@cfey Thanks! I used MD to sim the cloth on the bed but its difficult to fold it under like in the concept. especially if it has more than one side. I think I will probably end up simulating it, then moving it with FFD then sculpting in ZBrush to get an accurate result@Tzur_H Keep up the good work man, It's looking much better once you have visual landmarks which you can associate with in reality. My measurements are about the same.The Coffee table may be a bit too tall, On average they are 1-2in shorter than the tops of the seat:http://www.decosoup.com/images/stories/Design_Issues/Coffee_tables/00C.jpg There are a few technologies which are behind in UE4 such as real-time GI, Decal shaders etc which make it difficult to copy the style of some games. Check the thread "Star Citizen Decal Technique" it has a lot of good information regarding getting high quality decals in UE4
@jenast_ jenast_ said:
Interesting workflow @RustyBeard ! Gonna try that when time allows.Your model looks amazing!Digging your model too! Looks nice and clean. One thing which I noticed is how much everyone is loving putting wear on these, like they have been thrown around or rattled around in an iron box. Explosives in the real world aren't generally treated so nonchalantly! That's purely a stylistic choice though, still looks good and edge wear is great for really making the individual shapes stand out. Thanks for the kind words! I highly recommend trying out this workflow. I love the freedom of design that the workflow gives me and for non deforming / environment pieces it allows for a super efficient model and at the least a concept piece which can be cleaned up easily. A tip for baking with painter / designer which really helped me is always... ALWAYS bake your high / low model at 4K with anti-aliasing turned up to 4x4 at a minimum. It will massively increase your bake time, but you will see a great difference especially with those curvature maps and edge wear masks. Even if you only export out 1 or 2K down-sampling will give much better results.
@RustyBeard looking right from the colors and it seems that everything is in place, nothing forgotten. in my opinion what makes the overall look not matching the concept is, that its not cartoony, sketchy, bendy (enough). at first, look at the silhuette.maybe you could ad some loops and try to bend all the parts a little so that they fit the concept. you could play with the lens a little - a fisheye could do a good job on this one ;-)i think the ripcage and the hand are far to detailed, make 2 or three fat rips instead of 6 or 7 tiny ones. the same with the grass and the rope; fat, exagurated, clear, reduced shapes.you posted your UV's: i think you could have straightend out some parts (like the rope, the dwellrocks, even the soilpart could be straightened). the distortions you get are not that big deal, but you get a lot more space... i think its a 1k texture?! you can pack things closer together. in my experience in a 1k texture its enough to have at least 4 pixels between two parts to avoid bleeding. that saves a lot of space as well. what also helps against bleeding: 'padding' or how its called in xNormals PS-filter 'dilation' - good sideeffect: makes the texture look a lot cooler ;-)i'm so sorry, thats a lot of feedback! best regards
Hey this is my first time doing one of these challenges. check it out!! please give me some feedback on how I can make this look spot on, always willing to learn. thank you in advance!!My website : http://calvinb41.wixsite.com/calvinbaptista-1
Needed a break from my current project so headed over here for some inspiration. Loved what i saw, so thought I'd throw my hat in.
Have got a marmoset scene uploaded over at artstation if anyone wants a closer look.
hannes d said:
man i have the feeling i wont have enough time
@artstream That's a good idea I'll do that.Here is the low poly.