Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

parasite eve for 12 year old here!

morrowindsky81993
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
morrowindsky81993 polycounter lvl 17
I really want a PE (Parasite Eve) model for either quake 3 or 2! Could somebody please get this 12 year old an Aya Brea model? or at least eve? PLZZZZZZZ!

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not too sure about whether anyone still works with Q2 or 3 but you should really add pictures because not everyone has an idea WTF Parasite Eve is.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 were Playstation games published by Squarsoft, based off a JHorror book. I believe there may even be a movie.

I'm sure anyone interested in making this model would know exactly who Eve and Aya Brea are (not to mention just about everyone who plays console games. Even still, you would increase your chances by posting some images of the character.

The chance of getting a person to do that is pretty slim, BUT, people on this website can point you to the resources and software you'll need so that you can learn to do it yourself! Most folks here got started just like you, wanting to see one of their favorite characters in Quake, and you are never too young to learn how.
  • warby
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    i am suprised there are none yet ?! are you sure you have looked around long enaugh
  • diZzyWalnut
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    What's great game - I've realy enjoyed this game - I still remember the fight with special power - good idea .

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/PE2/index.html
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    it's a fairly generic female. just a blonde girl in a leather jacket and jeans. i'm sure you can just alter an exsisting model or texture to suit what you want.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    well, I'm a modeler noob. i only use stuff like sim city 3000 building architect. That's as close i can get. But, I'll try. Thanks!

P.S. - I need a program to do that, or at least a g-max tutorial.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    gmax has been discontinued for awhile now, you might want to try Blender instead.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    I already have GMax. I have SimCity 4 BAT and Tempest.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes but Blender is free. If you can't use GMax you can just as well start learning Blender instead.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously though, I'm thinking of starting to learn Blender myself. Microsoft are trying to pass laws here to make it legal to spy on everything your computer has, so I think going the open source route is the way of the future.
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Microsoft are trying to pass laws here to make it legal to spy on everything your computer has, so I think going the open source route is the way of the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats quite a claim... care to share your source for that statement?
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    wmp10's eula is a good start
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    that's nothing new... not saying I think it's a good thing... but having a couple lines in a eula (and the ability to deactivate the feature) and trying to "pass laws here to make it legal to spy on everything your computer has" are slightly different things. Let's not add to the pile of problems already caused by misinformation.

I wish I had something of move relevance to add to this thread... sorry mang. Good advice given so far, Gmax and Blender are both good places to start.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure the link will work tomorrow since this is the cover story for this week and the new one comes out tomorrow.

Link
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Wow, that's not very cool at all. Thanks for providing the link... I hope the people voting on that bill will have enough sense to throw it back in the faces of those who wrote it (and not ever sign anything like it into law). There goes a little more of my trust/respect for MS.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum post...
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Holy derailment batman!
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, back on track please. I have no idea how to model. How do you make a basic body with blender? the equation of me:

kid + dreams of game creating + blender = confused.gif

See? the formula of my gaming life.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Start with the documentation. You don't need to know everything, for starters editmode and object mode basics are enough. Then you can grab a modeling tutorial (like this) to learn how to model. I'm sure there are other tutorials for game modeling but I haven't used a tutorial in years (I started with interface tutorials and learned the rest by doing but that took me years to get anywhere and I wouldn't recommend it).
  • Zergxes
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    Its great to get into 3d but given your age I would say also draw (paint, sculpt) as much as you can, and pay attention in math class. If you can get into programming, all the better. Lots of places want folks who can be both formidible artists and brillant techs. Another route is writing, games need scripts and stories. You also have the business/marketing side of games.

Good luck.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, yes, the maths... The stuff you think you'll never need in real life until you start programming 3d graphics.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    i agree. math is very useful. the main thing i'm looking into: RECREATING G-POLICE! oh, and finding an Aya Brea model for quake 3. But, i'm only in middle school, and i have no ability to change courses, due to the mental retardation of constant schedule. so, once i'm in high school, i'll see if they have different choices of courses, and actually get into math and programming, plus art for creating characters and using creativity. thanks for the inspiration!
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by Downsizer
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    How does Quake 2 require normalmapping?
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Misread the post. He says 2 or 3, thought it said 3 or 4. So in his case it's even simpler. Find one of the hundreds of already released models of generic females and skin it.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    blender is total garbage, the tools dont allow learning flexibility and i've rearely seen good model output from blender artists. it's just seriously lacking tools and ease of use.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? The outlandish interface is one of its biggest points by not being a button farm, and I take it you never seen kdr and i's work
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheap, your work is hardly what I consider good. I've been watching your work for years and years and it's changed for the better yes, but at an incredibly slow rate. Though I commend you for actually finishing projects and getting them in game.

Yes there are some nice renders on the blender gallery. But it does'nt change the fact that it has better alternatives in my opinion.

No studio uses blender, think about it cheap. no school I know of teaches on blender. it's not a learning level tool. it's free granted, but not everyone is keen to being forced into memorizing keystrokes.

silo is a hundred bucks, and leaps and bounds above blender. i'm not going to drag this on further. defend it all you want, but step back and realize how small of a user base it has compared to other apps.

Both you and KDR have been at my throat for months. It's just opinion. The app is free, have him try it out, if he likes it good whatever. if not take opinions of other posters.

I mean good god look at this, wtf yourself:
    http://blender3d.org/cms/typo3temp/pics/7192ac1a9b.jpg

• CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    So you're suggesting rather costly software to a 12 year old instead?

Spiderman 2 used Blender iirc.
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    I would say silo is easier to learn than blender regardless of age. I personally use max, I mentioned silo because it's cost is substantially lower. Costly is in the eye of the beholder, i'm sure at one point he can sacrifice not buying 2 games for a month or so.

Yes i'm the devil Cheapy and out to hurt 12 year old kids... i'm suggesting if he really wants to learn how to model, that he learn on something easier and more industry standard than blender. I was learning truspace around 12, it was 80 bucks, and i bought it with my own money. It's not entirely out of the question, and i'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt on being a reasonably smart kid.

The fact is, he needs to learn the art first. blender comes off to me as less artist friendly than other options. If he is fine with it, then thats great like i said twice now.

is'nt gmax free? wings3d? silo learning edition, maya learning edition? all you ever do cheap is market this app over and over, have an open mind and let other people give opinions who actually do this for a living/paid on the side whatever.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, it was me who originally suggested it. When I was 12 it would have taken me about 5 months to save that kind of money. Seems like a better idea to spend that time learning instead. But good point, I guess some 12 year olds do have tons of money.
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a job at 12, guess i did assume a bit much. Idealy sculpture would be his best medium would'nt it?
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmax? Gmax is so out of date that it hurts. Do you want him to learn Edit Mesh? That's pretty far from "industry standard". Never mind that you can't get data out of it in any reasonable way, you have to export into Quake 3 and import with something else.

I don't see what's easier about Silo but I've only used the trial when it just came out. Does it have animation yet?

Wings isn't a complete package either, after he has the mesh done he has to use something else for the rest of the way.

Maya PLE may work, it has that annoying watermark and yet again the "no export" problem but at least it's not horribly outdated like GMax.

Do people even use the GUI for common functions in other apps? Do they really click on an icon in a symbol bar when they want to go from translation to rotation? Last time I checked all common functions are mapped to hotkeys anyway when a pro is using an app.

I don't know why you think the user's progress in art quality has to do with the app he uses, if I was using Maya I'd still not know enough about anatomy, I'd still not be able to paint a decent texture (and I'm using the freaking industry standard app for THAT) and I still couldn't read refs.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    whoa whoa whoa! i just need ONE program. cheap, efficient, and easy. I'm no modeler, no skinner, no nothing! (pardon the double-negative.) all i wanted is an aya brea model, and here i am reading all this gobbledygook! geez! all this over a female q3a model! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    And since Silo can't export MD3s, and neither can Wings, then Blender is your choice.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, this topic is dead. I still love Quake, but I'm moving on to the SiN series. I have the latest one, and it came with the first one. The reason I got it was not just for playing, but for remembering SiN 1. I also don't think model creation on the computer is my thing anymore. I still work with it every once in a while, but that is all. I'm also thinking of asking for an FPS Creator section. I think it would make sense, this place being what it is. Thanks to all who posted here!

P. S. - FPS Creator is what the title says: First Person Shooter Creator. No coding, just click and drop, premade scripts, physics, great graphics, just about anything that needs coding. Except you don't write lines of code. It's already coded for you.

frown.gif GOODBYE!* frown.gif

*-for now...
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    fps creator you mean really more limited than pie3d gcs long time load crap shooter maker
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    listen. Coding sucks, right? I'd rather make a second-rate game than sitting at the computer for hours upon hours of typing lines of code, which probably will have an abundance of errors i can't figure out. I, on the other hand, don't need that. FPS Creator is actually very easy and useful. and no, i'm not lazy, i just don't think coding is my thing. Did you even USE IT before? HUH?! And the loading times? WORTH THE WAIT!
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    This thread is funny.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    well, i give up. there isn't an aya model, and there never will be. i can't program, model, yada yada yada, and this post's topic is variable, so this is goodbye. do not post unless you feel a need to. (yeah right) I will rarely be checking this post from here on out. frown.gif
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    gotta love kids ahahaha ! morrowidn996540695 , if you want it badly, noone is gonna waste his time making it for you, its the truth, unless that people has too much freetime, instead of asking others to do the job for you why not TRY to grab some 3d package, TRY to learn its bases and sosososo on...
    or you can grab the trial of 3ds max 8 that lasts 30days !!
  • dower
    Offline / Send Message
    dower polycounter lvl 17
    I'm a lurker, so pardon for the intrusion.
    I believe Silo has a free learning edition if someone wants to get their feet wet before buying it.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    I noticed something about this topic. it is, at least on what i can see on the "Requests" category, the most replied topic on this category. i know it was probably beaten in the past, i just wanted to point something out. thx all! morrowindsky81993 out.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    so you've made the most whiniest request thread on the forums, congratulations.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Usually the biggest threads in the Requests forum are the flamewars. And the Spinning Quad.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert, i am not going to start an argument about something like this. I recommend you keep your mouth shut if you are planning a flamewar. i don't want to deal with that.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Then why not just stop dealing with it instead of trying to start a fight?

Either leave the forum, move on and post somewhere other than this thread (on polycount) or just ignore comments like Cheapy's, if they really bother you.
  • Xaltar
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    We all say dumb things once in a while and often so do other people, just ignore it or as SupRore said, stop posting. Saying "shut your mouth" is a sure way to get peoples backs up. I often post crap that seems to make sense to me at the time but when I look back I realise it was rubbish and more often than not I get flamed for it. There is no point in being angry about it, if anything, learn from it or just ignore it and get on with your life. Try to think how people will respond to your posts a bit before you post and you can avoid a lot of trouble. Some of the guys here are quick to jump on things they see as unsuitable or childish and although I don't like that sort of thing they are entitled to their opinion.

*gets ready to be flamed again* laugh.gif
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, i guess you're right. but, so nobody starts something else, i'd like to request to an administrator that this post be locked. a flamewar is almost certainly going to happen, and i want to keep that from happening. It isn't because i hate you people, it's because this has just gone completely pointless to continue rambling about this. Please lock this post whenever you wish.

13 year old dork is OUTTA here.

p. s. - i don't think i should be signed up for polycount, me being the age i am. i put in 1975 so i could sign up. i can't stand being limited for age. but, i will have to deal with the consequences, whatever they may be. frown.gif At the time of signing up, I figured, like every other site I have gone to, (Today Polycount, Tomorrow Nickelodion) I had to be 17 or older. but, i am really into this stuff, so it was irresistable. That year I put was not when I was born. It was 1993. Now all that's left is having to bite the bullet. administrators, i apologize for the fake info, i can't bear being held back from things i like.

GOODBYE...
    probably for good...
This discussion has been closed.