Home General Discussion

Warhammer MMO Beta Sign Up.

Replies

• jaalto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaalto polycounter lvl 13
    Hmm...

Does anyone in WAR team know about European beta invites? sent already?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Still nothing here either... so sad. I am jonesing!

Justin_Meisse: Pull some strings buddy? wink.gifwink.gif

I'm kidding!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    haven't gotten mine yet frown.gif

sinistergfx: you used to work at mythic, it was a no brainer you'd get one wink.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    so uh, any updates on this? I'm getting excited again to play, I had pre ordered the collectors edition, but then I got a job, and had to cancel it when I moved, so now i'm screwed and can't get a copy of the CE anymore :(

has anyone actually gotten emailed back from signing up on the website? if so, how do they like it? I'm looking to get into it with a couple co workers, we're looking for an mmo to play and this looks rather sweet.

I also know there's a bunch of mythic guys that are around here as well - any of you able to give out a few beta keys? please? :)

anyway, this is now a REVIVED thread since there's pretty much a date and we are drawing nearer.

yay!
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    All I can say is that there is a beta and I am in it. good ol' NDA. I preordered 3 copies of the CE:) A lot of peeps cancelled based on the latest info about the cut classes and missing cities at launch. I guess I'll have 2 xtra's to sell when those fools realize that they reacted a bit too prematurely. It seems gamestop is listing release as Sept 16th with servers going live on the 18th. I know it's info from GS so ya gotta take it with a grain of salt but it's nice to see something close to a release date.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I've got my Collector's Edition preordered... hopefully they e-mail me when I can play :P
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    all my keys are gone now.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Got my invite!

Unfortunately it's taking forever to download.. 5kb/sec, maybe I'll be able to play WHEN IT OFFICIALLY RELEASES :(:(:(
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I've got a super-slow torrent download going now... what the hell they can't have a real server with decent download speeds for us slobs that paid $80 months ago? :P I'm finally getting something like 150k, but earlier it was hanging around 50k :/
  • Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got the collectors few months ago and have closed beta now... and am in slow torrent mode also. (37%)
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got everything working finally and... apparently the beta servers are down until sometime this week :/
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    put them bitches up!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I got mine ordered up...
    Now to wait, eh
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    I got an invite to closed apparently, but they didn't email me. Just found it when i went to the beta page yesterday. who knows how long it's been sitting there.

I'm stuck in super slow downloadville too. and I have to pause it at night so my roommates' internet doesn't crap out. I was at 25% when I left for work today. hopefully pushing 50% when i get home.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I'm not sure what I expected... I really like the artwork, but when I finally got in-game it was incredibly slow, and even when I set everything to the lowest settings it was running slow. I'm hoping it's from the surge of Beta players? It was barely playable for me (and I'm on a decent machine), and I was pretty underwhelmed with pretty much everything. I'll try it again I guess, but I'm a little bummed :/
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Mine is running good and I'm enjoying it so far, there still seems to be a bunch of hiccups with the game itself but I guess that is expected at the birth of any MMO. I just wish my friend had gotten in as well so we could party up.. would be a hell of a lot more fun like that, he pre ordered the CE too but didn't get in :\ but so far so good.
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    So I have my beta now. The game's not bad. I have the CE pre-ordered, but now i'm 2nd guessing whether I have the time to commit to a new MMO (I've been through end game in WoW and high end area).
    Anyone have an opinion whether I should keep the CE preorder and try to sell it after release on ebay or just cancel?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    MattW wrote: »
    Anyone have an opinion whether I should keep the CE preorder and try to sell it after release on ebay or just cancel?

if you can't decide, i'll buy it from you. I'm still rather ticked that i had to cancel mine and didn't get a chance to pre order it once I moved. I'd pay price + shipping. of course, I'd want the keys day one :)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    MattW: Ok, maybe I'm biased but I say keep it you can get alot of fun through scenarios and PQ's which you can play in quick bursts.

I'm playing the beta right now, for fun, I've been doing playtests and playing off and on during the various betas for over a year now. Most MMO's only hold my attention for 2-3 months top (except UO which I played for a year when that came out).

And seriously, keep the pre-order for all the cool swag.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yah I know I can't say much due to NDA but after figuring out a bunch of stuff (I must have missed the tutorial?) there's a hell of a lot of awesome features that will keep you without a lot of downtime, since you always know what to do and what's going on. PQ's are freaking awesome too.
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    Hmm maybe I'll have to really give it a much harder look. Like I said, I'm in the beta, maybe I just have to get into some pvp and see how I enjoy that. That is my main focus.

I just think I'm 2nd guessing whether I want to get into something new like this with all my time /played in WoW. I'm not too good at staying causal, I have 3 gladiator titles under my belt and quite a bit of end game raiding.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    NDA, folks.

If you've got comments and questions, try the beta forums. Don't worry, the NDA will be lifted before long and then you can rant/rave as much as you like :)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, I was gonna mention the NDA but I didn't want to be a mean poo-poo head
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    Sorry if I said too much, I figured as long as we don't say what it is we like/don't like we were ok.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was gonna say I'm glad I got the CE just because of all the cool stuff it comes with. I'm looking forward to the art book :D

I don't think I have access to the beta forums, I'm pretty sure the pre-order members don't get to go in there. I'll keep my mouth closed for now, though :)
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah I don't have access because my invite email never made it to me. I found my invite on the betacenter site one day when updating my address.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like the hype level to work up to a frenzy, c'mon people, I wanna see frothing at the mouth!

From the War Herald:
    "WAR is Coming!

And so we must be ready...

Tomorrow the Mythic Account Center will begin accepting all Open Beta and Head Start Keys allowing all Pre-Order customers to register their accounts and prepare for the weeks ahead.

We'll provide instructions and let you know when it's open tomorrow, but we wanted to announce tonight that up to the first 50 thousand Standard Edition Open-Beta keys registered will be invited to the upcoming Preview Weekend in addition to all of our registered Collectors Edition Pre-Order customers!

While we haven't announced any dates yet be rest assured that the next few weeks are going to be action packed and this is your only way to get into the preview weekend if you missed out on the Collector's Edition.

Stay tuned tomorrow!"
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I am downloading the beta now, but why do they have me download it through Bittorent? There's 950 seeds, and 6000 leechers. It will take me a few days just to download the client!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'll wait until Monday then to start my download. Shame the Pre-order box didn't come with a installer DVD
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You lucky lucky Europicans (you've got a reason to watch MTV now)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHs0JA11RaI[/ame]
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NDA is gone people! Feel free to say whatever you like now.

We are continuing to polish and improve the game in the final few weeks (and will continue to post launch), so take any comments you hear and add 10% coolness :)

The Blur Movie should be public very soon as well. There's a shaky cam cut down version out there, but you art type people should appreciate the final cut. I want to publicly give kudos to Blur for a job well done. These guys really upped the ante over the first flick they did for us and produced an awesome cinematic.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heck yeah, I'm playing on the Tyrion server
    Smellypants the Zealot and Karsh the Chosen, pretty much all RvR for me
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Im downloading the the 10 gig preload :/
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Played again some tonight, and I had less lag issues. I tried doing RvR I think, like I joined the queue, but after waiting a few minutes and nothing happening I decided to try one of the white lion elves. I might have just missed something, though.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    game is pretty awesome, public quests rule. I'm on Tyrion, main is Ayrl a 9 White Lion I saw a shaky cam vid of the game with the supposivly 'final grapihcs/lighting' and it looked very impressive, however it was like 128x128 gif. I can't wait to see it implemented in the full game
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PQ's are great, scenarios rock. I thought combat was a bit sluggish a few months ago but it seems to be resolved now. Fave classes so far have been IB, WH, WP, BW, and SW. soooo, I can see myself having many an alt. oh, and I am aware that the game is based around RVR, but I feel the PVE dungeons could use some work. I remember being hyped to run the Altdorf sewers due to them being inhabited by Skaven, but the run was pretty boring overall. The loot tables were screwed(which can be resolved easily). Overall, I'm glad to have preordered the CE and will be playing this for some time to come. I just want Karaz a Karak back! Mythic devs now have their names entered in the book of grudges for the cut!!! lol good work to all those on PC who are in on it.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    started downloading the 10GB pre-load. This morning it got to 2.6gb :( this may take all week.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Where are you all getting the pre-load from?
  • bounchfx
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I have to say, WAR is one of the buggiest MMOs I've ever played. I have constant issues with crashing, glitches, mouse clicks not registering, freezing for 5-10 seconds at a time, etc. That being said, I love the gameplay. I doubt I'll pick it up when it launches though, because they have a LOT to iron out in the next month.
  • cholden
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried out a Witch Hunter last night and was enjoying that quite a bit, and when I happened across a public quest it was pretty exciting. Unfortunately, me and about 3 or 4 other people were there mopping up some marauders and doing fine, and then all the sudden I guess the "finale" of the public quest was to have some Champions come out of nowhere and attack this guy we had to defend all the sudden. I didn't even know where this guy was at first, and we went from fighting these peons to enemies that could kill me in just a few hits. The character we were supposed to be defending got killed anticlimactically and I guess that was the end of the public quest?

Anyway, I want to try it out more, just trying to put up my two cents. That's the only public quest I've found so far, but I think it could've been a little clearer what was going on.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ I've found with PQ's that if you back off a bit as soon as you finish the first or second part of it and wait for your new objective to pop on screen it helps a ton. That way you are out of aggro range etc... I would totally run out of the PQ area. You did say you had to protect someone so I'm not sure this method would work for those type of PQ's :/ Of course I was solo during quite a few PQ's so I'd just let the first obj reset so I could grind inf. I will be playing at launch and will be keeping my WoW account atm for raiding etc... but my PVP fix will come from WAR. It's so nice running around and seeing the places I've read about so often from playing TT come to life.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Cholden, the end of that movie is awesome.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Fuck me. That cinematic is incredible!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where are you all getting the pre-load from?

I pre-ordered the CE back in July and got an email yesterday saying that I could start the pre-load. I think if you go get the pre-order now for the normal version you still get access to the beta.

I was going to install it at work, so you can and others can check it out.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    This weekend is like a preview weekend I believe where all the pre-order people can play. I think after that though, it's beta testers only again until the next preview weekend.
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    bounchfx wrote: »
    game is pretty awesome, public quests rule. I'm on Tyrion, main is Ayrl a 9 White Lion I saw a shaky cam vid of the game with the supposivly 'final grapihcs/lighting' and it looked very impressive, however it was like 128x128 gif. I can't wait to see it implemented in the full game

So what i'm playing now isn't the final look? I hate to criticize, but I did feel like it felt a bit flat. Just kinda dark and monochromatic Things weren't popping for me.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe what's in Beta now is pretty much the final look. We didn't get the light bakes and the skies in until very recently (big improvement over the previous look), but that should be the bulk of it. There are still lots of tweaks in the works, from UI to performance, stability, on and on, we're working on pretty much anything that won't significantly impact the day one patch size. And of course, we'll be working on the game for a long time after that, trying to improve it and make it the best it can be.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know I sound like I've been bitching a lot, but its a nice game, and especially I applaud all of the artists involved, it's one of the only MMOs that I like the look of the characters. Of course the enviros are awesome, too!