Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The monkey and the ball

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    We are still moving, at full speed even.

In phase 3 of MSU we won:

* First place Best FPS Mod
    * Second place Best Level in Mod
    * Third place Best Graphics in Level
    * Fifth place Best Use of Physics

We now hold 8 Top 5 positions within the contest, in 3 rounds so far, including 4 first places.

We have some major things coming up. It is going to be a ride. We are announcing Part 4 of The Ball: Hueca (far, distant). To be released in little over a week!

Hueca (far, distant) will be the 4th episode. To be released in little over one week from today, Hueca will be a one level extension to our adventure, but it will be a really large level. We estimate it will take people close to an hour to play through and explore. We only had three short months to produce this but I feel we have done more than ever, at a higher quality than ever, and we managed to add a range of fresh new elements to the gameplay and will certainly carry on doing that. Gone are the days of just rooms with puzzles. The design is getting mature.

Hueca takes place in a gigantic cavern with three large pyramids. Inside each pyramid are a whole bunch of puzzles and enemies. The player will travel over the desert using a large ancient vehicle that uses the Ball as its powersource.

Features
    # Solve the pyramids in any order and freely roam the desert.
    # The introduction of a vehicle to roam the desert with and to protect yourself from its inhabitants!
    # Three new enemies: A giant bomb dropping bird, a cannonfodder beetle, and a big sandworm that guards every pyramid.
    # Introduction of ball modifications. The ball will acts as a local low gravity field or as flashlight in certain specific areas of Hueca. This functionality will be greatly extended in Part 5.
    # The introduction of a brand new environment theme. While used only in the indoor sections in Hueca, this new metal industrial style will take over from the old one entirely in Part 5.
    # A new Survival level and further improvements done to the gametype in general.
    # A range of changes including new voice acting, more parts of the menu replaced, and last but not least a stats system.

theballhueca1.jpg
    huecaworm2.jpg
    vehicleandbird1.jpg
    vehicleandbird2.jpg
    vehicleandbird3.jpg
    vehicleandbird4.jpg

Our team has grown too. Mike Hillard joined us as voice actor, and Charlie Baker as an artist. He worked on the vehicle and did an outstanding job on it.

Also if you come across an article about us in printed media, please shoot me a mail and tell me about it! It would be much appreciated.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    Crap, I gotta play this!
    Last time I played the mummies had me killed, I wasn't good at squishing them enough.
    But these visuals are motivating enough for one to start playing again :)
  • bloodmoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bloodmoon polycounter lvl 8
    I like the environment and the whole game id
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    I'm a bit late playing this (only started the first TheBall today) and I wanted to say great job ! Everything is fantastic in this mod. Starting part two I just downloaded at moddb.
  • Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Also, ModDB is running a preview special on Hueca!: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball/features/the-ball-hueca-preview

May want to wait a bit Zenarion, Hueca release in a week or so :)

Bloodmoon, thanks for your interest but we have everyone we need right now, especially environment wise.

paroXum, cool :)
    Be sure to only download Teotl though, nothing else. Every release we do also includes the previous episodes (and patched up) so you wouldn't want to play anything other than the Teotl really really :)
  • bloodmoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bloodmoon polycounter lvl 8
    Ok thanks anyways ^_^ If you need any modeling just drop me a line. I'm happy to make a few props or a longer project if needed. Keep up the great work guys.