Home General Discussion

teh Musac. polycounters and their music

Replies

• seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    Bjork , sigur ros, Radiohead, Thom Yorke's solo album, Tool, some Ol' Wu-Tang, anything produced by Muggs or the Rza. And been diggin on some late 80's early 90's hip hop lately. Back when the shit was good.
  • Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    These are my recently played approximately 50 artists from the past 2 weeks or so.

BT, Apparat, The Chalets, Action Action, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), The Twang, Death From Above 1979, Satellite Party, The Decemberists, Infected Mushroom, The Cinematic Orchestra, Grizzly Bear, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Pendulum, Kasabian, Duplex, Owen, Poison the Well, Tomoyasu Hotei,Thief, Beach House, Death in Vegas, Air, Blue Man Group, Aesop Rock, And Me, Band of Horses, The Apples in Stereo, Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton, pg.lost, Shpongle, Hot Cross, Klaxons, The Servant, The Absence, Ocean Colour Scene, Symphony X, Maps, Venetian Snares, Art Brut, Max
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Not too many classic rockers here eh?

Huge list but the ticket items are certainly the Black Crowes, The Doors, Floyd, CCR, Blind Melon and The Black Keys.

Pink Floyd; The Doors; Soul Asylum; Tool; Gin Blossoms; Bob Marley; A Perfect Circle; Reggie and the Full Effect; Foo Figthers; Atreyu; The Allman Brothers; The Black Crowes; The Eagles; Blind Melon; Bob Dylan; The Who; The Beatles; BNO; Coldplay; Collective Soul; Creedence Clearwater Revival; Death Cab for Cutie; Deftones; Guns N Roses; Nine Inch Nails; Stone Temple Pilots; Incubus; The Juliana Theory; Pearl Jam; Silvertide; Live; Smashing Pumpkins; Sublime; System of a Down; Aerosmith; Tom Petty; Alice in Chains; Better than Ezra; Soundgarden; The Mars VOlta; Finch; Fiona Apple; Buckcherry; At the Drive-In; Fuel; Jimmy Hendrix; Led Zeppelin; Oasis; Papa Roach; Our Lady Peace; Queen; Rage Against the Machine; The Black Keys; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Rolling Stones; Sevendust; Skinny Puppy; Team Sleep; Third Eye Blind; The Killers
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Kovac: Yeah, I like a bit o' the classic rock smile.gif
    Good list you have there!
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    So now I just play dvds for ambient sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

skanker: u know there's plenty of proper ambient music out there...
    check out synaesthesia - ephemeral

for the rest.. ill recommend 1 per style:
    chillout/ celtic cross -hicksville
    psychedelic/ shpongle - nothing lasts.. ..but nothing is lost
    ambient/ OST the fountain
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Gogol Bordello. Gypsy punk.
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Right on

Kub's got a strange taste in music but a lot of the stuff I definitely like.. I had actually never really heard Wilco too much before talking to him about it on the IRC.

Polyphonic Spree binge this week kub? haha
  • Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    So now I just play dvds for ambient sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

skanker: u know there's plenty of proper ambient music out there...
    check out synaesthesia - ephemeral

for the rest.. ill recommend 1 per style:
    chillout/ celtic cross -hicksville
    psychedelic/ shpongle - nothing lasts.. ..but nothing is lost
    ambient/ OST the fountain

[/ QUOTE ]

Shpongle rule, new album is reportedly coming out relatively soon.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    'relatively' to what? smile.gif
    i think it's gonna be a while... look for the gossip on twisted's forums.
    the new younger brother is out next month, meanwhile.

check out androcell's music too
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sayanora polycounter lvl 11
    [ QUOTE ]
    Right on

Kub's got a strange taste in music..

Polyphonic Spree binge this week kub? haha

[/ QUOTE ]

You're damn right he does! I also hold to my claim that Polyphonic Spree is a happy on the outside, Jonestown on the inside, bus traveling cult!

Music of the week and in general:

Screeching Weasel, Rancid, Social Distortion, Strike Anywhere, Propagandhi, Elis, Better than Ezra, Sirenia, Skinny Puppy, Tweaker, NIN, Tool, APC, Alice soundtrack, Silent Hill soundtracks (various), Vampire: Redemption soundtrack, Rise Against, Tristania, Good Riddance and a crap ton more. Oh yeah, and Justin Lassen's stuff is also quite good. Any ambient dark chamber music lovers will probably enjoy his work. Justin Lassen
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    pretty standard stuff...
    modest mouse, NIN, beastie boys, assorted game soundtracks (AM alice, phantom dust, silent hill) various metal, ska, punk, franz ferdinand, the pixes, dead milkmen, etc etc
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    if you aren't listening to my band, i don't like you =[
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness

God-damn this is some good shit. The singer does all the artwork for the albums and did the Pig Destroyer Phantom Limb cover, too.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    http://shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=2399&file=filename.pls listen to this most everyday
    Spy / lounge / jazz stuff all pretty smooth
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Garden State Soundtrack
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    For all you metalheads, if you haven't listened to Emmure, check em out. My favorite song of theirs is Johnny Carson Didn't Have to Die, but you should check out some of their tracks.

http://www.purevolume.com/emmure