Home General Discussion

The Dark Knight

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jesus! so many black covered text lol. tank good for the spoiler tags or else the film would be ruined for me. plan on seeing him this friday. since it comes out in portugal this thursday
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    bitmap wrote: »
    jesus! so many black covered text lol. tank good for the spoiler tags or else the film would be ruined for me. plan on seeing him this friday. since it comes out in portugal this thursday

Why would you click on a thread about a movie you don't want to be spoiled for you?
    Spoiler tags or no... it's just common sense to not click on thread links that could potentially spoil things for you.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    you want to know how good it is and its not out yet so you can't see it?
  • Pedro Amorim
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    aesir wrote: »
    apparently aaron echheart (two face) is signed up for the third movie.

Links?
  • Slum
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    snemmy wrote: »
    They had a memorial for Harvey Dent, FOR THE PUBLIC. They didn't actually say he died. Only the Gordons and Batman know what really happened. Batman survived the fall, and the Italian guy was dropped from much higher onto pavement... so I believe he lives.

The whole mob setup was to give credibility to Dent and to show just how dedicated and 'white knight' he was. It was to set him up for his fall from grace into hell. I LOVED that they started as one thing and ended up another. AND that it took a long time to get through. Few films do this any more. They sacrifice character development for action/romance/time. We usually end up getting 'Hi I'm Harvey Dent. I'm a DA. OH GOD MY FACE! Call me Two-Face now.' This time we got to *believe in Harvey Dent* and watch this man go from his highest to his lowest of lows.

Bullet forensics: he fired several types of bullets into the same stone type to determine how the stone affected disentigration of the round. From that he was able to enter the data into his computer to reconstruct the crime scene bullet. Well, that's my take on it.

More black text hah, has everyone seen this yet or what?!
    Good point about the memorial only, although it sure looked like he was dead on the ground outside that building. Didn't one of them do a pulse check?

It was nice to have good writing and acting with the Dent plot line but the character is so classic I spent the entire movie looking for "hints" and movie techniques to show Dents Two-Face side. For example some scenes where light and shadows could be seen on his face they were generally always on one side or the other. Besides the obvious flipping of the coin. Everyone pretty much knows who Dent is so it was no mystery revealing that throughout the film.[/spoiler] My point about the mob is basically that they spent so much time talking about politics in the two movies that anything without the politics of Gotham will probably seem out of place in future movies. To just introduce the Riddler as a villain with no political tie-in is like adding any other villain on the list.

I was thinking it might be possible to do a Harley Quinn character as someone who loved the Joker. Loved being past tense because you could play off a Joker death to not have to include or replace Heath. It's a stretch.
    The only point I had about the bullets was that it was pretty much unnecessary. Leave CSI to Bruckheimer. Besides, Batman could save some weight on his belt without having to carry around that little concrete drill he used to cut out the bullet!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    nitzmoff wrote: »
    Links?

i already said this, but that turned out to be false. Internet rumour.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    The only point I had about the bullets was that it was pretty much unnecessary. Leave CSI to Bruckheimer. Besides, Batman could save some weight on his belt without having to carry around that little concrete drill he used to cut out the bullet!

That's actually a part of the film that I really enjoyed. It's nice to see batman do some actual detective work (that's always been a big part of the comics) rather than just showing up and punching bad guys in the face. The science was definitely a little questionable, but it helps show a different aspect of the character.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, seeing the detective work was pretty cool. I think they have been building up to more and more. Which is why I think Riddler would be good for the third. Much more sluething to figure things out. Batman doesn't become the amazing detective he is overnight. ;)
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    A list of potential candidates for the inevitable 3rd batman movie.
    http://www.omglists.com/article/97673/8-great-villains-we-want-in-the-next-batman-movie/?
    I wonder if Mr Reese might be a candidate for Riddler, if only because of the similar pun to E. Nygma. Whatever happens it seems pretty likely that he'll have a significant role in the next film given that he's announced to the world that he knows who Batman is.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Riddler would work, if they go the opposite of the Joker and make him very cerebral and logical. Almost like a evil Spock with his riddles and a very intricate plan. Plus, Riddler certainly got pushed to the forefront and made a player again with the Lee/Loeb Hush series a while back in the comics. I don't think you could have another psycho character after the Joker, I think they'd need to go in the other direction.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Given the extent of borrowing Nolan has done with Frank Miller's Year One, and Dark Knight Returns, I could see him following the story arc of 'The Mutants'.

But rather than a generic Mutant Leader, the leader is Bane.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Just saw. Pretty cool. Ledger knocked that shit out of the park. Could be better imo.
    Jackablade wrote: »
    I wonder if Mr Reese might be a candidate for Riddler, if only because of the similar pun to E. Nygma. Whatever happens it seems pretty likely that he'll have a significant role in the next film given that he's announced to the world that he knows who Batman is.
    Good Spotting on the name. But that dude isn't even close to a good candidate for the riddler imo. MAYBE

I reckon the riddler HAS to be the next one. The jokers tricks made this movie for me, as well as the great acting. And they could push it even further with the riddler.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome movie. Saw it in IMAX this morning. Looked great, pacing was really good, acting was great overall. Batman's voice did get a bit tedious, but that's about the only thing I didn't really like... although the design of his bike was a bit weak too, I reckon.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    impressive movie, heath should get a god damn oscar. "how about a magic trick?"
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    Probably one of the best movies I've seen in recent years. Heath's performance was absolutely stellar.
  • _Gr9yFox_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Gr9yFox_ polycounter lvl 10
    I loved it. Even though some things annoyed me (cellphone sonars all around, batman voice and almost everything about the bike) everyone rocked and Heath Ledger delivered the best and most memorable Joker I've seen so far.

The disappearing pencil trick was awesome! What a way to quickly establish a mood for a character.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Just saw this today with a friend. The pencil trick set the mood and it got better and better. I'm suprised that at this day and age people don't know who Harvey dent is.
    I wasn't too happy with the ending. I felt the third movie could of easily been dedicated to two face. That section felt like when they added Venom to the third Spiderman movie. As it is now the movie just felt rushed and have the Bat take the fall was lame, they could of easily blamed Joker
    I was pretty sad when I saw this movie because Ledger did such a great job having another try to fill the shoes won't be as good and of course I was sad because he died. He did and excellent job, I'm glad they didn't try to make him be funny and clowning around. I never liked the Bat mobil design of the first movie Batman Begins or the bike so I just to it for what it was. I hope the next version is not a SUV looking vehicle, although it was very functional. I liked the cell phone gadget but I disliked how it was used in the movie at the end, it felt wrong and lame.

Alex
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Just saw it; it was awesome! Just can't wait for the next one now. I loved the Animated Series and the old Batman movies, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a different vision for the Joker, or any of the other characters.
    I thought Batman's gravelly voice was silly at first, but it fits with the difference in characters, and if you care about realism I think it makes sense that Bruce Wayne would want to change his voice as Batman to make himself less recognizeable.

The cellphone thing was a little silly, and it didn't really seem all that necessary to the plot, but whatev.

I hope you guys are right about the Riddler, that sounds like it could be awesome.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Just saw it this weekend. It was a very good movie not great in my opinion but very good. I want to see the Bane - Azreal batman saga as a movie that story is really good, I just find the riddler a really silly character and hardly competition for the batman :P.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    It was great!!! The entire audience was clapping and cheering when the pencil trick happened, the movie got a standing ovation when it was finished, never seen that happen before! I really hated some of the over-the-top technology parts, that could have been solved in a different way.
    I liked the cellphone thingy when he first used it, I can imagine the technology working if it was a special device that looks like a cellphone. But I hated how he 'uploaded' it to every cellphone in gotham, that was so unbelievable. How could he look trough an entire building if there's nobody in there? I also hated the 'finger print from bullet' thing, they should have went with something more down to earth. And last but not least: what the fuck was up with two-face's big shiny eyeball? It would have looked a lot cooler if it was burnt to some dirty fleshy substance, now he looked more like achmed the dead terrorist!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18