Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sascha the manimal

Replies

• merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the suggestion regarding the nipples, it is a great idea. I am willing to give the extra nipples a shot but I am concerned about how logical it would then be for her to be wearing just one bra (I think that multiple bras would look rediculous). Do you think it would not look strange to have just one bra?
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have made the head more lion like and worked on the hands and feet. Also here is the start of the helmet.

sphynx_male_2.jpg
  • HaloAnimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HaloAnimator polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, merlyn, these are awesome images on these Animals as humans. The attention to detail esp on the female cat is astounding too...all of the tiny hieroglyphics are a neat touch.

About the breast size, I would leave it as is. I know women with boobs that small (I'm serious) and multiple nipples I would not add that if you are trying to meld human and cat. Kind of reminds of Bast the Cat Goddess. Very Nice

Keep it up
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    V cool work but the mask on the slave/soldier thing (last one) loks heavy handed, re-design it so its smaller and hides less of the awsome work underneath
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    I wouldn't go with the extra nipples. If you added them, you'd either have to remove some clothing or put more on for it to look logical, and I like the way she looks now.

My problem with that helmet is that it looks perfectly molded after that one individual's face. Consider how different people's facial structure can vary, and apply that to a creature like that. I believe you'd get relatively large differences in muzzle length and size and such things, so they'd need a pretty big, generic looking headgear to fit all sizes.

How to pull that off, I have no idea. But helmets made for human heads tend to look pretty generic and large, so it doesn't matter how big your nose is or how large your cheeks are, you can still fit inside the helmet.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    Hadjit Saschaaa!
    nice work man, keep goin'
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I will definately work on the helmet some more.

Added a skirt and worked on her headdress.

sascha_throne_posed_2.jpg
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    looking pretty good man, you have some really nice details. whats kills me are the hands, looks like a muppet, or a furry/mascot.
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks konstruct, I will see what I can do to the hands. Here is the latest soldier render.

sphynx_male_3.jpg
  • merlyn
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sculpted a staff for Bast (the cat previously known as Sascha) to carry. Started a new Job as a runner in a visual effects studio in London so I will probably have less time for this project now.

bast_scepter.jpg
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the progress. My job has got me doing loadsa overtime so not a lot of time for this project at the moment.

Bast_02.jpg
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started texturing her. Regarding her colors I am open to suggestions if this scheme is not popular.

bast_texturing_1.jpg
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    I like it a lot. I think you should keep it like this. Hairless and splotchy.

But, she does look a little like she has vitiligo. which I like.

any chance we can get a shot without the bra? haha!

seriously tho. cat Pron please.

Edit: hair in the ears!
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Great progress!

Can't wait to see more of the soldiers.

Some points, I think the pose is quite stiff. You could make the "queen's" left elbow rest on the arm of the chair and maybe make her lean a bit forward. Crossing her legs would be a nice touch too.

The splotchy skin is a nice idea but I think it detracts from the character's royal nature. If she is some kind of queen then maybe her physical features should reflect that, IMO. Maybe a much lesser tone of that splotchiness should do the trick.