Home General Discussion

LOST - season 3

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I was doing the ARG, but it started getting WAY too involved. It didn't even feel connected to the show anymore. I stopped messing with it when they took thehansofoundation.org down (even though it's back up now). I checked just prior to the show and there was an overwelming amount of details to catch up... so I just said screw it :/
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    oooh Look what I found!!!
    Very Cool, and very Spoileriffic! watch at your own risk!
    Olivar Hanso and the numbers
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Josh, that's the conclusion of the ARG. During the summer they released clips of a video, that YouTube link is the video in its entirety.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well there you go! smile.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    wow! lots of stuff happened tonight! and less commericals!

I'll save the comments for tomorow when everyone else has seen it. OMG Jun ...............
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    A better episode than the premiere, this makes me happy. I'm a saucy rascal, so I'll go ahead and comment now.

**SPOILERS**

-I am extremely annoyed that military bad ass Sayid didn't stop to think that, just maybe, The Others might come by sea as well as by land. I thought of it before it happened, and so should anyone with common sense.

-I'm so glad Sun shot that chick, and I hope she got a kill. It's about time our Losties drew some blood.

-Sawyer is awesome. "You taste like strawberries."

-the wussification of Jack seems to continue, as he's mesmerized by the video tape. The whole build up about the Red Sox was great, but after all he's seen, why doesn't he assume this is a lie like everything else?

-Ben/Henry has spent his WHOLE LIFE on the island? Wow, now that's interesting. I hope that detail isn't dragged out all season, I want to know more.

-Next week, we finally get Eko, Locke and the rest of the crew. Looking forward to it, Locke looked like a man possessed in the preview footage!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    UGH! I missed the episode! Hopefully I can download it to catch up. Does anyone know if iTunes is offering the episode for download yet?
  • spitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 18
    i think you can watch tonight's episode on abc.com tomorrow.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Images, and not really spoilers:
    e60afcb00310913c68a687fdf7437952f7601cce.jpg
    d8e47c664afa234259b85498e6a92171c016572d.jpg
    0b5112abe13cb993a3a10f6f7e817e0bebde4e53.jpg
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Too bad Kate is getting married to Charlie in real life. Does anyone else find that as an odd match? Not that I had a chance with her myself wink.gif

Although I liked the episode, I felt like it didn't go anywhere. A few details came out, but it felt kind of drug out :/

****Spoiler***

It was interested to see that Sun HAD cheated on Jin. I suspected that earlier with the English lessons, but they kind of played it off before as if nothing had happened.

I've also noticed that Ben and that other chick seem to have a history... like they were together and now he was with the one that was shot last night.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounded to me like Kate and Charlie were the only single ones on the show, so it had to happen right wink.gif. Plus Charlie used to be a hobbit!

**spoiler**

Now we know about the payment that Jun had to give for learning english.

When Sayid and Jin were on the island waiting, why go so far inwards. I would of hid behind the docks and ambushed them approaching. It all felt a little too planned out, that we knew they are going to fail and get the boat.

I was surprised that Jun shot that lady, but she did say that if they got to the boat she had nothing to live for.

"you taste like strawberries" <--- Best line so far from sawyer.

Ben and that blonde woman definately had something going on wink.gif Overall, alot better episode. less commericals breaks made it definately more enjoyable. next week we get to see Locke and Eko!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee, we seem to be in complete agreement wink.gif
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "you taste like strawberries" <--- Best line so far from sawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Except that it was actually a quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer that they made a shout out to.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So it wasn't the best line from Sawyer so far?
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thoughts from tonights episode

***** spoilers *****

a good episode showing what Locke was like and what he was doing with the drug growers.

The whole voodoo sequence where he saw Boone was pretty cool. I thought it was funny that Henry/Ben was the security guard at the airport. Did you notice that sawyer and Kate were definately a couple and Jack was flying solo.

I thought the polar bear scene was a little lame, it still looks very CG, but what was up with the tonka truck?

Next weeks episode looks like they really torture sawyer, its looks pretty freaky!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooOOOOOooooo... Desmond is getting weird...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah, I thought this week's was a little bananas. Locke's flashback was really interesting - more so than the stuff happening on the island this week.

Desmond's from the future.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting episode, I liked the whole hallucination part. Desmond thing is pretty interesting.

But, these commercials are just driving me up the wall. I am almost at the point where I am just going to download the whole episode the day after on bit torrent. This season it seems the show starts to get interesting, then BAM commercial. I don't know how much more of it I can take.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually prfer to TiVo shows and watch them an hour later anyway - nothing beats fastforward.

About tonight's episode, it has some good setup, but that's pretty much it. Kind of like one of last year's mid-season episodes, in that nothing really seemed to happen. Agreed about the nifty Boone flashback, but I'm actually getting a little annoyed with these random psychic insights. WTF was up with Desmond's prediction?
  • Kytos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kytos polycounter lvl 18
    I'm wondering when Locke's flashback took place. He could still walk. But he was already at peace with his situation with his dad. When did all this happen?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the episode. As usual, they are opening up more questions and answering none again, but still fun. I agree about the commercials... Show a flashback, come back to see Lock do something small on the island... then commercial. The only thing those commercials are driving me to buy is a TiVo unit. Rediculous.

****Spoiler*****
    I'm curious why the left the flashback like they did. Locke lowers the gun, but didn't you just sense that he was going to lift it back quickly and shoot the cop? I'm curious if the events from that day, somehow lead to his disability. As a side note though, the cop referenced how good of a guy John was again... Like Ben had in the hatch.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    ****Spolers (sorta)****

Was the guy that ran the pot farm with the lady an Other or something? He looks really familar from the show. Desmond having powers was kinda lame. I think everyone saw that coming. I liked the airport bit, especially about not helping Claire and Charlie...yet.

I thought introducing the new characters, Pablo (or whatever) and the girl at the beach was predictable. I've been telling my wife since the first episode they could introduce people by making them background chars for a few weeks and then storyline chars after. Even though you've never heard about them before.

I'm glad there's only 3 more episodes till a cliffhanger. Cause that's the only time there's major advancement in the stories it seems. I'm guessing the cliffhanger is that there are Other Others or something to that effect. Cause where are all the kids that got taken from the tail section group?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, there definitely is another group on that island. I'm curious if the 'others' know, or if only the Losties are aware of them and assuming they are part of the others.

I don't recognize either of the pot growers, but it wouldn't surprise me to find them tied in... or maybe the cop.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    happy with the series so far, although the formula is getting a bit transparent:

start
    story build
    flash back
    story questions
    flash back
    story answers
    sad or euphoric moment
    cliffhanger
    end

it's like that for nearly every damn episode. I know that makes TV but they should quit with the "sad or euphoric" bits at the end, same fucking music everytime.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely better than last week's episode. At least it got back to a bit of the weird/supernatural shit again and Locke turning into Survivor Man again.

I thought it was kinda' annoying and uneccesary when Charlie said something like, "Woah, nice speech." That's like saying, "for all you idiots that don't get it yet, Desmond can see the future now and this is what he was talking about." :P Although I'm ashamed to admit I had to explain that to my gf cause she didn't catch on to it. frown.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually thought the same thing about Charlie saying that. It honestly wasn't much of a speech either, definitely not something worth saying 'Nice speech'.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    I also think there is another group besides the others, I believe I heard Ben and that fake-beard-guy say 'dont worry, were to good guys!' at least 2 times now...

It also seems every major character killed someone sometime in their past(Locke probably killed the cop-kid, he said he was a hunter and all...), wonder if there is a coincedence.

I wonder if those polar bears came from the cages in the Zoo that Kate and Sawyer are being kept. I REALLY hate the shitty CGI for them btw frown.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if those polar bears came from the cages in the Zoo that Kate and Sawyer are being kept.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even think about that. Hmmm. And yeah, the CG could be a little better. Or go with some clever camera tricks.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I figured that the instant the one guy told sawyer that it took the bears 4hrs(?).

Spoon: I was thinking the same about people killing someone in their past. That's sort of why I expected to see Locke raise that gun back up. Especially since he said he's the hunter.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thoughts on last nights LOST: 10/25/06

***Spoliers****

Sawyers past was very interesting. The whole heart monitor bit was funny when kate was getting undressed. His heart almost exploded. ^^ or so he thought.

I was surprised that they were on a different island. From the opening of the season, it looked like the settlement was on the crash island. Unless the underground area goes under the sea to the next island which is how they get food and cable TV.

I wonder who is the Other thats dying wink.gif based on those xray scans. This episode was pretty good.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my question is why the hell cant the Lostie's Island see the Other's Island?
    and Sawyer is one of my favorite characters now.
    (sayid is still the man though)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Again, I was able to predict that the heart monitor was fake. Either I'm getting to know the show good enough to predict things, or they are trying to make people feel smarter.

The rumors on the internet was that they were on another island... guess that panned out smile.gif Very cool to see the other island. It makes sense why they may not be aware of another group. It also explains why they didn't have to go up the dock to get to the sailboat.

I loved the heart monitor going up when Kate was undressed and Sawyer's reaction. Funniest moment in the show.

The preview makes it look like the Xrays are Ben's. Obviously they like to play games with their previews though. My current expectation is it's Ben though.

I also loved next week's preview with eye patch guy. That was cool/creepy. One thing I think I noticed though is, the monitor room was only for areas of that island. I think Ben's monitor room is only on their island. Maybe there are special hatches on BOTH islands.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, last night was a great episode. Best so far this season.

**SPOILERS**
    One thing that may mask the island is magnetic interference. There might be enough magnetic energy to distort light, which would mask all of those islands. At least, from short distances. Perhaps this is why Ben was concerned that they had a sail boat? If they sail out too far, they may find the island.
    Overall it was great. Can't wait for next week. Who the f' is the dude with the eyepatch?!?! Maybe Radznisky? Can't wait!!
    smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    my question is why the hell cant the Lostie's Island see the Other's Island?
    and Sawyer is one of my favorite characters now.
    (sayid is still the man though)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are on the wrong side of the island. The lostie's island appears much larger. Does seem like they would have noticed it by now though (Like when they went up the mountain).

Eko is still the man though IMO wink.gif (But Sawyer and Sayid are my other favs)
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    one of these is the island they're on:

cap0109tm.jpg
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode.

The tumor is Benry's.

The man with the patch is probably the owner of the glass eye the Lostie's found in The Arrow (hatch).

The Lostie's can't see the small island because the island they are own is friggin' HUGE compared to the one the Others are on. They might see it eventually, they'd have to traverse the entire perimeter of the island to do it.

Oh, and images:
    3bd52a88b352be7f51a9ced058d5ab8fb90e6013.jpg

Copy/paste these into your browser:
    http://img.waffleimages.com/a97eaa319975045d3daab6a9f9f6f2a8018541d9/3x05-man-cap397.jpg

http://img.waffleimages.com/acd3514257878fd2e7ccfe6a49caea74664cdbd5/3x05-man-cap867.jpg

4a167bbc36f8a8dbc6dcec9ed637fc51c061fd2b.jpg
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, my guess would be that the tumor is Ben's as well. But then again, maybe that's too obvious. It's also a given, that the glass eye the tailies found in the arrow belongs to our eye-patched friend. But more importantly, WHO is he!? smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My guess is he is an other other. My theory is that there is a group of crazy others that live like the French woman. More tribal then the main group of the others. You haven't seen the rest of the kids that were taken from the tail section. I think they have something to do with that and the guy that was in the cell next to Sawyer. We'll see in 2 weeks with the cliffhanger I guess.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I think Jeffro is right, we will find out that Ben and Juliet are really the good guys (sort of I still can't see how ethan rom could be a good guy). And there are a group of more Wild others That took the kids from the tailies.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    huh? did I cmpletely miss something? When did you see a guy with an eyepatch???

And, how the hell did Hurley WALK back to the losties island after he was released by the others? cool.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At the end of the clip for next weeks episode there's an eye patch dude. Hurley walked...very slowly. A few episodes worth. It's taking Sayid and the Koreans a while to get back as well.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    huh? did I cmpletely miss something? When did you see a guy with an eyepatch???

[/ QUOTE ]

It was at the end-of-episode preview, just a quick cut of a guy with an eyepatch, seen on a hatch surveillance monitor.

[ QUOTE ]
    And, how the hell did Hurley WALK back to the losties island after he was released by the others? cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, good observation. I think that when the other three Losties were captured, they were taken underground while blindfolded and over to the other island via a tunnel. WE know that Jack's cell is in a sub-aquatic portion of whatever hatch the Others are using, so a connection between the islands makes sense.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, when Hurley was told to walk back they were still on the main island. Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were led to the other island via underground tunnel or somesuch something AFTER Hurley had left.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im so sad.
    HUGE SPOILER*****

r.i.p Mr.ecko
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dude...no kidding.
    That actually pisses me off. He was an awesome character.

Still seemed more like a story-building episode, and not so much information. All of these season 3 episodes have felt like that. Next week's mid-season finale had BETTER answer some farken questions.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Another episode I enjoyed. Eko was played out of character I found, even in his flashbacks.

I've some theories on the smoke monster that are a little long winded so I'll save it for another time. The gist is that its made of dead people. The Dharma Initiative is into Life Extension. Maybe they succeeded in some horrific new way - they live on in the smoke monster.

Lostpedia page for this episode: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Cost_of_Living

Oh, and images!

Perlman?
    80f87a37df3065aa3decc38642a9186f31b78f4c.jpg

hallucinate.gif

9c779e3941db4b0ed63de2b4817f614436be5b90.jpg

a96ec042b039a0e6790b2aa8fd0ca82e5b0fbdb5.jpg
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty alright episode, I hope they had a good reason for killing Eko off, he was a great character.

The fall finale better be good, or else I will be pretty disappointed with the first quarter or so of the season...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, all 3 that have violated Hawaiian traffic laws have been killed off. I was told that if you don't live there and you violate their traffic laws, you get expelled from the island. Don't know if that's true or not, but that makes sense, and I was told this a long time ago when Michelle Rodriguez had initially broken the law, well before she was killed off.

I'm sad that Eko is gone. frown.gif

Oh, and the current theory is that the smoke monser can shape shift. Also, that it had taken the shape of Vincent this whole time to learn about the people.
    Think about it.
    The producers also went on record as saying that we missed a huge clue in the first 3 seconds of the pilot episode. In those seconds, Jack wakes up and Vincent comes out of the bush. (supposidly, you can see the smoke monster pass by in the reflection of Jack's eye, but I haven't checked that myself.)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    My theory is that Jack is still being conned by Ben to see if he really can be trusted to do the surgery. With the previews showing them operating and the other previews showing scenes that were not in the show you cant trust them any more. Am i the only one who has noticed that?
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now that is a pretty interesting theory about Vincent. Haven't thought of that at all. Would make sense...