Home General Discussion

Guitar Hero 3

Replies

• SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Not only are hammer-ons and pull-offs easier to spot than previous games, but they are placed in the songs where the actual guitarist used a HO/PO. Previous games just had them when two notes were really close together, regardless if they were actually accurate. I think it adds a cool element.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Funny, was literally *just* talking with two coworkers about the HO/PO's on the game... One coworker could smoke me at the game, the other obviously never read the tutorials and was blown away by the concept... me..? I'm just tryin' to get the hang of it. wink.gif
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Finally finished expert mode. I don't know how but I beat Lou by a freak chance after getting the first power-up. (got him with whammy bar when all his notes is just a stream of green frets)

Dragon Force is the only song I can't finish (as with Jordon in GHII). Best is 1% laugh.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I've been playing Dragonforce all weekend in Practice Mode. Really starting to get the hang of it and managed to get from 63% of notes hit to 73%. Going to attempt it in Quick Play to see how far I can manage to get.
    I have had a few issues with the game however, I find that its not that responsive with some songs, almost like its not calibrated correctly. Either that, or I'm just playing the song really poorly.
    Another thing I managed to get was this really weird hum/buzz noise about 20seconds into playing any song on the 7th tier and the noise is relatively loud and is continuous even after the song is finished/failed. The only way I was able to stop it, was by going back into the menu or restarting my PS2.

-caseyjones
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I have had a few issues with the game however, I find that its not that responsive with some songs, almost like its not calibrated correctly. Either that, or I'm just playing the song really poorly.
    -caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought GH III had a screen calibration/timing since GH II had that option. Apparently its there for flat screens that has built in image processing that causes lag.

Never had had that buzz before and I'm using the PS2 version too.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    ugh, I can't seem to get the 'Star power' achievement for using star power 3x on TTFAF on expert. I've done it a few times, and used more than 3 star powers a couple of the times, the last time in particular I've used it 4-5 times. (and yes, finished the song), but I never get the achievement. WTFS.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    RWolf, it only happens on particular songs, or particular sections in songs. But like I mentioned, I'm probably just playing it poorly, but it just feels like its not registering or something. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll give that a try just in case.

-caseyjones