(camShot 3) camShot3.jpg

(camShot 4)

mad.gif
    ...pooping some renders out camShot4.jpg
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    you need some ao in there or some shadow planes to help ground everything. There are no shadows where things meet on the ground and it just looks wrong.

Plus your renders are blurry. Please tell me you aren't using the god damn area filter in max Frank. I will kick you in your big Mexican Ponch if you are and I mean that buddy.

It is a really cool style and I like it but really dark. I know that is the feeling you want to create with this but I think you could get more if you open it up a bit and let some light in just like you let Jesus into your heart and we let you into our borders.
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jesse....

your asking for a driveby
    ...soon, really soon
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .. your totally right though

i will be on it like a hooker that owes me money ooo.gifcool.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    im a bit confused, are tehre windows in the scene ? the lightning says so , but also says that there arent is a tad confusing .if that light cast on those tables etc is from windows and its a sunny day the area should be more lit since lightning bounces on everything smile.gif keep going i like the scene.
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .. here is some more, some props too

mad.gif
    registers.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    smallthumb.jpg
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No Prob Johny, you are absolutely right on that
    I need to do a few touch ups here and there, and also work on the windows there, FYI it is supposed to be glass, so far I only made them into dim alpha'd maps, I will go back and retouch them by adding them dirt and grime to the glass so it looks fantastico! cool.gif
    and the lighting? yea, definately alot of work into it, and throw in an ao on th floor like Jesse said
  • cyborgguineapig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyborgguineapig polycounter lvl 14
    Hey Frank. The end result of your scene has come together very nicely minus a few small flaws however the time it took you to complete this is just not acceptable. On the job you may be asked to create a scene of equal complexity within a a month or so timeline and with this quality, could you do it? I have faith in ya man, use every bit of what you learned on this project and apply it to your next job whether it be professional or personal.
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Per128, I will go back and focus on that ASAP

and to you too Art, you are totally right on that. I do need to work on how to be quicker. Jesse told me some pretty good things yesterday on what to aim for for my next piece, and I going to work exactly on that for next time.
    Thank you everyone, for the damn good crits, suggetions, and advice. cool.gif
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    Jesse told me some pretty good things yesterday on what to aim for for my next piece, and I going to work exactly on that for next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesse is giving advice now? frown.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey hey Mr. Ott. I always give advice. Sometimes it's not the best but sometimes it can be helpful.

Like take this for example.

Frank don't ever dress like this again.

juddandfrank.jpg

See now thats pretty decent advice I would think.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
  • Grey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, Frank they are right...but I appreciated you letting me feel you up.
  • CiscoJavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no problem baby, that is what i am there for ooo.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WTF!! Where is the art frank? You have time to post crap like this but you can't give us art? Stop dressing in drag and dancing around on stage and get us some damn updates.
  • Travytrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's awesome frank... It reminds me of the first cafe they stop at in blade runner. Add some neon lights, to accent stuff... You know Jessy loves that picture, he plays with his star wars toys and acts out this halloween incident over and over. I miss all you guys, Judd, Jessy, Franky, Art, and Don. I extended my stay one quarter to make my senior project rad by skipping a quarter for the second part. I can't wait to be big and all grown up like you guys.
    -Travis