Home Technical Talk

Autodesk smarts

Replies

• |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    Save the script, run it, go to customize interface, find "toggle bottom bars" and bind it to the key. It should work.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ yep, only it will be found under Customize > Customize UI > Toolbar tab > Category: PerisTools .
    Then you can drag and drop "toggle bottom bars" into a toolbar. Or go like buddy suggested to the keyboard tab and bind it to a key, or quad menu, whatever...

Or if you really want to drag and drop the script.

Delete the header (top 3 lines) and it should let you drag and drop the script no problem.

Why is this?
    The script has a header (top paragraph) and is being defined as a nested macroscript. Normally the script could have a bunch of other macroscript defined in it like THIS. Max is saying "this could have more then one script I won't know which one to run when you click this as a toolbar button" (even though there is only macroscript one this time around).

If the script ever gets updated, you have two ways to update it based on how you installed it.
    - If you removed the header and dragged the raw script into a toolbar, you'll need to remove the old button and drag and drop again, or right click the button choose Edit Macro Script and paste the new script in there, save it and run it once.

Iif you ran the original macroscript and accessed it through the customize menu, you'll just need to run the new script and it will update automatically.
  • binopittan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it works now! thx guys =P
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anybody know how I can hotkey my convert selections? I have vert, edge, open edge and poly set to 1,2,3,4 respectively. I want my convert (ie I have a selection of verts, ctrl + click on polygon and get selection in polygons) to be ctrl + 1,2,3,4 respectively. I can't find this listed in the customize user interface and it feels like I've looked everywhere.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Customize user interface
    Keyboard tab
    Group: Main UI

Convert to Edge (Poly)
    Convert to Face (Poly)
    Convert to Vertex (Poly)
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D'oh! Thanks. I swear I looked through everything under 'convert'. I guess I shouldn't be doing my max customizing after midnight.

Okay on another note, I have a couple keyboard shortcuts that don't work the same way as clicking on their respective buttons does.

Bridge
    With two edges selected that I want to bridge:
    1) click button: edges bridged
    2) press hotkey that is set to 'bridge' under Editable Poly and bridge button highlights, but I have to click each edge (same behavior as if I had no edges selected, then pressed bridge button)
    3) hotkey for bridge options pushed, edges bridge.

So it seems that hotkeying bridge ignores your selection?

Remove
    Select edge. Press remove button, and two hanging verts are left over. Press remove hotkey (bound to 'remove' under editable poly) and edge+verts are removed.
    Now this one is actually kind of useful, since most of the time I don't want the leftover verts, but the rare times that I do I can use the button. I'm just wondering why it's like this, and if there's an option to have it work differently.

[edit] One more:
    I have 'v' set to connect, and 'ctrl + v' set to connect options. Now V will just do a connect with my previous connect options. Sometimes this is what I want, but often I just need a quick way to drop an edge in the middle of my edge ring (which V will do as long as the connect settings are at default). Can I have this set to say shift+v somehow?
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Connect: That sounds like something that would be in Polyboost or something similar, haven't been able to figure it out how to get that kind of functionalty myself.

Remove select edge: Probably because there is a second button, backspace, that handles this.

No idea about the others. I can't seem to get the bridge shortcut to work at all, I have to use the button.