Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    ahh thats much better vig
  • A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Everyone is pretty spot on so far with critiques.

As for day or night... always nice to have both just so you can compare and take whichever one you like best. (Although time consuming)

Keep up the good work. Has great potential.

• tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    I added a simple 3 point lighting set up last night, and it really brought out the textures, so the scene does look alot more dynamic now. I just need to dirty it up and fix up the spec. Once It looking good at day time, I think I'll make a night time version. All the different light sources in the scene could really liven things up.

I'll work on it more when I get home from work, and I'll post progress.
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    Update time: I've been pushing this further and here's what I've got:

lptextureprogress2.jpg

I really like what I have here, I dirtied up everything.. Especially the back wall, which really makes everything pop out. I dirtied up the boat section alot more than pictured, however I really didn't like the result. I think I like the boat like this, but i'll keep pushing the grime in those areas and see what I come up with.

I think I've broken up the peice alot by altering the spec levels on the windows, I think I should try do something similar with the metallic objects in the scene to break it up further.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    the dirt you have applied is too consistent, what about drip stains rust stains from the metal, the water line on the boat(it was once a working boat so where did the water come up to), maybe the odd barnacle
  • vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vladino polycounter lvl 15
    I agree with shepeiro.

Looks like you lost your normal map?? :)