Home Technical Talk

Connect shortcut key Max 9

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
I want to say that I was able to assign "connect" as a shortcut key in max 6.5 and it work for vertex, edge, and poly mode (Note: it might have been a meshtools function). In Max 9 I can't seam to assign one shortcut for functionality with all three modes. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

- BoBo

Replies

• JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    this discouraged me as well when i was setting up hot keys, is there anyway to get the current sub object state through max script? if so you could set up an if else statement to check the sub obj mode then use the appropriate connect.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, works fine in Max8, wonder why they broke it in Max 9 ... Tinman is right though, it's pretty easy to write a script to check which subobject mode you're in and perform the correct action for each one.
  • StefanH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StefanH polycounter lvl 12
    hmm that's too bad. I've always used different shortcuts for vertex and edge mode though. What's the function of connect in poly mode? I can't find it in the toolbar.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    I have no idea what is up with this....its works for me fine at work...but not at home ....:(
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    you gotta set your shortcuts the same for edit poly and editable poly.

customize IU/group dropdown/edit poly

and

customize IU/group dropdown/editable poly object

pain in the ass but then your shorcuts work for modifiers and collapsed ojects
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    retarded!!

Thanks that did it

- BoBo
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    ok this is strange...my W E R don't do anything in UVW edit.
    I checked to make sure the hotkeys were assigned.
    Yep.
    Checked to see if they were enabled.
    Yep
    I even reset to default and they still didn't work. What the hell. I can't get stitch to work, and the other keys in uvw edit and can't get my connect tool to work across the board.

I'm using max 9 64 bit... Stupid Autodesk and stupid me for using the 64 bit version. It is a tad bit faster though. Argh...anyone else run into this?
  • CodeFather
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CodeFather polycounter lvl 15
    I have a question concerning shortcuts, too - Is it posible to switch different shortcut layouts with a click of a button ? For instance, the first layout will contain all the editible poly functions , while the second one will be for polyboost commands, and the switch is as easy as tabbing CTRL + L
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    hmmm never thought of that one CodeFather...that could be quite handy though.

And as for my 64 bit problems. I think it may come from chuggnuts uv tools in the 64 bit. I fired up 32 bit and the functions work fine. UVW that is...not sure about the connect stuff.

Probably just some thing with the 64 bit programming.