Home General Discussion

Who's married, and how long?

Replies

• Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Zotter wrote: »
    With by bf for 2 years living with him for over 1, would be married but I decided it would be better to live without domestic rights and such... I kid, if it wasn't for that damned prop 8 >.<

Sorry, couldn't resist...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGc39PSFj8[/ame]

America's current stance on gay marriage is rather indicitive of the close-minded world we still live in. Come on Obama. What happened to all that "yes we can" talk?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Jack Black being Jesus is the best part, although it makes really valid points.
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, couldn't resist...

Hahaha, yeah I've seen that, love the point they were able to get across in a couple minutes, simple but powerful.

It's only a matter of time, those that are still rooted in the old ways are still alive and still have vote, so yeah, only a matter of time. :)
  • Canadian Ink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Canadian Ink polycounter lvl 12
    Ive been happily married for almost 3 years..but i'm still a pizza pop eating slob bachelor at heart ;-)
  • Ryan Clark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryan Clark polycounter lvl 18
    ZacD wrote: »
    How would homosexuals getting married affect anyone in the USA?

Unfortunately, it would cause hurricanes.

I'm a bit fuzzy about the actual science behind it, but the gaiety/hurricane correlation is well documented in our media. Our TV preachers seem to understand the whole thing better than I do.

It's too bad, you know. Because nobody wants to interfere with the basic right of free people to form contracts with one another by mutual consent... that would just be silly.

Alas, as it stands we don't have much choice in the matter. On account of the hurricanes.
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How would homosexuals getting married affect anyone in the USA?

Well It would pretty much be the ending of crusaders of the last ark and and Bill Murray's description of the latter half of Ghostbusters all rolled into one (the cats sleeping with dogs one). XD
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    Me, for the win!
  • charger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    charger polycounter lvl 18
    How about some wedding pictures from people here???

I am not married, having a relationship for almost 2 years now. But in a couple of years we probably will get married! (though it will be because of the party thats comes with it, since we both are not religious)
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Sure!

Rings:
    3270265794_79875590c8.jpg

Just after the service:

wedding_smile.jpg

Ewww, two men kissing!

wedding_kiss.jpg
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Dude, thats SO gay! :poly136:

Not married, but im with my girl for almost 3 years now. She works with mentally insane ppl, which is how we first met (not really hehe) :poly142:. The only games she plays are Bomberman, Zuma , Peggle, Skate 2 and Dead Rising :poly117:
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ewww, two men kissing!

*eyes burst into flames* well at least I can read my bible by night now :)

I kid, those are some cute pics though
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    We didn't really have a ceremony. We made our gay, atheist friend become a minister online, then sign off on the documents (under the full moon on the pagan spring festival no less.. didn't plan that it just happened to be). But we did need photos to send out to people so we could get them to send us gifts. :)

Guy and girl not kissing!
    BW_Faces2.jpg

and one of my favourite photos from the shoot

awwwwww_sm.jpg

Yes thats in a cemetary. :D
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL @ Prop 8 musical...

Been married for 5 years...Got married when we were 18 and 19, own our house...no kids yet, and I am happy! :)
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    There certainly are lots of happy couples around these parts, which is very nice to see in this day and age :)

It would be cool to know how everyone met and how long you all have been together in total before you got married.
    Is marriage still important in today's society, as it was 50 yrs ago?

I met my lady by pure chance as we were both supposed to be elsewhere but due to various situations out of our control we had to change plans and ended up in the same place.
    Crazy how stuff like that happens :)
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    i've been married for about 2 and a half years now. its funny most people have no idea they're always like "you're MARRIED?!?!?!!" hehe but then again alot of people act surprised when i say i'm actually a russian spy.

my wife is going to school, well she's doing that now, but when we first got married she didn't know what she wanted to do, i guess she still doesn't, but i was like hey game art is like the nicest easiest to get job out there, so she learned some 3d and got an internship, then the company hit some financial troubles and couldn't pay their employees, same happened to a few other dallas studios and it became really difficult for anyone just trying to break into the industry to find a job. so now she is studying to become a teacher.

we actually met on myspace! :) hhahhahahaa and we've been together for about a year before we got married.

I think the coolest thing about being married is companionship, we've been living in different states for about a month now and it sucks. once you kind of accept another person into your life they kind of become a part of who you are, i think we've both changed alot over the time we've been together to the point where i don't really feel complete without her. It just feels like there's so much more we can do together, and just having someone there to share your life with is awesome.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    I've been with my wife for about 6 years, now. We dated for 3 and a half, and have been married the last 2 and a half. We started dating during our senior year of college, although we first met during junior year. She's known me since the very beginning of my career, when I was still learning how to weld 2 vertices together :)
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    NEW BG IMAGE ON COMPUTER YES!!!!

wedding_kiss.jpg
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Poop has good taste! I like Redheads as well.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    I feel sad now. I don't even have a girlfriend. Hell, I've NEVER had a girlfriend.

Ride wrote: »
    Does your right hand count? If so, 22 great years, no marriage yet tho.

oh so sad... at least I'm not alone... but hey... I got a wicked imagination and 2 hands. awwww yeeeah giggidy.

on a slightly more serious note...

All my kung fu buddies keep telling me with my skillset (household handyman, car mechanical savvy, computer savvy, kitchen proficiency, martial artist, artist, writer, musician and laundry) that I would make a good wife. (or at least a good prospective man for a bride on the hunt)

Except...

I have yet to SEE any of these prospective women who values these skills in a man :'(

I must be totally doing it wrong. :P
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There certainly are lots of happy couples around these parts, which is very nice to see in this day and age :)

It would be cool to know how everyone met and how long you all have been together in total before you got married.
    Is marriage still important in today's society, as it was 50 yrs ago?

I met my lady by pure chance as we were both supposed to be elsewhere but due to various situations out of our control we had to change plans and ended up in the same place.
    Crazy how stuff like that happens :)

Mine and my wife's crazy story...

We sat next to each other during lunch in High School...She never paid attention to me cause I was loud and obnoxious. I never paid attention to her, as she was good and quiet. Her table always yelled at my table for being too loud and I would yell obscenities back. Our cliques did not click.

Me and a friend went to a Family Values Concert, and we were hanging out in the pit. I turned around and saw this fantastic pair of boobehs(She was not letting them hang out, they just looked good through the clothes). Mesmerized by them, I blurted out, "show me your titties!" and she said "excuse me, no!" Then I looked at her face, and said, "Hey you go to Red Oak right?" She said "yes..." and I gave my self a face palm...I figured I had no chance, but the next day she asked to see mine, and I showed her, and we just kind of got together and it has been that way ever since...

Show me your titties...The line of my life :)
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quokimbo wrote: »
    Show me your titties...The line of my life :)

Thumbs way up dude! :thumbup::thumbup:
  • nazeil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nazeil interpolator
    My wife and I have been married for 5 years in October. We met in college and married short after we both graduated.

She designs Halloween costumes for a company called Disguise. Mostly she handles (and loves) the girly costumes like Disney Princesses and Barbie.

She is tolerant of my passion for gaming...well as best she can be. It still annoys the crap out of her sometimes :P

She is far more supportive of my work though and my progression as an artist.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    Welcome back Ben. Congrats BTW. My best friend Alex has been engaged with his boyfriend for a while now. They did not get married during that window of time in California.

I have been married now for 1 year and 3 months. I have a baby on the way next month.

She use to be a school teacher (she actually taught David Beckham's kid in Los Angeles). She is now a stay at home future mom.

She does understand how crazy I am for games and the industry. She still will never understand me buying games and never playing them. The idea of having a game collection and me keep adding new games to the queue confuses her. She does play a little Wii Fit and random games like that.
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    Cool topic Ben. I must say I learned a bunch from your tutorials a while back when I was figuring out a low poly flow. Although at first I was hesitant to click on your website because of what it was titled.

parasite7: Hey gratz on the baby Kenny. Looks like you're leveling up.

Myself: Been married 8 years, no kids yet.

My wife works with homeless youth in hollywood, getting them off the streets and such. My wife is such a support to me and my goals and I love her for that, because I know she has alot on her plate. She understands my passion for gaming although she isn't a gamer herself. Although I did get her to play left 4 dead with me a while back and she loved it. Not for the graphics or gameplay but that I would constantly come back for her to help her up.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Just wondering... how old were you all when you got hitched? :o
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smirnoffka polycounter lvl 17
    Almost married twice. Women suck, I'd love to be gay. Unfortunatly tits do to me what cocks cannot. Oh well, I suppose I'm married to my job.

She is a good looking lady though, Just check it out!

n902000533_2665292_2336.jpg

Congrats to you Ben! If you and your hubby are ever in Aus lemmie know! That goes for all of y'all.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M wrote: »
    Cool topic Ben. I must say I learned a bunch from your tutorials a while back when I was figuring out a low poly flow. Although at first I was hesitant to click on your website because of what it was titled.

parasite7: Hey gratz on the baby Kenny. Looks like you're leveling up.

Myself: Been married 8 years, no kids yet.

My wife works with homeless youth in hollywood, getting them off the streets and such. My wife is such a support to me and my goals and I love her for that, because I know she has alot on her plate. She understands my passion for gaming although she isn't a gamer herself. Although I did get her to play left 4 dead with me a while back and she loved it. Not for the graphics or gameplay but that I would constantly come back for her to help her up.

Amazing, big props to your wife, that's the kind of job I really look up to.
  • whipSwitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whipSwitch polycounter lvl 8
    My wife and I have been together for 8 years, married for the past 3. I proposed to her all cheeseball like at Rockefeller Center during Christmas. Only, I didn't get down on one knee and make a big to-do about it. I put one arm around her, showed her the ring with the other hand and said

"How does world domination sound to you? I need a partner."

a tear ran down her cheek as she responded :

"I always wanted to be the wife of a dictator."

She isnt really into games, other than tetris and solitare. But she is an art director by day, and a portrait painter by night. So she completely understands my art-crack personality.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17

haha yeah wondering this as well. I'm 24 and marriage is something that still seems so far away to me, I feel like I'm still just a kid really!
    But I guess in some places it's more normal to get married pretty early. Here in Stockholm I hardly know of anyone under 30 that's married.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I was 18 and she was 19...
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Quokimbo wrote: »
    I was 18 and she was 19...
    WOW! thats young! Ever regret it?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I have someone who has been hanging around for a bit and leaves evidence of her existence around my flat.

Should probably do something about it, but I'm fussy. I was almost wed, twice!

I'm of the school of thought that there's always something better lurking around the corner so it's hard to commit. In time this will probably change, but if it doesn't, at least I get to live with "variety"
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Married for 3 together for 7 and we have a 19 month old daughter. My daughter takes up most of our time and makes us watch disney's beauty and the beast like 50 times a day lol.

She said fuck for the first time yesterday :S Have to watch our language a little more now.....

My wife loves gaming with me, in fact she was the reason I got into 3d to begin with :) I wanted to make characters for games we play together. She supports me in almost every thing I do, I couldn't be happier.
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    The first sentence that kwakkie posted after Ben showed those pics had me rolling...
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Peris wrote: »
    haha yeah wondering this as well. I'm 24 and marriage is something that still seems so far away to me, I feel like I'm still just a kid really!
    But I guess in some places it's more normal to get married pretty early. Here in Stockholm I hardly know of anyone under 30 that's married.

hehe, its strange things :)
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8

I was 21, my wife was 23.
  • moxy3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not married but I've been with the love of my life for going on a year now. Like you Poopinthemouth, I'm thinking of going overseas to marry him since gay marriage, civil unions etc aren't too big in Virginia, where I live. :( He doesn't understand my love for 3d and gaming for that matter, but he still supports me in everything I do.

BTW - Poopinthemouth, your tutorials are just kickass. 'Nuff said.

-Brian
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moxy3d wrote: »
    I'm not married but I've been with the love of my life for going on a year now. Like you Poopinthemouth, I'm thinking of going overseas to marry him since gay marriage, civil unions etc aren't too big in Virginia, where I live. :( He doesn't understand my love for 3d and gaming for that matter, but he still supports me in everything I do.

BTW - Poopinthemouth, your tutorials are just kickass. 'Nuff said.

-Brian

As a native Virginian (born/raised in Richmond) I feel your pain.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The USA really should pass legislation saying same sex marriages preformed else where have to be legally recognized by every state. How are people gay partners suppose to deal with jobs/job markets that require people to move?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems to be a very american thing to marry that young (just look here for examples, all us euro guys go whuuuuu?). Around 18-25's we sleep around like mad men over here in europe (well most of us). Just having a steady partner is impressive enough. :)

Maybe you mature faster in America. I certainly know that i was in no shape or form to marry at 18. I was still living at home back then... well kinda, I was in the army but still. I moved home after it was over and before my school started.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Been dating the most awesome, no-bullshit lady for almost a year now, but I never plan to get married. I'm not one to follow tradition and don't see the need to have a legal contract filled out, an expensive wedding or some religion involved in order to enjoy life with a significant other.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    The USA really should pass legislation saying same sex marriages preformed else where have to be legally recognized by every state. How are people gay partners suppose to deal with jobs/job markets that require people to move?

There already is a provision in the Constitution for this, the Full Faith and Credit clause that makes things like drivers licenses in one state valid in all others, etc. Strangely enough, no one has yet taken a state to court over failing to recognize an out-of-state gay marriage, but precedent suggests that if a gay Vermont married couple moved to Texas (yeah, that's not likely), they might be able to successfully sue for the rights Texas provides to all other married couples if the state attempted to deny them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Faith_and_Credit_Clause#Same-sex_marriage

I've been married a bit over 7 months. She's awesome :D
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Epic lonelineeess :P
    I like this thread, good to see so many have found love with people who support/understand or even share their work ^^

As for gay marriage, move to Norway, or Iceland or any of the other 9 countries not stuck in the damned stone age :P
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie wrote: »
    WOW! thats young! Ever regret it?

No sir not at all! We bought our home three years later, and just had our baby boy on June 12th! I have yet to make a new Polycounter Thread...It is on my list of things to do. lol
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Seems to be a very american thing to marry that young (just look here for examples, all us euro guys go whuuuuu?). Around 18-25's we sleep around like mad men over here in europe (well most of us). Just having a steady partner is impressive enough. :)

Maybe you mature faster in America. I certainly know that i was in no shape or form to marry at 18. I was still living at home back then... well kinda, I was in the army but still. I moved home after it was over and before my school started.

You start sleeping around at 18? I started at 15 :P But yeah, its kinda weird for me I'm 19 and with someone I could see spending the rest of my life with. But I still haven't been able to do the I'm 21, I'ma get fucked up, party, and pass out every night for the next 2 years, thing :P

ebagg wrote: »
    Been dating the most awesome, no-bullshit lady for almost a year now, but I never plan to get married. I'm not one to follow tradition and don't see the need to have a legal contract filled out, an expensive wedding or some religion involved in order to enjoy life with a significant other.

I'm sure when/if you have kids, you might get a little more worried about the legal shit. Just read some of the horror stories about gay couples that live together, have civil unions and kids, and one of them dies and the other persons family takes everything they can get, or the ex-wife takes "her" kid(s).
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You start sleeping around at 18? I started at 15 :P But yeah, its kinda weird for me I'm 19 and with someone I could see spending the rest of my life with. But I still haven't been able to do the I'm 21, I'ma get fucked up, party, and pass out every night for the next 2 years, thing :P

Well. I was mainly speaking out of a marriage-viewpoint. Can't get married at 15... unless you live in "one of those countries...."

We get started around then to. Not me though. I wasn't that smooth with the ladies. Hardcore geek with zero interest in anything that wasn't polygons :)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Oh yeah... extrude those polygons, WTF? interpretation error?! Maya, you bitch, don't crash on me on, you performance has been crappy all night.
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But I still haven't been able to do the I'm 21, I'ma get fucked up, party, and pass out every night for the next 2 years, thing :P

21 ? we do that with 14 ;)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I meant legally :P
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    been with my better half for 15 yrs...married for eight. She does Arch vis stuff, she never really got it when I was a sculptor, but she was always hugely supportive, even following me around the globe for work.