Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm not dead! Ogre and NEW GAME DEMO!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone, I was just wanting to post something to show you I'm not dead. Here is an ogre that I started a while back, he's not done or anything, but I was mainly wanting to show off our in-house sculpting tool, like Zbrush. So far it has just been for me to fart around with making Normal maps, but if people are interested we may develop it further, once my programmer gets some more time on his hands!

Keep in mind, I am a mediocre modeller at best, and this is what I cooked up:

Low poly
ogre0.jpg

High poly in our editor (retarded-looking right now, but it works!)
ogre1.jpg

And the error-ridden normal map generated from Melody (Did I mention we're poor? :P) I don't know why, some of the parts didn't map over.
ogre2.jpg

Hope you guys like the ogre, and let me know if you guys are interested in a cheaper sculpting solution than Zbrush. I'll also be posting our entry into a game competition in just a few days, so I'm still kickin'!

Replies

• Zergxes
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    The model is alright but i like it just. Subject matter is pretty bland--somewhat orgrish looking chump with normal maps. He's naked. It's alright but the anatomy is a bit wonked and he's got a case of the playdoughs.

You should work on distributing polies better in that low poly. His poor chest is a cutting board and the lower legs have more polies than it right now.

Anyway, keep it up. Practice practice practice practice.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Zergxes: Tried it out, couldn't get it to work right, it was giving me crazy coordinates for some reason; I'll play with it some more, though.

Stoofoo: Yeah this guy was just some practice on trying to finish up something I started; thanks for the crits!

We recently finished our entry for a competition at shmup-dev.com; it's a quick Red Baron-style shoot-em-up type thing. Here's the link to the download:

Astronomo Rex (8.31 mb)

It requires a pixel shader 2 capable card (we didn't have enough time to put in stuff for lower-end cards). GeForce FX, 6xxx, 7xxx, Radeon 9500+

There's a readme that has all the instructions. Hope you guys enjoy!