Home General Discussion

feeling bad

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    Because age, gravity and their self centered attitudes will ravage their bodies leaving them bitter, old and alone in a house full of nick knacks. But cheer up when you hit 50 you'll be bangin' their daughters two at a time.

Man, when you sound so bitter about the other sex, I have trouble imagining you 'banging' anyone, let alone two at a time :D
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    hawken wrote: »
    nope, all her doing. too much pressure etc.

:S stink.

On the bright side, atleast you get to go get pissed with mates more now, hit the strip clubs, go on the pull etc. Once you find the right girl, all thats gonna go out the window, so make the most of it while you can! Think of it as an opportunity, because for the majority of your life your probably going to tied down.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    bah, was going to write a whole essay on why I'm feeling bad but can't be arsed heh
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    shit been through t recently hawken, know its shit, but things will be better than ever soon. if it wasnt meant to be, you'll find someone better or maybe two people better, if it was then things will right themselves
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Hawken damn that blows. Sort of reminds me of my weekend but I think yours was a bit worse. Well the fourth of July weekend was great, here is the break down. Friday great, we saw each other my girlfriend and I, we have been having tough times, so we go see fireworks and have blast. Saturday, she is acting strange, Sunday she is acting stranger, so we make Love and have a great time. then guess what happens.... She tells me she doesn't think our relationship is working and that maybe it time to move on. We talk a little more screw some more... so where does the shitty part come in. Well I went to work, gave a coworker a ride home after work and my freaking car, yeah new used car that I got with the tax money and all my vacation money, engine blew.. no car, I'll probably have to quit that job, and just told my girl the news so. So if I'm correct I'll be dumbed soon, the interesting thing was we were going to move in together this year, and then a month later I got laid off, just as I started a new savings account.

Correction. She called me today to inform me that we were done. Women and their mix messages. So that's what I get for putting my career on hold for eight years and trying to make this relationship work. Happy fourth of July.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    Asmuel wrote: »
    That sucks bro. Sell that shit and buy some games. Or hookers.

Edit: If you dumped her, don't be a jackass. Give that shit back. Well, maybe.

woah woah woah pawn that shit and buy some crack!
  • CIgano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i was rejected when in need of sex today

again
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    thanks, I just need to bury my head is some boobs and I'll be better again. Nothing like a rack to make 9 months of memories disappear.
  • KyleM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woah I just read the entire complaints forum instead of working on my demo reel what a terrible 10 minutes :p
  • ohnein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage wrote: »
    Correction. She called me today to inform me that we were done. Women and their mix messages. So that's what I get for putting my career on hold for eight years and trying to make this relationship work. Happy fourth of July.

That sucks dude, and I think a lesson learned here is that your career should become before your girl. Your career sticks with you, girls don't always do the same. :/
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    quitting smoking, haven't had one in a few days, irradiating a significant level of irritability, not back in the game industry yet, had to spend a lot more money than I wanted to recently, friends and friends of friends seem to be dying off with horrific speed, still peeling after getting sunburned 3 friggin weeks ago, and oh yeah, haven't had a cigarette in a few days and am somewhat irritable.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    ohnein wrote: »
    That sucks dude, and I think a lesson learned here is that your career should become before your girl. Your career sticks with you, girls don't always do the same. :/

Bad advice. Unless you like midlife crises.

(that really sucks, sage)
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Hawken pawn that ring , pound some beers and hit the titty bar! ;) Really though that sucks man good luck to you.

Sage thats rough man. ouch.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm probably off to the titty bar on Friday if anyone wants to join me....

3 days now until I leave work, feels really weird though, not happy, not sad. Probably due to being busy at the moment. Gonna be next monday when the usual routine becomes useless that I'll probably really find it. Even more so when I move back down to Portsmouth.

Can't seem to get started on my portfolio despite knowing a lot is riding on it, and now starting to wonder if I really want to remain in the games industry. Been wanting to do this since I was 11, spent the last 5 years actually achieving it but now I feel like an empty husk. Only problem is that I don't know what the fuck to do next. 28 in a few months' time, no qualifications so not really sure what to do... maybe I just need a break.

sorry for the melodramatics, just need to vent
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    If you're unsure if you want to stay in the gaming industry, you should switch places with a lot of us dude. I've been working shitty job one after another just to get a foot in the door. My current job right now is decent, the pay is not that great but I can scrape by and I get along with the peeps there. I've been working my tail off for the past 6 years now trying to become a better artist. I just got married and I'm living with the in-laws to save up some cash to pay back some bills. Each day feels like it's just slippin' by and on top of that...my health is kinda getting wacked out. I need to go to a GI, but I know they're gonna want to stick a camera up my ass and I'm really not game for that.

So, in conclusion: What I need to be doing right now is modeling my ass off, start taking my flintstone vitamins, move out of the in-laws house before they drive me completley batshit crazy, and get my unhealthy ass to the GI.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Ohnein while it's true that a career stays with you, that only works for you if it means more to you than your girl. Not sure how to explain, but in my case my loved ones came first and she was at the top of my list, so I thought all the time I spent trying to make it work was worth it. That said it doesn't help with how I feel. Working on getting a career while being with her was my goal, and well I failed again. I think I'm having another mid life crisis, but I'm too young to be having it again. I guess when I reach 40 I might be used to it.

I don't get how you dump someone yet don't collect the set of keys that you gave them for your house before they leave for what is supposed to be the last time. Does this make any sense? Now I have a bunch of stuff at her place which I could have taken with me and I still have the keys to her house. I think I need a refund.

NyneDown I hope things work out for you. Chunkey stay positive, take a break if you can afford it and if not get a job outside the industry and see if you want to come back. It sounds like a small case of burn out.

Thanks for the thoughts.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    NyneDown, go to GI as soon as possible dude. I kept procrastinating it for some months and now the doctor says I should stay away from tea, coffee, cola, alcohol etc. I know this is not something major but it sucks when you cannot have a cup of coffee to stay awake in the night or drink with friends.

I hope things work out well for everybody.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Meh, i'm unhappy again for no reason, kinda back to the attitude that everything is pointless, but I guess that's just me being in the low end of the hormonal cycle, right?
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers Sage, I've been feeling run down with work, I suppose there's only so much a person can take before they need a break before they get to melting point.

I'm gonna give myself a month off for sure and then decide what I want to do, probably end up back in the industry as it's all I know and it's one of the few things I know I'm good at. Plus being nearer to all the family means I've got better support than up here. Just feels like this is the right decision personally although not professionally.

NyneDown: Sorry that I struck a nerve with you mate, I was in the same situation when I was trying to get in to the industry, was working at a car factory cleaning toilets, stock taking late at night, whilst trying to get shit done. At the end of the day, no matter how awesome the industry can be, it's a job. If you're lucky, you get to do some crazy arse work that blows people away, if not then it becomes a job.

Good Luck with getting to doctors fella
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Sage, that sucks man. Girl problems are always temporary though...the right one will come along when ya least expect it, that's what they say anyway...haha

EmAR, thanks dude. That's exactly what I've been doing, procrastinating. I keep thinking my body will fight off whatever is wrong with me, but that hasnt been the case just yet. Hopefully it isnt anything major, I dunno if I can live a life without pepsi or tea though!

And good luck to ya Chunkey. I know I came off as annoyed with your comment so my bad man. I consider working in the industry such a privilege but then again I havent made it there yet so I probably dont totally see it from your point of view. But definitely take that vacation. I just took one for my honeymoon to Jamaica and I came back with a really fresh outlook on things.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    NyneDown wrote: »
    I dunno if I can live a life without pepsi or tea though!

Put down the soda, man. When I quit drinking soda, I dropped 45lbs without doing anything else, and felt about 10x better in general. Had more energy, and in general my body seemed to be happier. That shit is poison.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    agreed get on the camomile tea man its the shit
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    since when did this go from an "i feel shitty" into a "lets make eachother feel better" thread?
    ...everyone hates me.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    hawken wrote: »
    thanks, I just need to bury my head is some boobs and I'll be better again. Nothing like a rack to make 9 months of memories disappear.

:S sorry to hear that, the ring is kinda ironic.. Id keep it as a reminder of how fickle they can be ..
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    :S sorry to hear that, the ring is kinda ironic.. Id keep it as a reminder of how fickle they can be ..

yeah tell me about it...

Damn, my ex kicked me in the balls again.... Freaking pissed!!!

I got an email today late at night at 10pm. I check it's from her saying time sensitive. So what's the mature thing to do when you dump your partner after nine years and not tell him before he leaves your house, right after making out with him in the morning acting like everything is fine and you are still together. Then wait until he tells you about how his car died going home to work and call him back to let him know you are through....
    If you guessed the mature thing to do is to send an email informing me that she left my things at my sister's balcony without letting her know about it then.... Ding ding ding ding we got a winner!!!!

Just the kind of uplifting news to hear before a job interview. :D I'll be sleeping well tonight!