Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Finolis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello folks,
    I am entering in the amazing world of sculpting and I would like to share something with you guys...

This is my Ursa Warrior in clay (or what I got so far hehe)! I would love to receive some tips from you all. What you guys think about the pose, is it cool? Would you suggest anything else? I tried to make it really dynamic by replicating a frame from Ursa's Overpowered attack.
    lgSHVk3l.jpg
    WfiR8xcl.jpg
    DU85ftDl.jpg
    up54QXEl.jpg
    Oy3emxjl.jpg

And yes, it has only one tooth by now hehehe

What you guys think about it? Give me your thoughts :thumbup:
    (I found this amazing forum/topic through google. Would you suggest any other forum that I should take a look? I also tried to create a separate thread, since this thread is mainly focused on digital sculpting, however my account is too new to and I have no permission to do it, I guess. But since it is Dota related I thought it wouldn't hurt!)

Thank you!
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    reverendK: Nice Meepo set! Just look out when you bake so some of those tiny scratches don't turn to mush
    Chiniara: Really nice and clean Skywrath staff!
    Chemical Alia: Love the set! Really like your color choices!

Working on a head for Sand King based off of concept by DoubleLeaf.
    Screen%20Shot%202013-12-10%20at%202.02.27%20PM.png
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    And finally me and T_Vidotto can call finished this set for Bounty Hunter!
    Go vote for it on the workshop, please: TWIN BLADES ASSASSIN

BH_final_promo.jpg
    BH_beauty_shot_set.jpg
    BH_ingame.jpg
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    you guys got my vote! absolutely stellar work.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    motenai wrote: »
    And finally me and T_Vidotto can call finished this set for Bounty Hunter!
    Go vote for it on the workshop, please:

So sexy guys, really great work, you have my :thumbup: and favs for sure :poly121:
  • Gamer_Alien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, Noob question:

I sculpt with a mouse, so is it impossible to get a gradual cut in the blade like the one in the awesome Bh set above ? My cuts are all solid, non gradual pieces of shit...

Help me out here as your opinions may convince me to take action in buying a tablet ...
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    don't buy an intuos tablet
    they've been commonly defective
    My school supplies all the students with them and we've had nothing but problems because of hardware failure
    get a bamboo tablet if you can they're cheaper and have had a better track record
    if you're strapped for cash try getting a Monoprice off Amazon.com
    the largest monoprice is cheaper than the smallest Wacom.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    I had the same intuos 3 tablet for 6 years and it was perfectly fine.
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Gamer_Alien: If you are plaing to buy a tablet, buy a Wacom. If you are not much familiar with tablets go for a Wacom Bamboo, it does the work pretty well.

@Hawt I have a intuos 4 for almost 2 years, and still no problem here D:

---

Btw guys, I will show you some sketchy wip of a set that I'm working with Andyk. I usually don't like to show this part of my work, because it's kinda messy, but I would like to have some criticism before go further.

BuwlS4e.png

Head part:

Q4FBj4y.png

What you guys think? The theme is "Blistering Phoenix"
  • Gamer_Alien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had the same intuos 3 tablet for 6 years and it was perfectly fine.
    My school supplies all the students with them and we've had nothing but problems because of hardware failure
    get a bamboo tablet if you can they're cheaper and have had a better track record
    @Gamer_Alien: If you are plaing to buy a tablet, buy a Wacom. If you are not much familiar with tablets go for a Wacom Bamboo, it does the work pretty well.

Thanks for the replies! really appreciated :)

But my question is that, will i be stripped of some abilities without a pressure tablet ? i have tried time and time again with a mouse, but i never get even the simplest scratch on a weapon similar to what the pros (you guys) get.

I mean look at that scratch on the bounty hunter blade ... i cannot achieve that or any other graduation of any kind (size/strength wise).

If it is impossible, i really need to get a tablet because i want one of my items to be good enough for dota :)
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If what you're looking for is pressure sensitivity, lets just say going back to mouse work is like typing my thumbs to my palm and attempting to play the piano. Yea, it's do-able, but really, it's just so much easier to use the tablet. If you want to save yourself some handcramps and time, and if this is a hobby or job that you spend a good chunk of time on, I'd say a tablet is a must.

@ Sorry Hawt Koffee, don't know what's up there...
  • Gamer_Alien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foxclover wrote: »
    If what you're looking for is pressure sensitivity, lets just say going back to mouse work is like typing my thumbs to my palm and attempting to play the piano. Yea, it's do-able, but really, it's just so much easier to use the tablet. If you want to save yourself some handcramps and time, and if this is a hobby or job that you spend a good chunk of time on, I'd say a tablet is a must.

@ Sorry Hawt Koffee, don't know what's up there...

Thanks for the replies all !

Ok, I will go for a tablet *crowd cheers in background*, and after some practice, hopefully my work will get better.

Btw:

Intuos 3 - 0 Hawt Coffee

Workshop feedback can be such a let down, i know ...
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10

Weren't bamboo tablets renamed to intous and the previous intous renamed to pro?
    http://fstoppers.com/wacom-refreshes-their-tablet-lineup-with-the-intuos-and-intuos-pro

So if somone wants to buy a bamboo tablet, he would have to buy an intous tablet now.
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using an intuos 5 so maybe it's just the model 5s
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    I use a Bamboo Create, it's well and kicking and will complete its 3rd year of use in february.

Also, it has a good enough area to work with and the pressure sensivity is just fine.

It was comparatively cheap compared to other models, payed $199 at the time.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    someone really wanted me to do this in the color of the in game item so I uploaded a second style:

Promo-2.jpg
  • PrivateRowan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used to have a bamboo, than it mysteriously stopped working one day. Luckly was still under warranty and got a free upgrade to intuos 5! :D Havn't had a problem since.
  • Finolis
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Back to single weapons for now. This time it is the newest workshop entry, Luna.

Y0jpfAb.jpg
    EdbVsaJ.jpg
    NSbJ26T.gif

Glacial Night by Vayne and SLIMEface

200x200.resizedimage

We hope you like it.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    spiderling_eyeball.gif

creepy spiderlings are awesome!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    hey guys, working together with cottonwings and helenek we have submitted a new ward to the workshop!

please give me a HAND in welcoming The Handy Watcher!

268x268.resizedimage
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202860957

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcL4_g_1FeI

please vote if you dig it!
  • yogijyogesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yogijyogesh polycounter lvl 3
    Guys,I'm having some problems with my TA head model.I can import it properly into the game but it becomes invisible.
    I've skinned it to the exact same bones the original model was skinned to.
    Here's the model in max.
    mSL06ng
    When i import it into the game,it disappears ;_;
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    I'm using an intuos 5 so maybe it's just the model 5s

You're right about that, the Intuos 5's had a lot of issues, that's why I just went with the 4. Mine works great, never any problems, although the tips wear off pretty quickly though.

If I was a professional artist I would go for a Cintiq Companion, altough the screen is a bit on the small side :)

@andrew: Great Animation!
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I mean look at that scratch on the bounty hunter blade ... i cannot achieve that or any other graduation of any kind (size/strength wise).

Well those scratches are actually achieved by doing LOTS of heavy scratches with a stored morph target and then morph brush them back in certain areas. Pressure doesn't count too much in that case, but yes, having a tablet i highly raccomanted in any case...

And thanks everyone for the nice feedback :)
  • MugenMcFugen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

It doesn't even have to be Monoprice one, I'm using this baby and have no problems with it whatsoever, nibs last long enough (and you get extra two to replace), and although it uses battery for pen I didn't had to change it since I got this tablet. It's pretty good for something that costs less than 40 bucks.

They also got some newer tablets that are far better than mine but I have yet to see it. ;o
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a large problem with the intuos 5 is that it probably wasn't built for portability, they probably expected you to plug it in your pc put it on your desk and leave it there
    but I have to carry mine back and forth to class and my apartment constantly
    so I think the big problem everyone had was with the connector
    not to mention Wacoms awful cable design
    CVEMj2X.png
    who thought this was good idea?
    it's the most awkward thing ever
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5

Oh HELL YES.
  • z3lover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    z3lover wrote: »
    Hi guys, newbie here in the learning phase. So I made this hook here, it seems to be properly working untill..
    iymztl3.jpg

Until I use the hook and it goes wonkers. Now I'm pretty sure the fix is pretty simple, but I have no clue.

al4439P.jpg

ANy help guys?
  • Plant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a large problem with the intuos 5 is that it probably wasn't built for portability, they probably expected you to plug it in your pc put it on your desk and leave it there
    but I have to carry mine back and forth to class and my apartment constantly
    so I think the big problem everyone had was with the connector
    not to mention Wacoms awful cable design
    CVEMj2X.png
    who thought this was good idea?
    it's the most awkward thing ever

The intuos 4 had a way worse design cable wise (just straight in, no curved anchor)as well as poorly attached USB ports, the 5 is actually a massive upgrade in terms of portability, broke both my ports on my intous 4, been going strong with my 5 though!
  • bladeshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot polycounter lvl 5
    Collab with Zalakzik and Fancy Rita.

Mistress of the Eternal Torment

BC0F7DAAD5AF8129E41E3FE3C941A844641FF989
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee> those usb connectors are pretty much universal, though. When I lost my intuos cable, I grabbed the connector from an external harddrive, and it worked beautifully. Granted, you need to have the right heads for the cable, but .... if you have something similar, it could provide you with a hardier more portable cable?

z3lover> I wish I could help, but I have no clue. :S

Vayne> that looks brilliant. I'm enjoying this influx of luna items lately. :)
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10

That's absolutely horrifying.

Allow me to counter it with a slightly friendlier critter:
    Q2nY5dQ.jpg
  • Finolis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello folks,
    I am entering in the amazing world of clay sculpting and I would like to share something with you guys...

This is my Ursa Warrior in clay (or what I got so far hehe)! I would love to receive some tips from you all. What you guys think about the pose? Would you suggest anything else? I tried to make it really dynamic by replicating a frame from Ursa's Overpowered attack.

2p9cUAyl.jpg
    FXRB3Pcl.jpg
    kHL5SmKl.jpg
    wyW5hkql.jpg
    10NdlNKl.jpg
    Z7bnuaIl.jpg
    hi4fWJ8l.jpg

What you guys think about it? Give me your thoughts :thumbup:
    (I found this amazing forum/topic through google. Would you suggest any other forums for work like these? I also tried to create a separate thread, since this thread is mainly focused on digital sculpting, however my account is too new to and I don`t have permission to do it, I guess)
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
  • Bernoully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bernoully polycounter lvl 4
    Spotted this in Cyborgmatt's latest patch analysis:
    // Particle Effect Names

"Attrib_Particle4" "Self-Made Aura"

Currently empty. I wonder how they will implement particles for Self-Mades. :D
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wip of weapon for warlock
    0onbl3nMvqs.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu- Turned out really nice guys, really like this

Vayne- Very nice

bladeshot- Sorry, but I don't think this fits QoP at all

bounchfx- Love it, The animations are wonderful, love the T2 thumbs up death, no thing snapping fingers?

Gamer_Alien- Yay for tablets! I have had the same Intous3 and Cintiq 12ux for about 6+ years, only issue is the driver craps out every once in a red moon. For some practice gettign used to it, hold your off had up to the monitor and trace it in one stroke, do this a few times a day everyday and you will be beast mode with it.
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bernoully wrote: »
    Spotted this in Cyborgmatt's latest patch analysis:

Currently empty. I wonder how they will implement particles for Self-Mades. :D

I'm personally enjoying my red plus sign anti-particles™
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    kite212 wrote: »
    mihalceanu- Turned out really nice guys, really like this

Vayne- Very nice

bladeshot- Sorry, but I don't think this fits QoP at all

bounchfx- Love it, The animations are wonderful, love the T2 thumbs up death, no thing snapping fingers?

Gamer_Alien- Yay for tablets! I have had the same Intous3 and Cintiq 12ux for about 6+ years, only issue is the driver craps out every once in a red moon. For some practice gettign used to it, hold your off had up to the monitor and trace it in one stroke, do this a few times a day everyday and you will be beast mode with it.

snapping figers, flicking the bird, rocking out, and the more lion themed finger of death mini zap were all on the table. But I made the choice to keep it in line with respect to the hero it was based off of. Too bad I can't submit multiple rare animations, otherwise all of them would have been there. :poly124:
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Heroes updated or newly enabled on the workshop - Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Storm Spirit, Gyrocopter, Pudge
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snapping figers, flicking the bird, rocking out, and the more lion themed finger of death mini zap were all on the table. But I made the choice to keep it in line with respect to the hero it was based off of. Too bad I can't submit multiple rare animations, otherwise all of them would have been there. :poly124:

had that feeling, still love it, you went with the right one.....

HOLY SHIT GUYS

Heroes updated or newly enabled on the workshop - Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Storm Spirit, Gyrocopter, Pudge
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Wait whatttttt?? Time to draw! :D
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    finished a drowbow in collabo with andumy
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203070019

plz visit and vote for us if u like :)

greetings @all!

drow%20frostserpent%20512x512%20Kopie.jpg
    2.gif1.gif
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Cool! Gyro was a little unexpected.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I was going to work on a set for Weaver or a beard for Tusk, but now I gotta drop everything for Ember Spirit!

Finished up this Meepo set over the last 16 hours. Click to view the collection on the workshop.

224A1C4F7642FD9C53F2D69EAF0E5D08D8A7D4BF
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEGION COMMANDER GUYS!!! Apparently she's also being released with a special arcana thing?

Annnnnnd new heroes available in workshop are always lovely, can't wait to see what you guys cook up! * U *
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock wrote: »
    finished a drowbow in collabo with andumy
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203070019

plz visit and vote for us if u like :)

greetings @all!

You (and/or Andumy) didn't rig your model to the bow arm bones, so the bow doesn't bend during her attack animation.
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    Congrats to all who got something in game!

http://i.imgur.com/xUG8Vqk.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chiniara wrote: »
    Holy shiznit!!!
    That my item that i made with Stefco!

Awesome!!!!!

Congrats to everyone else!!!

Grats to you and everyone else, they made some nice selections
  • Gamer_Alien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

How are we supposed to know their poly limits ? they are not on technical requirements page ....