Home General Discussion

Chris REDFIELD is coming back - RE 5

diZzyWalnut
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
Hi,
after very impresive videos & demo in a real time of MGS 4 , here is RESIDENT EVIL 5 -

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22801.html?type=wmv

Cinematic or real time ? Don't know.
The shadows and lighting looks very - very nice cool.gif.

Is here any fan of Resident Evil ? I am ...and a big one. wink.gif

Replies

• snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    yes, just saw the HD trailer a little bit ago.

looks AMAZING.

id say the first bits are pre-rendered using the in-game stuff with a little post processing but the combat(aiming/firing) is real time i suspect. still impressive graphics and no doubt the game play will match up.

Chris got BUFF.. wow..
    the masses of 'zombies' with weapons is impressive. looks like RE4 taken to the next level.

and the girl at the end.. at first i was thinking Alexia.. but no, she was destroyed in Code Veronica. so now im thinking.. Sherry Birkin. if it is.. then O M G..

<3<3<3
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not an RE fan, but this has got me excited. Looking great. Nice graphics, like the style, etc...

Not enough shown on gameplay for my tastes, but from what was shown, looked great.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally a game where i can kill all the black people i want!

RE5_choklit.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Chris punched a zombie in the FACE. Must buy.
  • Needles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    Funny i feel more comfortable looking at clips of white people getting shot over the black people in this game :+... all those games with just whites getting killed kinda has me desensitized to white people shooting O_O... this video has a weird psychological effect on me >_<; all those poor Africans don't deserve that >_<
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I find the africans to MUCH scarier then any of the spanish people ever could be.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Nice photoshop EQ, I didn't catch it at first. Also, I'd like to add that the kid in your avatar looks like a black zombie... all you need to do is add a caption of him saying, "brains... BRAAAINS!"
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    damnit it looks to play a lot like resident evil 4, im the only person i know who really doesnt like re4. just rubbed me wrong.

of course my brother will get it and play it though, so i will still get the story.

p.s. is they sherry or alexia at the end? my bets on sherry
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    God damn, AIDS is bad in Africa.

looks sweet!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Do want. RE5 is both for 360 and ps3 right? Well I certainly hope so since I only have a 360.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    This looks fucking INCREDIBLE!

Have they said that it is Africa? I was assuming it was Haiti since that is where zombies originated from, AFAIK.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    It would be really interesting if they have Umbrella set up like an American prescription drug company, testing their new products on people of African nations. I'd like to see that kind of real world element come into a popular game like this where gamers might become a little more aware.

Looks really good.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Funny i feel more comfortable looking at clips of white people getting shot over the black people in this game :+... all those games with just whites getting killed kinda has me desensitized to white people shooting O_O... this video has a weird psychological effect on me >_<; all those poor Africans don't deserve that >_<

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I kind of agree... it has a strange vibe to it. Not sure why exactly. And it could hurt sales btw.

But if it was backed up by a good & reasonable story and maybe some sort of "social commentary" this strange feeling could in fact make the game experience more intense wink.gif
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Wow that screenshot looks amazing, but I grew up in south africa and I can imagine a game that looks like this having a good chance of being banned there. Theres just too much racial politics in some african countries and alot of people are trying to get away from the past or present racial prejudices. I dont know if the legal system would even consider a good story as justification?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    per your logic has no room here. obviously you were not aware that black people are the only ones that are victims to racism.i should know i am one 16th african american, if any of you buy this game i will round up my brothers and go gangsta on your ass.

looks awesome.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    *shoots arshlevon*

more like 1/16th okay-to-shoot-now
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    God damn, AIDS is bad in Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]It's the cure that'll get ya!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Funny that a majority of the posts consist of people noting the zombies are black.
    I mean where else would resident evil go next?
    Man, I hope that the zombies trip on the zombies that fall as you shoot them.
    Looks chaotic.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    come to india and blow up the sikhs. while ur at it, shoot some cows in front of hindu temples. that'll be the next resident evil. and as long as it doesn't show india as the exaggerated poverty-struck thats usually done, i wouldn't mind it.

on another note: HOLY DAMN! never been a fan of RE, but the graphics on this make me wanna stare at it for hours! i like the sickles being chucked at the player. that felt nice to look at!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    killing whiteys is ok, but blax is bad? Um, isn't THAT racism? Cmon, whiteboys, hold on the politics ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah. Unfortunately thats the way it was in south africa, theres still affirmative action being enforced there even today( white males are the last in line to get a job regardless of skill) and affirmative action isnt seen as racism or prejudice, its government controlled, been that way for 13 years now. So a game where you kill loads of black people might not be recieved too well thats all Im saying.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    killing whiteys is ok, but blax is bad? Um, isn't THAT racism? Cmon, whiteboys, hold on the politics ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apartheid was the norm in South Africa as recently as the 1990s, so I can understand why they may still be a bit sensitive. When you've been racially segregated and relegated to a lower economic, legal and political status in the recent past, seeing a game where the white heroes slaughter the evil black zombie antagonists might rub you the wrong way... even though that isn't the game's message, you might see it in a different light.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    I just like the fact that you can see that one character is from 3dsk smile.gif They are getting lazy:P

Spark
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, maybe it "rubs the wrong way" because zombies were always a symbol for the "dead" middle class media controlled masses in modern pop culture, which just doesn't translate well to a 3rd world slum like setting and thus those zombies arn't really percived as such but rather as desperate people beeing slaughtered?
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just like the fact that you can see that one character is from 3dsk smile.gif They are getting lazy:P

Spark

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too smile.gif Same guy everyone seems to make!
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Spark

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too smile.gif Same guy everyone seems to make!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are You talking about this one ?
    TN_complete020.jpg

can be in Haiti .......I feel some WOODOO there cool.gif.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    looks awesome and its curious i just finished resident evil 4...and i dont mind black people getting killed, but im an insensitive caca head !
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Zombies is zombies! Point and shoot mother fucker! Why be playin' the race card bitches?
    Probably won't get a chance to play this game on release, for I don't see myself getting a PS3 any time too soon. Though there are a few games coming out that is almost making it worth picking up.

-caseyjones
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Zombies is zombies! Point and shoot mother fucker! Why be playin' the race card bitches?
    Probably won't get a chance to play this game on release, for I don't see myself getting a PS3 any time too soon. Though there are a few games coming out that is almost making it worth picking up.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was for 360 as well....
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Jesus fucking christ. Why it it so blown out?
    I'm sure the game looks great... underneath all that contrast.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was for 360 as well....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I could be wrong, but I always assumed Resident Evil was a Sony exclusive game. But considering Resident Evil 4 was also on the GameCube, I most likely am wrong. Will have to check it out and keep my fingers crossed that it will be on the 360.

-caseyjones
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    RE 5 will be on the PS3 and the 360.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, its awesome, and yeah its on 360. So thats good.
  • ebagg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    God, I fucking hate people
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Who do we write to about Left 4 Dead where you can be a black guy and shoot white people?

Or a rich girl and shoot poor people.

Or an old guy and shoot young people.

Or a biker dude and shoot...people in general.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    God, I fucking hate people

[/ QUOTE ]
    I second that, except the only person I don't hate is you Ian <3

Well in RE4 the zombies were of European ethnicity... Being of European origin, I had no problem with this at all. I enjoyed slaying hordes of Euro zombies! Reminds me of the sketchy ass villages most of my family live in. Most of the people there actually look like zombies from all the post-war conflict, harsh working environments and overconsumption of strong ass home made alcohol and cigarettes.

-caseyjones
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

Or a biker dude and shoot...people in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would TOTALLY play a biker shooting bicyclists! YESSSS!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I second that, except the only person I don't hate is you Ian <3

[/ QUOTE ]

<3

lets go shoot zombies all the colors of the rainbow!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    A racial rainbow of zombie death!
    What could be better then ending their breath?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    to be honest they don't appear to be as zombie like as the other games. Slow groaning living dead they are not.

We have entered the dawn of the dead zombie era, where zombies seem to run and wield tools intuitively.

In a few of those cuts it does just look like he's shooting some black dudes, and thats not going to go down well.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    if people want racism to go away, they have to let it.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    It seems to only be racism when it's anything geared towards black people. Asians don't seem to complain when Van Damme comes into our countries and kicks the shit out of us in his movies.
    Goths didn't throw a fit when Wesley Snipes cut them up in Blade.

Jesus H. FUCKING-Christ. Grow up.

Buuuuuuuut. It seems like they're building ontop of the concept they took from RE4. Where you weren't really shooting zombies... just crazed villagers infested by a parasite. Same thing here basically, except with black people.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    I seriously doubt any racist intent, but games are evil and any reason to beat down on them can and will be used against us. Which is sad.
    To be honest I think we need more nipples in games. I think its retarded that its ok to shoot people but I'm not allowed to see a nipple in my game........
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    What a fucking joke. Its racism when you treat people different because of there race/skin color, but they are arguing black people are off limits and should be treated different. So inclusion is racist? Of course there is no racist intent, like they would risk hurting sales by intentionally offending people. If they wanted racism they'd just drop the N-bomb. Rediculous
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    *waiting for weiser_cain to make his yearly appearance in this thread*
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i liked this one :

"Where was this bitching when in the prior Resident Evil games when you were killing zombified white people or zombie Spaniards? Sorry, but equality means taking the bad with the good."

aaha i guess the most racist are the ones that are offended by everything...
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    And another note, what about Land of the Dead? The lead zombie was black, and hunting a bunch of rich white people. Was that racist?

People are stupid.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's kind of ironic anyone would expect zombies to never be black. Sure sprinkle a few in a crowd just make sure they're in the back and don't get shot? Its a sad day when you zombie cast must look like the header pic on a corporate HR website. Especially deep in the heart of an area where white people have to be air dropped in. How did the suit wearing, middle class Asian zombie get into that mob of zombies in central Africa?

Considering where the whole zombie thing got its start, you would think people wouldn't care as much. The first zombie pioneers where black. Should we deny zombies their roots in the name of being PC?

About the angry black women blog: I'm glad her blog is filled with comments that hopefully shed some light on her condition. It's always dangerous when people speak about things they know nothing about. I'm glad the majority of people reading her blog have enough common sense to see thru her BS.

The point people keep bringing up is that the zombies don't look zombie enough. The hallmarks of zombies are blood stains. It has to be hard to paint blood that will be easily recognized at at a distance on such a dark canvas. It doesn't take a preschool art teacher to figure out when you add dark to dark you get more dark. You would think they would choose lighter colored less patterned clothing so they could play up the blood stains.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    If this game is racist then black hawk down is racist. This isn't about the color of the skin of the villagers, it's about the fact that the storyline was set up in this place. Anyone with a few seconds to at least read a short summary of the storyline would realize that it is not racist. Furthermore, if you look at the screenshots or video clips, Chris Redfield isn't gunning down innocent folks, he's defending himself from a mob of infected villagers trying to kill him with blades. Even the genre sums it up, SURVIVAL HORROR, not HATE CRIME SIMULATOR.