Home General Discussion

Epic VP slams Nintendo Revolution controller

Replies

• Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Dude. I was pretty sure it is common knowledge that if you have seizures you shouldn't play video games. If they didn't know, it is their own fault for being ignorant about something they (as people dealing with the disease) should obviously know about (ie, seizures in general)
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dude. I was pretty sure it is common knowledge that if you have seizures you shouldn't play video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How have you drawn this conclusion?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen it happen but that was once in about twenty years of videogame addiction.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Without a notice the game could cause a seisure

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    if you have seizures you shouldn't play video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

idiot. laugh.gif
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, the fact that I knew it when I was 8 years old before they started putting those warnings on everything...

Funny thing is if I said ass(arse for you Brits) wiping was common knowledge some guy with a shitty ass would be posting on here to dispute the fact.

[edit]

[ QUOTE ]
    Is Hawkings a idiot because he cant talk correctly and needs help to use the bathroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man Hawken, I just read this. I didn't mean to offend you.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Is Hawkings a idiot because he cant talk correctly and needs help to use the bathroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STEPHEN HAWKING(S?)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I think he knew that, and was joking, Cheap
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So since you knew it at eight years, that means everyone else did as well? We are all Ninjas clones!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Speaking of which I need to do a number 2.. help?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That reminds me of when I shot my movie, in the climax I wrote a line for the bad guy (who has just been discovered as a murderer by the good guy) that went "Oh, you're so smart. A real Stephen Hawking... well, you'll be even more like him when I put you in a wheelchair!" [pointing a gun at the good guy], and the actor who was playing the role had NEVER heard of Stephen Hawking. Pretty amazing what people don't know.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    to be fair i think after that whole debacle with the Pokemon episode (or other japanese tv show) that sent a bunch of japanese kids to SeizureTown, the visibility of the issue has been much greater. i can't remember a videogame that didn't have a 'may cause seizures' disclaimer in the manual for at least the past 5 years, definitely more.

it's unfortunate what happened with that particular individual, but i think the burden of vigilance is most definitely on the part of the person with seizure disorder.

i had a friend in college who was allergic to milk protein; eating out with him at our favorites like Steak 'N Shake really made realize how much attention he had to pay when ordering. the waitress mistakenly thinking he ordered cheese on his sandwich could send him into horrible allergic reaction, possibly even a coma.
    but should it be the responsibility of every single waittress to ask a patron if they're allergic to milk protein or peanuts or what have you every time they take an order?
    i don't think so, and neither did my friend. sure, it's a pain in the ass, but that's just the way he has to live life.

someone with that kind of seizure disorder has to be cognizant of the common agitators of the condition and be wary of them. coffee is hot and doesn't belong spilled on your crotch, electrical appliances don't go into the bathtub with you.. if you're Superman, you avoid Kryptonite. we get enough warnings on common sense subjects, Nintendo shouldn't be help accountable for a person's lack of responsibility to their own life.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    and the actor who was playing the role had NEVER heard of Stephen Hawking. Pretty amazing what people don't know

[/ QUOTE ]

What an idiot.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man oXY, I'm glad we're on the same page now. Most people believe those who choose to be ignorant deserve a cookie or something.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure it's standard protocol for any Dr to tell you, "hey stay away from flashing lights". Thankfully people don't listen to thier Dr's much and I get to sit thru one more screen of annoying garbage before I get to play games...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Most people believe those who choose to be ignorant deserve a cookie or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

• Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is that your standard response to everything? I used my brain, that's how. How do you come to your conclusions?

I have read literally hundreds of articles in which people are rewarded for being stupid, this seizure one being an example. "Too stupid to read the game manual? Too stupid to listen to your docter? Too stupid to know anything about your own medical condition? Lets give you some money!"

I have met so many people in my life that could have done better. I'm no brainiac. There is nothing special about me. The reason I am the way I am is because I educated myself instead of wasting my time.

So you really think that Nintendo, a company made up of hard working artists like us; people who just want to make fun games, should have to suffer some idiot killed himself through his own ignorance?

I hope when your mod comes out that you guys get raped by a bunch of lawyers. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars do you think you deserve to pay because you didn't take into account some person's rare medical condition? Does that scenerio make it easier for you to understand?

I don't want any bad blood here, but I am having a really have a hard time grasping where you are coming from.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if I added wink.gif it would have been too obvious.. wink.gif
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, didn't mean to freak out.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, didn't mean to freak out.

[/ QUOTE ]

its cool. we all know thats what ninjas do.

oxy's just lucky his head wasn't kicked right off
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bring it on biatch!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think oXY is a pirate in disguise, but I'm too busy kicking my mom right in the face to care.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The guy was an epileptic, suffered from seizures quite often, played videogames all day (for quite a few years up to his death) and died when he banged his head on a table during a seizure. Even SNES and Game Boy games (never owned a NES) came with a notice that you have to stop playing and consult a doctor immediately if you have a seizure during gameplay.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I had a mild seizure once while playing a duke nukem console game. Only lasting damage it did was give me 7 years of tmj pain and now I have a jaw that can partially dislocate.

Only time thats ever happened. Funny thing was I was playing it right next to my sister, who was epileptic.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...too busy kicking my mom right in the face to care.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://discharges.org/h/501/
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That video is awesome!

To be honest. I'm going to have to die sometime. To die playing video games would be sweet. If I had to choose how I went, that would be right up there at the top.
  • Badname
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badname polycounter lvl 18
    I find it a bit lame of them to bash the revo frown.gif