Home General Discussion

Concert of Awesome

Uly
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Uly polycounter lvl 15
Tonight, Roger Waters (formerly of Pink Floyd) appeared at GM Place in Vancouver for what was a fucking kick your dick into your eyeballs concert. Advertised was the album, Dark Side of the Moon, one of Floyd's best, which would prove to be a good night. Got so much more than we paid for.

Went with another Polycounter. Anybody else go?

Pics pics pics! (Sorry for shitty quality. Cellphone doesn't take best pics.)

01.jpg
Calm before the storm.

02.jpg
Rock and Roll 'splosion onstage. Waters starts out with "In the Flesh".

0piggo.jpg
Just when things couldn't get any more awesome, the infamous flying pig appeared in a goddamn beam from heaven.

0piggie.jpg
Another piggie shot. This thing was awesome. There were astronaut ones as well, but I didn't get a photo.

03.jpg
Awesome laser scan of crowd. How do you make lasers 'more' awesome?

04.jpg
You have a giant prism from the album cover drop down... Which also shoots lasers.

05.jpg
Some guy salutes the performance.

06.jpg
Concert wraps up. Amazing encore followed, ending with Comfortably Numb.

Good fucking day.

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I think he was or has played around here sometime ago / soon... was kinda bummed cause the stadium he was gonna play at is the same one I saw the Rolling Stones at back in high school, and while it would be neat to see this, I don't think I'd enjoy the venue from way the hell back.

Either way... Floyd effin' rocks. smile.gif
  • mikebart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he came here too, I missed it though frown.gif,
    if you ever get a chance to see the Pink Floyd experience, do it man, they're a cover band but they put on an awesome show, lazers, explosions and all that, they sound pretty bang on too.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Fuck! I'm jealous.

Looks like an awesome show.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    James you lucky bastage! Looks like a hell of a time.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    When I saw the thread title I knew you had gone to the same concert! I actually went to the one in Vegas. I flew out with my friend and his parents, it was definitely the best concert I've been to. The pig rocked wink.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Damn, must've been sweet! But expensive huh? Looks like a huge venue and you were in the nosebleed section, could you clearly see what was going on on-stage?
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Oh yes, we could see clearly, until we realized there was no surreal stage setup with a giant whiskey bottle, it was just a screen... Amazing show though!
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    Heheh. It wasn't bad for what we got, but the higher end tickets were getting quite pricey. Wasn't exactly financially stable when the tickets were purchased, so got what I could. (Worth every effin' penny though.)

: ( I could see a vague blur, I forgot to bring my glasses along with me, but they had large screens that were easier to read at the distance. Like Quasar said, they had this weird projection on the screen area, that looked like a surreal, cozy wooden stage, with a giant bottle of skotch, with a giant glass for drinking said skotch. Very confusing, until it started moving.

That being said, wear your glasses to concerts!