Home Technical Talk

unreal and matinee's....any pro's out there???

fritz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fritz polycounter lvl 18
i have two questions...one: in a matinee curve editor...is there any way to "reset" the curve editor? say for example...you begin working on an animation...and you want to revert back to the beginning before you edited it. this would be somewhat similar to have a bind pose or something in max.

two: does anyone know a good efficient way to "stop all matinees" ...some kind of set up in kismet?

anyone? thanks.

Replies

• Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    Unreal engine 2 or 3?

Edit: Saw Kismet, Unreal 3 I guess. : ( Hopefully you can extract something from Unreal 2's matinee. I hear it's quite different, but it should still follow the same principles. Beziers are like anything else, you move them, they stay moved, they don't have a fixed state. (Unless you revert the curve points back to linear, and then to bezier mayhaps.)

UNREAL 2
    Cause to answer your first question for Unreal Engine 2's editor, not really. As far as I can remember, you can undo bezier tweaks, but you're pretty limited to file saves, which you should do often, as the Matinee editor *loves* to crash. On the flipside, it's pretty predictable as to what will cause it to crash.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    oh crap. sorry, unreal 3.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    In matinee, it would be easier to select the curve point in the graph editor and move it to 0, or just delete the animation sequence in the matinee. All depends on how complicated your animation graph is in the matinee window. are you allowed to post a screenshot?

for the kismet, if you wanted to stop a matinee from playing, either setup a remote event or a trigger in your scene to stop the event. Did you want to stop the matinee mid-way or just at the end.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i don't think i can post any screens. thanks for the tips. will try out. i'm kinda the middle man for one of our animators so....i may not be asking it as well as i could.

thanks again.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    best to post your questions on udn mailing list. You will get alot of help from other developers and Epic themselves.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    awesome. thanks mang!!!