Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Gaaaaaahhhd about god damn time-!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    that project is still around? I thought it got canceled a while ago...
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Yea, I remember reading that it got canned a while back too; well good to see it's still alive.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    dont mind if I do!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    cool, this is the only mmo game I was excited about, I havent played any other mmos so I dont think I will get into the beta.
  • Wheel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool an MMOFPS. Are there vehicles ?? I've been waiting for something like this since Planetside. When someone gets on it tell us how many players can be in a battle.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    It's been said up to 100 vs 100. It sounds like they are doing the Guildwars game structure, where the cities are open but the battles take place in instanced areads.

I enjoyed Planetside but Korean MMOs scare me, I don't like to grind at all.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I tried it at e3 a few years ago... I hope it's changed a lot...
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    have to sign up when i get home. I want Starcraft2 beta more though :D
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    It sounds like they are doing the Guildwars game structure, where the cities are open but the battles take place in instanced areads.

oh no I hope not, I didnt enjoy the guildwars structure - its too easy to end up alone with npc buddies and missing the whole point of being online. If other human players arent in sight at all times taking part in tasks offered in the game world then I think the game looses immersion and becomes bland faster than an offline game. 100 vs 100 sounds pretty epic though
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I tried it at e3 a few years ago... I hope it's changed a lot...

I actually liked it when I tried it at e3.

:/

I thought it had a lot of potential.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone's played this, could you share some thoughts on what makes this an mmo? The gameplay I've seen so far just looked so similar to Unreal Tournament 3 that I would've had a hard time keeping them apart. I take it this is the instanced stuff, but I really just don't see the point of an mmo where Combat is just a standard online fps game in a closed off area...
    Anyone have any experience to share?
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    MightyPea wrote: »
    If anyone's played this, could you share some thoughts on what makes this an mmo? The gameplay I've seen so far just looked so similar to Unreal Tournament 3 that I would've had a hard time keeping them apart. I take it this is the instanced stuff, but I really just don't see the point of an mmo where Combat is just a standard online fps game in a closed off area...
    Anyone have any experience to share?

Well, I kinda hate mmo's because of the personal requirements (like having to play a shitload of time to get items and exp etc) plus you have to grind grind grind and stuff.

This could be a nice alteration from the norm if it's more skill based than how-many-hours-have-you-played-this-week based.

Now, I'm not saying that someone who's playing more hours wouldn't be more skilled, I'm just saying there's a difference and if nothing else, you really can't be playing an adrenaline pumping fps for 18hours a day like some wow junkies do.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I was only able to play for a day: I'd call it Guild Wars meets Unreal 3. The combat isn't as crazy-nuts fast as Unreal 3 so I enjoyed it. The closed beta ended yesterday