Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Titor_insignia.jpg

This is the only flag I fly.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    SupRore wrote: »
    Tom clancy had nothing to do with the plot of Ghost Recon, it was one of RSE's writers.

Basically, i'm a lot more worried about what geezus might know.

muaha >:]

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZmM3MzAyODkyMWFhOTQ1YjljNzM5ZTRhMTRmNDNlZjI

\m/ RSE.
  • Oleg Linkov
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Oleg, keep in mind that's an opinion column, not actual news.

Not to say the news has been impartial, but that definitely isn't either.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    military analysis on the conflict:

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/article/600/42/369809.htm

talks about the inferiority of the russian equipment, and the tactical blunders committed by georgia.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    here's the next powder-keg waiting to happend:

Ruslangsup.PNG

ukraine is split between a pro-western, and pro-russian side.
    with russia pulling strings behind the scenes, the country could be split in half.

this also becomes easier to do, as the population is on a steady decline:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Population_of_Ukraine.svg

sooner or later the population decrease is going to affect the economy in such a way that the whole country goes down the drain.
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    The Russian southern fleet is located in Sevastopol, Ukraine, and they use the port under lease agreements. Since this conflict began, the Ukrainian president has decided that all Russian navy ships coming and going must check in. The Russians basically said screw you. If the Ukraines take the next step and say, "then get out", or if the Ukraine joins NATO, as is their plan, then I look for you to be correct dejawolf.
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL titor
    ...last i heard was pushing his delorean back from 1970
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well. most of the ukraine ppl come here to portugal to work. almost all of them have degree. doctors, teachers and so on. but they come here to work on construction sites cause the money they make is 100%times higher then what they have in ukraine. so. yeah. i hope that ukraine gets their feet ack together, be it with russia or not. i hate to see ppl emigrate to other countries and leave their loved ones behind, when its a decision they cant control.
  • Oleg Linkov
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Here is something intresting from fox news

American Citizens Caught in Georgia During the Attack Speak The Truth. Watch the Reaction of FOX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONICYAHcTcc&eurl=http://video.feber.se/

Il learn how to link utube video later...
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Haha. fucking ownage.

Every time I've stumbled across fox news over here its made me feel a little sick. I don't know if you guys realize it in america, but its seems to be hands down the most slanted 'journalism' I've ever come across. hands fucking down.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    The best is Bill O'Reilly's "No Spin" zone.... that's classic bullshit.

Fox News is propeganda scum at it's best.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel wrote: »
    Haha. fucking ownage.

Every time I've stumbled across fox news over here its made me feel a little sick. I don't know if you guys realize it in america, but its seems to be hands down the most slanted 'journalism' I've ever come across. hands fucking down.

Yeah, we all do and have known this for quite some time. Fox has a heavy conservative bias here.
  • SkyGround
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkyGround polycounter lvl 11
    Whata hell are you doing? You talk about Russia, Georgia, Ukraina, US. You talked bad/good about contry - but this isnt right. Not peoples of this countries do all this. Our goverments do this. Georgia's president - is damn bastard, maybe some one else is. I live in Russia - and i have a good friend that was in Osetia conflict - he's 19, was in army and he almost lost his eyes when hi was under fire of Georgia's "Grad". 2000 civilians dies under it, and all of it was transported from Urkaine, there was urkain drivers in some tanks - so what is going on ?
    And maybe our countriess not right - but this is our contries. We must served its interests, but we must thinkd about it twice - are this interest is good for nation ? Or its good for politicians or someone else
  • dejawolf
  • Oleg Linkov
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    yea, she says its not aimed at anyone in particular. haha. someone punch that ugly bitch in the face.
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    So Russia is no Bully, but if someone were to install a protective missile system hey it's ok to threaten them right?

"They will just go down in a blink."

Wow. Pretty bold statement. Don't think that really supports your case very well, usually the kindhearted loving countries try to avoid making death threats on smaller nations only interested in defense...It's not like these are nuclear armed offensive missiles, they offer no threat to the people of Russia, just because they might neutralize a threat that could come from many countries INCLUDING Russia does not make it an offensive act...

If Russia is so keen to give the US a big lovey hug they why did they reject offers to be a part of this European missile defense system? I dont think the use of a "pretty big radar" in unreliable control is really the same quality of offer as agreeing upon a system that is state of the art and NATO operated...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag wrote: »
    It's not like these are nuclear armed offensive missiles, they offer no threat to the people of Russia, just because they might neutralize a threat that could come from many countries INCLUDING Russia does not make it an offensive act...

Actually, the whole balance of power that keeps everyone out of a world war requires that russia be able to freely fire missles.

If we could effectively neutralize anything coming out of their borders, MAD would go out the window and we could pressure them into anything we want. Or just nuke them into oblivion, whichever.

Not to say that's the plan or anything, just 'missle defense system' isn't as innocuous of a concept as it sounds at first, once you realize the ramifications of such a thing.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    You may recall the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis when the USSR was installing missiles on Cuba. That was a direct retalition to the USA installing missiles in Turkey.

Now missiles are being installed in Poland?
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    MAD is not taken out of balance because the US would not suddenly become the only country with nuclear capabilities. Besides that, the practice of trusting in a mutually assured destruction to assure no action is a fairly unreliable method of securing peace. Politically unstable countries like North Korea and Iran, or country-independent radical groups can easily violate the "security" of putting faith into the MAD theory by caring more about destroying their enemies than being destroyed themselves. Personally I would rather feel safe through a system of physical defenses rather than philosophical hopes.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag wrote: »
    Personally I would rather feel safe through a system of physical defenses rather than philosophical hopes.

Again, that only works if everyone has the defenses. The moment one superpower doesn't the chance of the others using their weapons increases exponentially.

Either way, installing them on your border is a direct threat. It's no wonder we're doing this now, considering the political trouble russia is in over georgia, and it's also no wonder they're resisting it.

And MAD has worded solidly for 70 years, it's actually a pretty stable system.

Rick, yeah, exactly. Slightly different in the technicalities (defense system naturally is a different piece of the puzzle when it comes to nuclear war) but putting something like this is the exact same issue that came up in 1962.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    supRore, your idea is right, there is just one problem...
    Russia has unbelievable many nuclear rockets, America is just installing a few anti rocket missiles (that aren't even reliable), that would maybe be enough to stop one or two missiles from Iran or other small countries, but not Russia...
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    ... Rice is either crazy paranoid bitch, or just terrible liar of all. Russia already offered to US common usage of pretty big radar in Azerbaijan, which is far more than capable of detecting any missile launch from Iran territory.

the sick part of all this, is that this anti-missile shield won't do any good to Poland. They will just go down in a blink if something happens. Whats amazing, is that they afraid Russia going all bossy on them (and as far as I'm concerned, it might never happen, we're not Soviet Union anymore), but then, willingly allowing US to do the same thing. Is it really about PR?

just pathetic really.

Oleg - stay objective , Antimissile in Poland is not dangerous , I don't see anything anormal - (if that machine stay defensive). Nobody says that is against Russia ,.... whatever this can be also
    the result of the russian politic of the last 10 years. Unfortunately this country never knew the Real Democracy.
    /tsar Nicholas II/Stalin/etc .../Putin/Medvedev.So the system is not reliable (sure).
    I'm 42 years old and I was born in Czech republic.
    1945 Czech rep. has found a "freedom" thanks to Red Army .....;but it was a another trap , another bomb for Czech people.
    And then August 21.1968 - Today it's exactly 40 years that the big hope , the big dream was destroyed by Russia .... my mother was slaped in her face by Russian soldiers.
    Don't worry She's fine and She likes always the beer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring

About Georgia - everybody knows that Georgia wants to go into North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), everybody knows that this country
    is very important for a transport of the petrol from Azerbainjan - Caspian sea to the Black sea. Well , the rest is just pretext.

I just wish that Russia will taste the real democracy one day.

LETS DRINK FOR A BETTER TIME -

pilsner-urquell.jpg
  • Oleg Linkov
  • Nevinvex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol, you think Iran doesn't have the guts to launch a nuke ? Remember, some arabs gave their lives willingly in terrorist attacks, as far as they're concerned, they're gonna go into heaven or w/e, death is not a big issue for them. Oh but the whole of Iran doesn't have to agree, just one person can make the decision for them...
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

And I just wish that the whole world, especially America, would stop their attempts to bring this 'real' democracy to us. What it is wrong with you people? Why do you think we need that 'real democracy'?

I CAN

- work anywhere I want
    - earn how much I want
    - live anywhere I want
    - go anywhere I want, any time.

that is, assuming I'll put enough effort into it. and thats fine by me.

YOU CAN'T vote the person you want to vote :)
    Therefore no democracy \o/

let's start a flamewar :D
  • Oleg Linkov
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm actually pretty interested in politics ..

..and find the aggressiveness of your answer pretty funny :)

I'm working at the moment so I'm not able to give you a huge, almighty ;) answer. Nevertheless here are some quotes:

In short:
    The opposition doesn't get the same air time in the public media and isn't allowed to have demonstrations. Also some politicians aren't allowed to candidate :)

I'm not saying, that it's a dictation, but it's really hard for the opposition to get noticed.
    ---> unfair voting

Since Vladimir Putin became President of Russia there has been increasing international criticism of the conduct of Russian elections. European institutions who observed the December 2007 legislative elections concluded that these were not fair elections. Goran Lennmarker, president of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), said that the elections "failed to meet many of the commitments and standards that we have. It was not a fair election."[1] Luc van den Brande, who headed a delegation from the Council of Europe, referred to the "overwhelming influence of the president's office and the president on the campaign" and said there was "abuse of administrative resources" designed to influence the outcome. He also said there were "flaws in the secrecy of the vote." "Effectively, we can't say these were fair elections," he said at a news conference.[2]

In February 2008 The human rights organisation Amnesty International said that the presidential election on 2 March would not be a genuine election: "There is no real opposition ahead of the election. There is no real electoral campaign battle," Friederike Behr, Amnesty's Russia researcher, was quoted as saying. In a report on the elections, Amnesty said laws restricting non-government organizations, police breaking up demonstrations, and harassment from critics were all part of "a systematic destruction of civil liberties in Russia."[3] Another human rights organisation, Freedom House, said that the victory of Putin's party in the 2007 elections "was achieved under patently unfair and non-competitive conditions calling into doubt the result’s legitimacy."[4]

The Russian government has acted to prevent international observers monitoring Russian elections. In 2007 the OSCE was prevented from monitoring the legislative elections held in December.[5] In February 2008 the European Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights announced that it would not send observers to monitor the presidential election on March 2, citing what it called "severe restrictions" imposed on its work by the Russian government. “We made every effort in good faith to deploy our mission, even under the conditions imposed by the Russian authorities,” said Christian Strohal, the organization’s director. “The Russian Federation has created limitations that are not conducive to undertaking election observation.” [6] The OSCE has also withdrawn its attempts to monitor the elections.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nevinvex wrote: »
    Lol, you think Iran doesn't have the guts to launch a nuke ? Remember, some arabs gave their lives willingly in terrorist attacks, as far as they're concerned, they're gonna go into heaven or w/e, death is not a big issue for them. Oh but the whole of Iran doesn't have to agree, just one person can make the decision for them...

Now that you mention it, you're right. Arabs are crazy, and the leaders of iran are arab, we're all going to die.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    something wrong with that....

Fixed it!

"Now that you mention it, you're right. Humans are crazy, and the leaders of iran are Human, we're all going to die."

Much better.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18

And I just wish that the whole world, especially America, would stop their attempts to bring this 'real' democracy to us. What it is wrong with you people? Why do you think we need that 'real democracy'?

I CAN

- work anywhere I want
    - earn how much I want
    - live anywhere I want
    - go anywhere I want, any time.

that is, assuming I'll put enough effort into it. and thats fine by me.

I SEE THAT YOU MIX UP (confuse) THE TERM LIBERTY AND TERM DEMOCRACY !

In any case - I've not been talking about American's Democracy ;
    I think there's few others models of democracy in the world which You can choose - Constitutional democracy,Direct Democracy ...Totalitarian democracy .etc.
    It's up to You where You put Your country.
    Here's the last piece of evidence of Rusian democracy - Anna Politkovskaya -
    well known for her opposition to the Chechen conflict and Russian President Putin.

killed 7.october 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Politkovska%C3%AFa

225px-Anna_Politkovskaya_byZelenskaya.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    something wrong with that....

Fixed it!

"Now that you mention it, you're right. Humans are crazy, and the leaders of iran are Human, we're all going to die."

Much better.

Well, that would have been devoid of biting sarcasm. :poly124:
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    "...no men, no problem."
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    SupRore wrote: »
    Well, that would have been devoid of biting sarcasm. :poly124:

That, and there's the fact that most Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians :)
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vermilion wrote: »
    That, and there's the fact that most Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians :)

Well, if you want to be pedantic, there's also the fact that 'them crazy arabs( and persians)' have always demonstrated that their military and political policy is never to go further than is necessary to protect their sovereignty. Nuking another country invites a war into their borders and directly opposes their long-term strategy. They may want nukes as a deterrant, but never for offensive use.

i was thinking just the sarcasm was enough, i didn't thinnk he would listen even if it was explained to him.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Here is something intresting from fox news

American Citizens Caught in Georgia During the Attack Speak The Truth. Watch the Reaction of FOX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONICYAHcTcc&eurl=http://video.feber.se/

Il learn how to link utube video later...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONICYAHcTcc[/ame]

this is classic censorship from FOX news, well worth watching. "don't say russiz is good, oh no, get them off the air". They just want the news to go the way they want it to go. BBC seems to be doing the same thing, except they are incrediously aggrivating all three sides by polar bias journalism (like with Obama)

duck and cover people
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gah, you people running your mouths about democracy, I wonder how much you really know about the origins of it. The many forms of it, the failings of it.

I firmly believe democracy or democratic republics are the best forms of government. But that doesn't mean you can give it to everyone. Despite our great freedoms, 99% of the people will probably do nothing that actually requires democracy, beyond voting once every 2 years or so. Why then all this bluster about democracy? DizzyWalnut, it isn't Oleg that is confused about democracy and liberty. When you blindly follow the ideal of democracy, you aren't any more guarenteed a better government than any other form... it is pursuing the ideals of liberty (and equality) that will lead you to the best form of government. And if Oleg and Russians say they have liberty and equality enough, good luck yelling at him otherwise! Good luck invading any country that thinks that way and telling them otherwise! Democracy isn't a secret ingredient that yields stability and prosperity, far from it- there have been countless failings of democracy, when the pillars were not in place. You're not going to convince Oleg or any Russian otherwise over an internet forum, and in the case of Russia and other non-democratic but first-world countries, on any forum. Because they are content with what they have, like all humans they are tied to tradition, and stubborn.

Sorry that is besides the point of Russia and Georgia conflict, but I constantly see people spouting this Political Science, Wikipedia bullshit about democracy. They are constantly talking about it without having a broad view of it, numerous college professors included.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    We can do nothing with this, guys. So let's try to save our friendship and don't be desinformated, ok? Peace.
  • AstroZombie
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    None of us truly know what is happening, theres talk about a new cold war, but thats the media pandering to someone/persons/governments.
  • SkyGround
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkyGround polycounter lvl 11
    YOU CAN'T vote the person you want to vote :)
    Therefore no democracy o/

let's start a flamewar :D

Are you sure?
    We saw your elections... or what is was... IT IS NOT ELECTION - THIS IS SHOW.
    Democrasy is the most bad thing for nation.
    "Real" democrasy - is whe you can choose from ONE variant.
    Look in history - nations grew only when had not democracy

We do not need this shit, we do not need Anti-missle system of NATO, we do not need NATOS's bases in our country - we can protect our lands by ourselfs, even near our country, cuz we all know this can bring conflict.

P.S. For What all this shit is? I think we must start "counting" polys :) rather then discus all this politic things.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Western media mislead public

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcO8OBVCdCM[/ame]

This I was expecting, however not that this coverage would air in the US...
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Western media mislead public

Oh come on, you actually take this guy's words at face value? He's comparing this to Pearl Harbor of all things, and then tacks on a little American-Israeli conspiracy for good measure. That's just ridiculous.

I will say one thing about the American media: they're not looking to cover up anything the government does. They love the scandal. It's what sells newspapers and puts people in front of televisions. Pick a decade and you can find a major presidential scandal covered in the media: Nixon's Watergate in the 70s, Reagan's Iran-Contra in the 80s, Clinton's impeachment in the 90s, and Bush's Iraq war this decade.

If the US government was somehow responsible for this situation, especially in an effort to sway election politics, the media will be all over it as soon as they can get a reliable source on the air.

Beyond that, I have a really hard time believing the inept Bush administration could pull this off. Iraq was an *easy* sell, and they still screwed it up - if they were masters of conspiracy, they'd have buried a few WMDs in the desert, dug them back up in front of the television cameras, and everyone would be sold. After screwing the pooch so badly that he's already considered by many the worst US president ever, Bush is now the puppetmaster responsible for starting the Russo-Georgian conflict? Seriously?

If Vladimir Putin was a really swell guy with no history of doing anything questionable, maybe I buy into it a bit. But if my choices are Putin and Bush, and you ask me who the brains behind this...
  • kio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kio polycounter lvl 16
    SkyGround wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    We saw your elections... or what is was... IT IS NOT ELECTION - THIS IS SHOW.

just a small hint - katzeimsack isnt even american ;)

im always a little amused by so much nonsense...
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    (deut)SCHLAND!