.

ET_011.jpg
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    @Snowstorm, jiggle bones require some parameter adjustments only. After that point, they animate(jiggle) according to their respective parent bones. Workshop importer doesn't support these if I'm not mistaken but I'll compile the model manually and adjust the parameters anyway. I'll probably submit 2 versions, one with the additional bone and one without it.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bakes with base colours for Fox's qop hairdo!

FBTlTHh.jpg
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Snowstorm Wow looks awesome. Flower is beautiful. Only thing that I might suggest is to make horns a little bigger so they would stand out from hair shape in silhouette a little. That could benefit for sure in top-down view :)
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MlZBpUF.jpg

finally done my CK finalizing for a friend which i already dragging since CNY... not really sure the head and the horse will exceed the budget or not XD

time to move on for next FV set >_<
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    Concept aside, thats a really nice model sheet! It reminds me I have to step up my game and start drawing my stuff from every angle... concept looks cool too- the only thing Im not sure of is the huge block of orange on the horse. What is that?
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    Concept aside, thats a really nice model sheet! It reminds me I have to step up my game and start drawing my stuff from every angle... concept looks cool too- the only thing Im not sure of is the huge block of orange on the horse. What is that?

ashhh crap, you're right , i forget to make design for horse skin. *facedesk*
    i was only focus on armor .... >_<

that is a burning skin/ flame/ magma skin anyway
  • TheVirgl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Stone Fist by Virgl

u24q-hE_9xM.jpg
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that thing is HUGE!... now do one with the Thumb Up! :D
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome fist weapon!
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Amazing Stuff guys, well it's been a very long time but I finially managed to finished the set for Ogre I started more than 2 Months ago together with mango. Redone all the item's because I wasn't happy with how the first few came out.

Been a bit disappointed on how bad my last few items did on the workshop so I relaly needed to pull myself together to work on something again. Pretty happy how this turned out.

I hope you guys like it, and if you do please vote!

Click for link..

dapjOvJ.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    omij.gif

The new ward for Guidemaster Jimo is coming along as smooth as butter.