Home General Discussion

Palin interview, better than a nip slip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hELjmWfVBU[/ame]

Partisanship aside... I am speechless. I wish there were a Daily Show/Colbert Report tomorrow...

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wowwwwwwwww
    dis bitch be crazy
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Good guys and bad guys? Really? Surely people don't take this woman seriously. Right?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    basically,

she's a soccer mom.

WE ARE ELECTING A FUCKING SOCCER MOM!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Kill the bad guys! And then brush your teeth.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Sigh.........

She honestly truely scares me, I fear for everyone if those two dumbasses get elected.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    aesir wrote: »
    basically,

she's a soccer mom.

Dude, that's totally not cool the way you're misrepresenting her.

She's a hockey mom. Duh. :P
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    She's like an even less intelligent bush but with tits... Her face even looks a bit like his, hmm maybe its the same facial expressions...
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    lol the insistence on spreading democracy throughout the world, because, as she says, that's what EVERYONE WANTS, sounds a little Christian-missionary to me. It's like, you will accept go--er America cause if not you're going to hel--er, you're going to be in a bad place!!

It's like, omg, America, you're not the world's nannies. Leave some of these countries alone!
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    ... Watched a quarter of the interview... I dunno if I can watch the rest. Honestly, this is like a show where you get so embarassed for the characters you have to look away... only instead of a character it's a real person. And she could quite likely be president.

Fuck, our world is screwed.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    HOLY SHIT- is this real? damn, if this video gets widely circulated, they may as well throw the election. ... I actually kinda bummed out cause I was looking forward to the debates.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    How is this woman seriously being considered for the vice presidency? Not to mention McCain's total switch on half his views from 2000. I'm having aneurysms almost daily :(
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Partisanship aside... I am speechless. I wish there were a Daily Show/Colbert Report tomorrow...

Holy fucking hell... watched the rest. Who needs Stewart or Colbert, she does their job for them. I don't know whether to laugh, be angry, be frightened, be scornful, or what. This is fucking terrible.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh man...

I hate hearing her talk...

Mcain and Palin just scream 'scapegoat' to me for some reason. It's like the Republicans don't want to win this one so they can wash their hands of this war and our current economical situation.
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Beacon of light... holy crap!
  • Toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toast polycounter lvl 11
    Listening to her answer those questions, she sounds quite out of her depth.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    i don't like these questions, off with your head! bad guys must not prevail their rein of terror, second holocaust, such as, second guess, flip mode, even-though-we're-making-money, gimmie-some-mo
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir wrote: »
    basically,

she's a soccer mom.

No, no we're not.

I liked all the pauses and interruptions as she waited for her little ear buddy to catch up.
    Bush does the same thing, I'm surprised they don't put their hand up to their ear and say "say that again". If she's not wearing a reciever then she's horrible at memorizing her lines.

Seriously they're looking for a new puppet and they found her, good thing she's only running for VP... oh wait they hate McCain, I hope he has a food taster on hand at every meal. =P
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    That was um...scary. Please do me a favor and elect Obama, thanks.
  • hyrumark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hyrumark polycounter lvl 12
    Oh my, that was excruciating to watch...it reminded me of those beauty pageants where they ask the serious questions, and the girl just tries her hardest to sound smart, but ends up saying nothing at all. And that whole part about Russia, Katie Couric looked like she could hardly believe what was coming out of her mouth!

I'll bet Joe Biden is just foaming at the mouth to have a debate with this woman.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    From the email hacking thread:
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Palin is quite clear in her beliefs, and that is a good thing--a breath of fresh air. ... Feel free to provide the quotes from Palin that make you most worried, perhaps I missed them, as this thread hasn't exactly stayed on topic.

Awaiting your comments Jonathan.
    PixelGoat wrote: »
    That was um...scary. Please do me a favor and elect Obama, thanks.

We're trying. See above.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    wow that was really hard to watch. Damn, I feel bad for her. I do like John Mcain as a dude, but she is waay out of her league.
    Obama and Biden ftw. At least they can articulate their thoughts.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Christ that was horrendous. I can see why the McCain campaign shielded her from reporters.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Hah! elitist yuppy democrats own passports, only true Americans get one when their job requires international travel!
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Hah! elitist yuppy democrats own passports, only true Americans get one when their job requires international travel!

Your kidding right?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what do you think, commie!?

yes I am, polycount won't let me post in all caps which totally ruins the impact of my posts
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    what do you think, commie!?

yes I am, polycount won't let me post in all caps which totally ruins the impact of my posts

Haha ok.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wasn't kidding about the commie remark
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    That was certainly not better than a nip-slip.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I don't have a passport.

I'm a 'MERICAN!
  • doc rob
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    He's clearly naive. They could well have WMDs in those yurts.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
  • Rick Stirling
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Matt Damon makes a poor assessment that doesn't really clarify his point that he's concerned
    about someone who thinks dinosaur bones were buried in the earth to test her faith having
    the necessary grounding in reality that the nation could rely upon her in a crisis.

Likewise it sounded like he wanted to make the point that having another person who
    could be president that's never travelled outside of america, in charge of (amoungst other
    things) the nations foreign policy.

Or more to the point, that someone would be so breathtakingly uninformed in the way of
    the world that they wouldn't consider it too much of a reaching statement to say that
    being 4000 miles away from the wastelands of russia magically grants a person experience
    in foreign matters.

So no, I doubt Matt Damon is doing much to contradict the worth of Palin, he's just adding
    mud to the water I think, but who really cares what a person whose most inspiring comments
    come from cinema, when written by another, thinks?

Every time an actor speaks out against a politician they just further that politicians cause!
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    I wasn't kidding about the commie remark

pahahaha.

This election is terrible...that is all.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matt Damon makes a poor assessment that doesn't really clarify his point that he's concerned
    about someone who thinks dinosaur bones were buried in the earth to test her faith having
    the necessary grounding in reality that the nation could rely upon her in a crisis.

Likewise it sounded like he wanted to make the point that having another person who
    could be president that's never travelled outside of america, in charge of (amoungst other

Or more to the point, that someone would be so breathtakingly uninformed in the way of
    the world that they wouldn't consider it too much of a reaching statement to say that
    being 4000 miles away from the wastelands of russia magically grants a person experience
    in foreign matters.

So no, I doubt Matt Damon is doing much to contradict the worth of Palin, he's just adding
    mud to the water I think, but who really cares what a person whose most inspiring comments

Every time an actor speaks out against a politician they just further that politicians cause!

Agreed, a bobble head commenting on a bobble head, won't give weight to the statements made. But I think he brings up two other good points, she's only been the Mayor of a very small (very crime ridden) town and Governor of a backwater do-nothing state for 2 years. I'm not sure we have the time to really get to know her on a national level and the McCain campaign is making sure her events are as scripted as possible.

McCain's #1 knife in Obama's side (inexperience) was removed the day he announced Palin as his running mate. I like McCain and I hope he stays in the senate for a long time. But I don't like him enough to forgive the last 8 years, and trust his party with 4 more.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    McCain's #1 knife in Obama's side (inexperience) was removed the day he announced Palin as his running mate. I like McCain and I hope he stays in the senate for a long time. But I don't like him enough to forgive the last 8 years, and trust his party with 4 more.

Ditto!
  • killingpeople
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    I think im gonna cry :(
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha

You can see him in his head yelling "just fucking say yes or no! Thats all i'm asking for, why wont you just say yes or no!?"

she is up there with

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/ame]
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    HAHA tgz, thats exactly what I thought of when I saw her interview.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Meh. We Americans don't need passports. We just hop in our F-16s and tanks and roll right over the border. I mean, what the fuck are you foreigners going to do about that? No, our Abrams tanks do not need to be stamped by your border agent, thank you.

Seriously, I wasn't a huge McCain fan but I at least considered the man somewhat respectable. I now seriously question any of his judgement after choosing this air headed zealot as a running mate.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    mccain will be elected and die so palin will be president and the us will go down

well it was a lot of fun with you guys but i guess thats it :D
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    so like... bad guys are bad? and um... good guys are... good? thanks for clearing that up!
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    mccain will be elected and die so palin will be president and the us will go down

well it was a lot of fun with you guys but i guess thats it :D

You're right, because as history has shown, every time a country has a bad leader for 4-8 years it immediately collapses.

ah, i'm posting way too much sarcasm today, what i'm getting at is look at any old monarchy. Awful leadership for as long as 40 years somtimes, and they whethered just fine. Also keep in mind that we aren't governed totally -- or even mostly -- by the president alone. If america falls as a power it will be because of changes in times, military failure, or economic failure -- not one or two president's blunders.

Seriously, way too much end of the world talk over one dumb woman. What has bush really done to harm anything, on his own? Sped the decline of the economy very slightly, and half bungled half innovated on the iraq war? I can't imagine a politically hamstrung palin surrounded by mccain's cabinet would do even that much damage.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18

in foreign matters.

Fair enough, but I still stand by the point made that the mere thought that Sarah Palin could become our nation's president sounds like a scenario out of a bad Disney movie and is, at best, frightening.
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    I gotta hand it to the rulers of this country, Palin was, actually, a pretty wise choice. For them, that is. Why? Not because she is a qualified candidate, but because she is so unqualified.

It is important for the ruling elites of this nation that the citizens of this country are ignorant, distracted, overwhelmed, and clueless. And this is a perfect distraction. That way, instead of talking about important topics that really matter, like the gutting of the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights, (Patriot Acts 1 & 2, Military Commissions Act, John Warner Defense Act, NSPD 51, Protect America Act, etc.), domestic deployments of the United States Military (http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/), the fact that the mortgage collapse was basically intentional (http://www.gregpalast.com/elliot-spitzer-gets-nailed - interesting to learn the real motives behind the take down of NY Mayor Spitzer, huh?"), the fact our leader is a war criminal and a traitor, and there's nothing we can do about it, the occupation of the Middle East, (as well as most other nations on this planet in some form or another), and the fact we are probably gonna get screwed by this impending bailout., were concerning ourselves with this joke of a candidate; the differences between a hockey mom and a soccer mom, what kind of animal wears what kind of lipstick, and who said it first, etc.

A truly sad state of affairs indeed........
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    NWO
    Get ready!!
    B
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    From the email hacking thread:

Awaiting your comments Jonathan.

We're trying. See above.

Would you rather Mrs. Palin act pedantic and constantly not answer questions like Mr. Obama? What has he done, what makes him qualified to be President?

I like neither option for President, but I'd much rather have McCain in office than just-as-inexperienced-as-Palin Barack Hussein Obama.
    What has Obama accomplished? Speechless!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyk0fjtdHdI&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gexyfVpFMU&feature=related[/ame]
    Further shows his inexperience, something he admitted in 2004 would prevent him from running for President in 2008, until his political friends convinced him otherwise.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdkiWxXv5Ng&feature=related[/ame]