Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Diablo III house - Handpainting practice

Replies

• eric.
    Vig: Wow, thanks! Yeah, I really need to make that change, to get a overall picture on an earlier stage. But I really like to go into details as soon as I can, which is a problem right now. Really helpful feedback I have to say. Time for some change! :)

Marnik:
    Thank you!

crazyfingers: Thanks man! I was planning to do that in the end, when I got everything in place and every mesh and texture done. It sure is a really good method!

So, Im pretty done with all the wood, Im just gonna make some more wood-"ends". Still got some space left in my wood UV. I just started with the cloth.

7_2.jpg
    7_1.jpg

Ciao :)
  • JFletcher
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Really comin' together! I'm gonna stop being an annoying back driver and just sit back and watch cuz it looks like you got everything covered ;)
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    Nicely done, good job on adjusting the wood. Keep it up mang!
  • kodiak
    Great work so far man... gettin me revved up to do some practice of my own.

The only thing I would suggest is think about how this would look from the camera perspective of diablo three. You really shouldn't be shy about exaggerating the details in the texture so it reads really nicely from a far isometric position.

keep up the good work!
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Loving it, definitely inspiring me to get in and do some hand painted textures!
  • HandSandwich
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good, Eric. Keep it up and this'll be a real nice piece.
  • dejawolf
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    looks awesome. don't stop now.
  • G3L
    Offline / Send Message
    G3L polycounter lvl 9
    hey thanks for that tutorial man! even though i have my own way of doing things, it's always good to be open to other people's workflow, so i appreciate the time you took to do that tutorial. real nice hand-painting thus far, keep at it!
  • Raider
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    All this fan art makes me wish blizzard would release d3 already, fkn so want to play that game :D

Loving the look so far, especially the new wood.. that was a redic paintover fletch :D
  • Jasonin3d
    Really cool piece!! I love it! keep up the good work, I'll be following this one...
  • eric.
    Whoa :)

JFletcher: Thanks!

crazyfingers: Thanks! I dont think youre annoying and Im not sure if I got everything covered :)

nfrrtycmplx:
    Thanks and I will!

kodiak: Thanks man! Yeah, the camera. I think my pictures shows almost the view you could get in diablo 3. If you look at the concept you see a little man at the bottom for measurement, so I think its almost accurate atleast :)

kaburan: Thank you! Glad I can inspire people. Makes me really happy!

AHotHandSandwich: I will try my best, thanks!

dejawolf:
    Thanks man, I wont :)

G3L: It was a pleasure to make that minitutorial, and perhaps Ill make more and better in the future. And yeah, you should have your own way of doing things, but its awesome to add a few tricks along the way. Thank you :)

Raider: Haha yeah, me too. So badly! Thanks, and yeah, fletcher saved me there hehe.

Jasonin3d: Thanks man! Happy you do :)

Okay, so now I got some stuff done. The cloth is "done" and I added the wood texture where it should be. I also made a really ugly rope texture which I will change soon. The rope texture in screenshots of diablo looks a bit more high res than mine, I just got a tiling 32x32. I also made some minor adjustments. Nothing that really shows though. Im just too picky ^^

Hope you like it!

8.jpg
    8_1.jpg
    8_2.jpg

Ciao
  • Mark Dygert
    That wood is looking great, especially the wood on the lower part. I love the cloth too.

I would be tempted to bevel some of edges of the building to round it out a bit.
  • Sirdelita
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    More contrast in the rocks maybe? Theres no real weight.
  • Jasonin3d
    only crit if I may, more dirt and cracks on the roof would look nice! also, since I'm stuck on this game, I think assassin's creed could be good reference for this scene.. keep up the good work! Now I want to do one too!!