Home General Discussion

Let's get opinionated: Who's going to win Dominance War 4?

Replies

• rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RE3456: Sure, but keep in mind that the judges don't see our WIP threads, nor do they browse YouTube - which is easy to forget as you make your entry, I find. And for all the excellent design and modelling that went into Molotov's entry, I do think he kind of dropped the ball when it came to texturing, mostly in terms of the grey/blue surfaces and those handpainted scratches. A cleaner texture might've let the wonderful hipoly do more of the talking.

Other than that, I think Holi makes a damn good point :)
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Jesus my head just exploded!!!!

I think i'm also going for N0X-2292, but serisouly... good luck to the judges, that's all I have to say :P
  • soulstice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    soulstice polycounter lvl 9
    wow N0X-2292 O___O

That is just insane the amount of effort and work put into his piece! Jeez it would be a shame if he didn't win, I can't imagine the total time he spend on that beast!
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    IronHawk wrote: »
    Boofis!
    who?
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Dreamer wrote: »
    who?

hahaha....Jeremy's entry
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    mygod I love that owl. I'm not sure if it's the monocle or what. I went through all the entries yesterday from all the boards... I'd have to say I think polycount fielded the most spectacular 3d stuff. There were a few good ones from other boards, but I think PC had the most.

The rollerblade clawfoot chick trooper's suit reminds me a little too much of the crysis nanosuit, though it looks pretty neat.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    that demon princess one is fucking fantastic
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    I was going to say that I really liked Ritorian's entry but it looks like he didn't make it in the top 75....wth!

presentation.jpg

How does that not make it in the top 75??! I mean i know the final shots are a little weak and the black background was a bad choice but seriously that work is crazy!!!
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    This might get my vote, I prefer it aesthetically to molotovs. And someone actually made a steed work for dom war, thats some achivement. I think it will probably end up in the top 3, not that I have looked through all the finalists.

DemonBeauty.jpg

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=282&t=747013
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Oh crap! I would not want to be officiating at this years Dom War. It must be insane trying to pick from these various entries. I'm looking through the finalists, and they just all look so freaking good! How do you pick when the potential candidates are so solid? I think everyone really brought the heat this year. Big kudos to everyone who entered, it was more competitive this year than ever before. Everyone who placed in the top 75 should feel proud of themselves already.