Home General Discussion

Heroes thread!

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    What pisses me off is the writers have a legitimate complaint, but as usual, the studios are too greedy to share any of their profits. It seems like a no brainer to me, but this is going to be drawn out until the studios have ran out of 'reality TV' concepts. This is also going to affect Lost frown.gif
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Just finished watching todays episode. Arg, watching Heroes is like having somebody twist your arm every episode :P Dem plot twists.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Almost blew a gasket near the end. Then shot milk through nose at the end. >_<

Parkman is actually pretty cool now. On a scale of 1 to Noah Bennett(52), he ranks at a 6 now.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    OMG OMG great episode. Already knew who killed Hiro's father though, so I wasn't surprised by that.
    But HRG, OH SHIT!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Parkman is slipping into a bit of darkness, not sure how i feel about this. As for HRG man thats not going to go well for him.

What are they going to do with two episodes? How do you turn a season break into a season ending? What are they going to tie up, Adam or the plague?

God i love this show! Who knew i could look forward to mondays...
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    whats HRG? ya mean Hiro? the episode rocked and the fact that two episodes left till a break doesn't bother me but an 11-ish episode season?!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    horn rimmed glasses i assume
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought a lot of the episode was predictable, but still entertaining. I'm looking forward to the last of this season smile.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall, HRG = horn rimmed glasses, aka: Noah, aka: Claire's daddy.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    holy fuck that was a god damn amazing ending. WHY ON EARTH DOES THIS STRIKE HAVE TO FUCK THE ONLY TV SHOW I WATCH NOW.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hmmm. that was pretty damn good BUT west became all pally with HRG way too easily after his traumatic abduction past.. the line about the car he drives.. total cheese
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TRUTH - talking about cars buries ALL hatchets.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    It's OK

maybe they can borrow some of the 4400 scripts.

oh snap!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    whats HRG? ya mean Hiro? the episode rocked and the fact that two episodes left till a break doesn't bother me but an 11-ish episode season?!

[/ QUOTE ]

well the first season was split into like... 3 chunks too.

HRG = horn rimmed glasses

this episode was SO fucking pimp, i couldn't believe some of the twists! i think Elle might turn on bob sometime soon, but i'm still waiting for "powerless" (ep 11.) it's gotta be sylars time to rawk o/
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Kind of disappointed that they can't just let characters die. There's always a loophole to bring them back.

whatever. still a good watch.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So now what? Only one episode left. Last night didn't really do much for me.

Why the fuck can't Hiro just stop time. Go grab the virus and destroy it himself?

God damn you large corporations for ending my only tv show early. Pay the god damn writers.
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well that was Hiro's plan he just didnt know good ole rose colored glasses Peter would be there.

Who knew Hiro would be the one to grow a set before Peter.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, once again Peter is becoming a giant pussy. What a waste of such a power.

The episode was kind of blah for me. It just wasn't drawing me in for some reason.
    -Sylar is working again... which I'm mixed on. I want more bad guys with cool powers.
    -The Claire drama is getting too 90210-ish.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2 heroes die next week. 1 for sure, the other is uncertain.

I'm guessing Nikki (for sure) and either Hiro or Nathan as uncertain.

Sad that this next episode will be the finale though. Damn NBC! frown.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I can't wait for Sylar to use Claire's blood next week and get his powers back. Then he can kill the Nikki and Paolo or whatever their names are. I think they were on Lost last year and Lost killed them faster. I doubt Hiro or Nathan will die.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    fuck i love Hiro, no hesitation at all. he's all "Lightning bolts? stop watching DBZ and learn to fight like a man!" xD

i can't wait for next week now, but at the same time, this writers strike is bullshit.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought Paolo was already dead. I thought Sylar killed him (when they showed him slowly closing the bedroom door). Then we heard the clock ticking again, which was symbolic of him having his powers back already. No need for Claire's blood... he wants BRAINS! wink.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh shoot yeah. I totally spaced out that he killed that dude. Hopefully the girl will eat it next. She's annoying. Hopefully the writer's strike will get settled quick and they can get new episodes out in Feb/March.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    The episode was ok. I highly doubt they'd get rid of Hiro because he's the one the majority of fans love the most. I can see Nikki dying... God I hope she fucking dies!!! But I wouldn't be surprised if they just off new heroes like the Veronica Mars chick, the Mexican chick, or Wes(man, he sucks).

Is the writer's strike actually affecting the show? I'd imagine there'd be a mid season break right about now anyway... they did the same thing last year. The only thing that was affected by the writer's strike for heroes was the spin-off Heroes Origins show that was going to fill the mid-season gap... probably won't get that till next year now.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They supposedly reedited the last episode they had in the can, to make it the finale, because of the strike.

What amazes me is how they managed to screw up on every single new character. No one seems to like any of the new people... with maybe for the exception of the TV repeating chic (who proved herself to be an idiot this last episode).
  • Scootman Music
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scootman Music polycounter lvl 17
    "this writers strike is bullshit."

Dude, how the fuck can you say that? Without the writers, there's no job for ANYBODY. The studios and producers are NOT paying writers when the DVD of a show gets released or rented in stores, and they're NOT paying writers when the shows get shown online or are made available for download, usually with national advertising running up front of each segment/episode. How is that fair in your mind? You should also keep in mind that some of those writers are also the future directors, producers and actors who will bring you more cool shows like Heroes - but not if they don't have the money to front them.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, easy... I don't think he meant anything against the writers. It's bullshit that the studios aren't doing anything to make things right.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    epic first post, scootman.

i don't get paid whenever someone buys the games i've made. i get paid to do my job once, regardless of who else profits from it down the line.

latest heroes kind of sucked. all filler, no killer
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles, that's that point. The 'uncertain' hero death is said to be very unexpected and sure to upset. It's got to be one of the people that's been focused on this season.

- Nikki
    - Adam/Kensei
    - Peter
    - Nathan
    - Claire
    - Molly
    - Hiro

I excluded several others, because they've already come close to dying (or in HRG's case, HAVE died). I doubt they'd re-kill them this soon.

So I'm pretty sure Nikki will die for sure - she's run her course, and is just not interesting anymore.

Hiro is a huge fan fav, and would upset everyone if he died.

Nathan is also liked quite a bit, and I could see him being killed. Afterall, in the future glimpses we've seen, he's already been dead. Sylar had taken the Candice's illusionist ability and overtook Nathan's presidential power.

Molly is a prime candidate as well, since Sylar has her in his grasp. She can find any hero, which is just what he'd like to do.

Claire and Adam, although regenerative, can easily be killed. A bullet to the brain and they're toast. Both big names, and both likely victims.

Should be a very interesting episode. I hope the strike ends soon. Season 2 was meant to cover "Volume 2" and "Volume 3", but now only the conclusion of 2 will be shown this year. Me sad. frown.gif
  • Scootman Music
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scootman Music polycounter lvl 17
    Sorry - yeah, I'm a little touchy, if only from several years of the 'music should be free' mentality killing my income. I think any artist or programmer ought to get some kind of residuals based on consumption/volume, and this thing with the writers is vital to setting a benchmark for the rest of us for years to come.

I love Heroes, and by all reports Tim Kring (exec prod and writer) basically says this season is a wash - no idea what the hell that's about. Just wish they'd have figured this all out earlier!

- S
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just don't see any setup for the next season ... it's suicide to end the season without a setup to look forward to, one episode to wrap up everything and save that chick from the future. Sigh.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    time to wrap up heroes now I feel

theres no direction anymore. destroy the virus, save the day, series end.

btw I have been to ayoama cemetery, I used to walk past it most days. There is no grass. Heroes is bullshit! laugh.gif

I disagree about Sylar, I think hes more in his element right now than before
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well Kring said it's a wash in terms of finding out what fans like and don't like. Claire romance not so much, Hiro in ancient Japan not so much, Peter with amnesia, not so much. So the second 1/2 of season 2 was going to be refocused and be paced a bit quicker. He said that those 3 stories could have each been told over an episode instead of most of the season. Lost went through the same issues actually.

The one thing that stuck out with me was that he said last year that the new bad guy was going to make Sylar look like a wimp. Adam doesn't do it for me. Even if he wants to kill all of humanity he just doesn't have the same effect that Sylar does. I hope my opinion on that changes, but I doubt it.

I guess they reshot the finale for next week in case the strike didn't end so it'll act as a cliffhanger for next year instead of just acting as a closing to the first 1/2 of season 2. But yeah, pretty weak compared to the first year they had last year. Save the virus, save the world. Did they just go through and replace cheerleader with virus this year?

I'm bummed about Origins getting canned indefinitely. Hopefully rating will pick up next year and they'll bring it back. Sounded like a fun show to take the empty weeks.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Claire and Adam, although regenerative, can easily be killed. A bullet to the brain and they're toast. Both big names, and both likely victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it takes more than that. HRG got shot in the head (by way of the eyeball), and it only took a sample of Claire's blood to return him to life. I think that the head trauma would have to be massive - the science chick's shotgun might have done it, but that's a pretty unique circumstance.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    the plot is moving too fast now, like a lot of good stories are getting tossed aside. it feels poorly thrown together, and the quality of acting from peter and claire have suffered from it. peter as a badass simply isn't believable.

this season started slow, and started to get interesting, but this strike has killed it. i hear the same will happen to the last season of Scrubs.

fuck you Viacom.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    The series is kind of standing on wobbly legs, just doesn't feel as cohesive as last season, but once the strike is up I'm betting things will pick up again.

It'll be great if Peter started getting a grip on things and not being so damn gullible over and over again, the dude has the most powerful ability and he's constantly getting manipulated.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry - yeah, I'm a little touchy, if only from several years of the 'music should be free' mentality killing my income.

[/ QUOTE ]

you even think about who you were cussing, and why? i'm a musician myself. and for the record, i side with the writers.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    the strike as been over for a week btw. and this was the Fall Finale only..
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I love that Peter only wants to stop to virus to save Caitlin. I guess he doesn't give a shit about the other 93% of humanity that all die as well. . .
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I love that Peter only wants to stop to virus to save Caitlin. I guess he doesn't give a shit about the other 93% of humanity that all die as well. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah typical huh?

only cares about the pussy...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've loved this season. You guys expected non stop action or something? Before season 2 started, Kring said that's not what it was about - it was more back story, a different story. If you haven't enjoyed the season, you let yourself down by expecting something different than Kring said.

As for Peter, he lost his damn memory. Caitlin was the only person he could trust during that fragile time. Sure, he has his memory back. But the compulsion for him to save her is like a husband saving his wife. That would sure as hell be more important to me than saving anyone else.

As others have said, this is only the finale for "Volume 2", not season 2. Once the strike is done and they are back at work, Volume 3 is going to be made. Season 2 was meant to span Volume 2 & 3. This "finale" is trying to tie up a few loose ends that were to be explained early on in Volume 3. So it can be considered volume 2.5 I suppose.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I let myself down by expecting something as good as the first season.

I guess I should have read wherever it was that Kring said that wasn't going to happen. My bad. laugh.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought it was as good as the first season. So yes, you were obviously expecting something different :P
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Before season 2 started, Kring said that's not what it was about

[/ QUOTE ]

And just a half dozen episodes into season 2, Kring apologized to fans and acknowledged his mistakes with the season thus far.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

Glad you're enjoying the mistakes, Vassago laugh.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    As for Peter, he lost his damn memory. Caitlin was the only person he could trust during that fragile time. Sure, he has his memory back. But the compulsion for him to save her is like a husband saving his wife. That would sure as hell be more important to me than saving anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't quite call Peter and Caitlin a married couple... They've been together for a few weeks or something and now nothing else matters? I find that a bit hard to believe. I see your point Vassago, but I don't believe she should be made more significant than the entire human race.
    Plus, she's trapped in the future... If Peter destroys the virus to affect the future, wouldn't she just cease to exist in the alternate future meaning she's doomed anyway.

None of this show makes any real sense, the first season was like that and its even more apparent with the second season. I find all the new characters really frustrating, and most of all the old ones just as frustrating. Nathan, Mohinder and Parkman are the only ones that seemed to have stepped up and stopped being bitches.
    Season 1 = Entertaining enough to watch
    Season 2 = FAIL x googolplex

-caseyjones
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    i have about a million of these niggles that make no sense: how the feck did hero hollow out the handle of kenseis sword without him noticing? or did it happen to be some weird hollow handled sword by chance? and if it was designed that way how the heck did kensei not notice all these messages in it? etc etc
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure if this is the same for katanas, but usually the handle would be hollow, and would be filled with sand to weigh it down and balance out the sword.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The handle on a katana is partly hollow. The shaft itself is made of a solid piece of wood split in half, with part of the interior etched out to accommodate the tang of the blade. The handle could be hollowed out more than that, but I've never seen it done. And the handles aren't filled with sand, but they are quite long (10-12 inches or so) as they are built to be used with two hands.

I suppose that if Hiro wanted to take the sword, hollow out the handle and hide messages in it without anyone noticing, he could always stop time and do it smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whatever, the whole Hiro in ancient Japan with The Last Samurai stunk. I like how confusing Futurama got with time travel. That's the only way to do it justice. It's not a simple thing, make it so complicated that you just smile and nod while Hiro is slicing Adam and Sylar.

The future episodes never make sense. Cause the one where Sylar was President should never happen right? Cause Peter didn't explode. So it's all null right now. The same will be said with Peter's vision of the virus.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    the strike as been over for a week btw. and this was the Fall Finale only..

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr.... don't know why no one said anything earlier but the strike isn't over.