Home General Discussion

Shadow of the Colossus

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i got to 11 and decided to give up on it, its just not "fun" for me, i was pretty much only playing it because i loved the look of the game, the style is PHENOMANAL. well the style of the collosi, every thing else is pretty meh. i may borrow a memory card from someone who's beat it so i can see the rest of them.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    If you borrow a memory card off someone who's beaten it, you'll still need to fight them in order to see them, unless you just want to see their opening and nothing else.
  • PolyMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyMonkey polycounter lvl 17
    The one thing you can do that we stumbled onto at work today is you can unlock the hard mode off someone else's memorycard then start up a new one and save to your card even though you haven't beaten easy. Nothing special, but just wanted to throw that out there. As for my thoughts on SotC...it's amazing and as a once mentor animator, Frank, told me when I was an intern... "That's the dog's balls..."
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i thought if you have already beaten the game you can just go to anyone of them and fight them anytime at will?
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    am on the final boss, frustraiting as fuck frown.gif
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i thought if you have already beaten the game you can just go to anyone of them and fight them anytime at will?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's true, in time attack mode. What I was saying was that if you're already on #11, by not finishing it yourself and waiting for time attack you're only sparing yourself about 15 minutes worth of horse riding.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    got it last night and beat six colossi, slightly disappointed with how easy it is. I'm having a blast though, I'm going to try and limit myself to one colossi a night now.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, I said the same thing, and then I beat about 7 of them in one day.

Like roller coasters, the ride is over far too soon, but each one is better because you just got done with riding another.

I say go nuts with it.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Just finished this after buying a PS2 to play it. Well worth it as it's a great game and does a lot of things better than any other game I've seen. Although, all the damn jumping on the last boss was getting a little infuriating - took me 3 hours to kill him. They almost pulled a meat circus with that one. I wish developers would start implementing adaptive difficulty in single player games.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah i finaly beat it, i thought it was fun, but no where near as good as it seems, its a really shallow, small game, there was parts of it that was completely breathtaking, if there was actualy a game to this game, and the collosus were like end bosses, then it may have been phenomenal, aas it is, it was a fun experience, but i would say definately a renter or a borrower.

like mentioned some of the jump grab mechanics were verry rough and shoddy in it, which is a shame considering thats all there is to the game,

rob i had the same isuse on the last guy, running up his arm while the camera was doing its best to rotate into the most horrible possistion,

once i got to his head i killed him without ever falling off of him, just kept hopping to the shoulder to rest,

but it took forever to get there, i ended up just trying once, when i failed, i would pause the game and do other stuff and then come back later and try again, game stayed running for a day and a half before i beat him
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    They almost pulled a meat circus with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that brings back horrible memories. Easily, the absolute worst last level of any game ever. And no, I'm not talking about SotC.
  • JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    I heard that you can jump and grab onto the hawk that flies over you when you're riding the horse. Can anyone confirm? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. That hawk hovers over you for a couple of seconds when you're riding, which would be the perfect time to stand on the horse and jump for it. I mean, everything in that game is so carefully placed and intentional. If it looks weird, it's important. And I always thought it was weird that the hawk hovered like that.