Home General Discussion

Warhammer MMO Beta Sign Up.

Replies

• dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    Man i want to try this out so badly. the cinematic was so cool and i really dig the goblin squig thing where he starts bashing his pet to get it bigger.

does pre-ordering the game give you access to closed beta?
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    dom wrote: »
    does pre-ordering the game give you access to closed beta?

CE did, if you pre the SE you MAY get in. Won't be long til OB though from what I've read and you are guaranteed a spot in that. I also think pre orders get into preview weekend this weekend. Unless you have a fat connection you prob wouldn't be finished dl the client before then. The torrent is mad slow and I've read nothing but horror stories about the fileplanet stuff.
  • MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    doc_rob wrote: »
    I believe what's in Beta now is pretty much the final look. We didn't get the light bakes and the skies in until very recently (big improvement over the previous look), but that should be the bulk of it. There are still lots of tweaks in the works, from UI to performance, stability, on and on, we're working on pretty much anything that won't significantly impact the day one patch size. And of course, we'll be working on the game for a long time after that, trying to improve it and make it the best it can be.

By very recently do you mean within the last week? I haven't been able to jump back in beta since I'd say the 13th. I just felt like my eye got lost at times in big RvR fights.

As a high end PvP'er coming from WoW I gotta say I love the features implemented in terms of RvR. It's so refreshing to not be pigeon holed into a style of game play I don't enjoy simply to stay competative.
  • eggnog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just wanted to give kudos to the Mythic team. The art in this game is really incredible. I walked around the Inevitable city a couple days ago and it has such a cool look and feel to it. The textures and models are all outstanding. The amount of work this game must have taken is crazy. I would have to agree that stronger lighting would make it pop a little bit more. I have been in 7 different zones and all I see is nighttime, nighttime, nighttime.

Will bloom be going in the final game? I have seen screen shots with it but it doesn't look like its in beta.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Enough talking about it! My "regular" pre-order didn't get me into the beta. LET ME IN!!!!! I know someone still has a friends/family key laying around! GIMME!

ahem. incredibly awesome cinematic.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    9.35GB downloaded in 12 hours. OMG. Thought it would take forever
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I was signed up for the open weekend in September and just got the email I can play all weekend this weekend yeeeeeah
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    I heard the EU beta sucks compared to the US beta! can anyone confirm this?

The EU is way behind in updates, servers crashes all the time for long periods. graphics are ugly here the gameplay is better in the US. I heard this from friends but I think its really bad if its true...

please anyone who knows for sure confirm!

I saw some screenshots that showed the difference but it could be some stupid prank, so post some screens if you are in the US and il compare those to here... from what i can see from my buddie who is in europe beta there are clipping issues, poor animations... do you guys have that?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    The EU is way behind in updates, servers crashes all the time for long periods. graphics are ugly

Sounds kind of like the US version :P
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    environment artwork looks awesome! On par with Guild Wars in that stylized look. I'm ignoring the quests and just walking around. Servers are really laggy for me, hope it gets better :(
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    I saw supposible screenshots from the US and they were looking beautiful... But here in europe the engine looks like it is a older version in comparison.

What i heard is that the company here in Europa GOA or something that has the servers here (strange) just dont have access to Mythics latest stuff or something...

If this stuff its true its high level stupidity going on... like whats the point beta testing a old version? to find bugs people found in the US before?? scarying people away in the EU? It did to a friend until i told him about this...

I would like to play it just to walk around and read up on the great warhammer lore, altough I think I would have a blast PVP, PVE and the whole mmo thing :P

Does anyone know more?
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I don't really know much about how/when the data we send up to beta makes its way to GOA for theirs. I know we had to get stuff for their gold master some time before ours. In the end the only real difference will be the size of their day one patch. Then, I'd imagine they would be on equal footing.

I was playing beta again from home this morning and I was surprised at how much more stable//smooth it ran compared to the internal build we normally work on.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    It's also according to when you looked at the info, it seems they turned on the lighting system a few weeks ago and the look of the game changed 100% awesomer
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    There was a patch today on the art files, and it looks MUCH better to me now. I played a lot today with a new character (bright wizard) and I loved it. There were like 5 PQs in the matter of one tiny area.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Sooooooo, my key allowed me to download the client, create a master account, and apply the key. It's all downloaded, but now the updater won't take my login/pass? eerrggg. I know it's open beta weekend, got to see a buddy playing it. I wanna feel the love!

[edit]
    Bah, just did some forum checking. Didn't realize the preview weekend was invite only. Heart hath sunketh.
    [/edit]