Home General Discussion

Lost: Season 2.... O M G!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Man, what an episode! I don't want to devulge too much.

Replies

• Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    yeah that was really good!
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Very very good. Good thing I recorded it to a DVD..now I can watch it over and over again!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lost and House are the only shows I watch, but they are good ones. Right now after that last episode I have to say Lost is in the lead. I mean WOW...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Good episode, but it seemed to drag in the middle. I'm also growing tired of shows that don't come to some kind of conclusion at the end of the show. I don't mind suspense, but it would be nice for a COUPLE shows to end without requiring you to catch the outcome in the first five minutes next week. Then again, maybe I'm just feeling bitchy right now wink.gif

Vig: Yeah, House is my other fav right now. I'm also a sucker for Survivor and the Apprentice. I'm not sure that I'll like the Martha Stewart version though. I can't stand watching her fake being nice.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    damn man. fucking awesome as usual, but i wish they would tell us more! waited all summer to find shit out only to have 1 question partway answered but raise a million more questions.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Good show......the next supposedly is going to answer a LOT of questions. shocked.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Seems like a good re-start! Damn cliffhangers...
  • DeathTrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
    Locke probably knows the hatch guy too, like Jack! He seemed too calm. Maybe they all know this guy one way or another.

Also; the island was quarantined(being that it was locked from the inside and it was written from the inside) and not the hatch.

next wednesday cant come fast enough! mad.gif
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    That was good. Poor little Walt tho...

Scott
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    The dude that died from the car accident, Rutherford, was Shannon's father.

Dun.
    Dun.
    DUN!
  • DeathTrip
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    The guy driving the 3rd car in the car accident was Locke. They just haven't told you about the third car yet. Oh, and the plane was being co-piloted by Oprah Winfrey when it crashed. Coincidence? I think not!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol

what are they saying in that walt clip? Is that from the show? Is it backwards? I wasn't able to pay catch the whole show. I kept getting disruptions frown.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, that was a great episode. Definately getting crazy there.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I found a really interesting .gif of something from one of the first episodes. Look closely and Im sure you'll see it.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9994/lost7rn.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG Superman blew up their plane!

Did someone photoshop this, or is it actually from the show. I saw this episode, but I wasn't paying attention at this moment.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I didnt notice it when it happened, but I think its from the show. I didnt make the .gif myself so I cant really say for sure though...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks fairly photoshopped to me. I see no reason why they'd have done that in the show...
  • SystemKrash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SystemKrash polycounter lvl 18
    just watched the first episode again, and, DUN DUN DUN, that gif isnt photoshopped shocked.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah, its in there.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah that's something they picked up on quite early as i recall. security system!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I never noticed that... finally joining in on this thread as I need my Lost fix, Brother.

I didn't like the last episodes of series one, that smoke was poor. I was really hoping for some sort of massive mechwarrior thing to come stomping in. However judging by that polar bear, I doubt it would have been convincing.

I think this episode answered so many questions, they finally let the cat out of the bag. It's good to know the story has actually been planned out, unlike so many other series that just bolt bits on as after thoughts, like star wars for example laugh.gif

3 things bug me about the show: (1) no one uses cameras. I mean you'd think they would be snapping away with all the hundreds of digicams and film cameras in peoples luggage. (2) how the fuck do they know it's an island? (3) why are "mr brother"'s washing machines new, but his stereo is old?

In that last episode of season 1, MAJOR SPOILER HERE, who else jumped out of thier skin when lesley went boom!?
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG was watching the first episode of season 2 and saw this shit

lostinject.jpg

those numbers look familiar? the writters have thought of everything man.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    isn't 23 the number of the illuminati and 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything? wink.gif

or was that 13?

bob?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    4 8 15 16 23 42
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the number is also his password. this is getting CRAZY
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it's also the same amount of posts I had on the old polycount forum!
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    So I started watching this.. good show, cant help but look for "clues" as to whats going on, but I think I keep finding F-ups in production. For example:
    - mid season one, when Walt is with his Ma and his new semi-dad and the bird hits the window. Right before that scene around when his mom is feeling sick there is a blond girl in the room. You can see her clear as day in the back of the room in one of the cuts. Looks like shes just sitting in a chair hanging out.
    -The other I noticed is, apparently there were boom mics on the plane. Because as the raft is leaving and there is a shot looking back to the beach there is a boom mic operater somewhere in the crowd holding his long ass fuzzy mic above everyones head. Maybe theres a camera crew living in the hatch too??:\
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    So I started watching this.. good show, cant help but look for "clues" as to whats going on, but I think I keep finding F-ups in production. For example:
    - mid season one, when Walt is with his Ma and his new semi-dad and the bird hits the window. Right before that scene around when his mom is feeling sick there is a blond girl in the room. You can see her clear as day in the back of the room in one of the cuts. Looks like shes just sitting in a chair hanging out.
    -The other I noticed is, apparently there were boom mics on the plane. Because as the raft is leaving and there is a shot looking back to the beach there is a boom mic operater somewhere in the crowd holding his long ass fuzzy mic above everyones head. Maybe theres a camera crew living in the hatch too??:\

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man.. Look for errors and you will find em. Just kick back and enjoy the show alright? smile.gif
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    oh I am, Just thought it was funny, looking for extra details in the scenes and such. I only started watching recently after hearing Adam and many others saying how good it is. I thought everyone liked finding things in tv\movies that production missed:)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well s2e2 was a bit boring. mostly a re-cap of the previous episode
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah, Episode 2 was the pits to say the least. I only enjoyed the last 2 minutes of it aswell as the logo showing up on the shark - which I didn't find out until later (couple days after it aired).

Weee....
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone have a screenshot of the shark's tail? I saw the show and the shark, but didn't notice the symbol.

The show did move slow. Too much of the water stuff... I'm sure so they could leave the suspense at the beach. Again, wish they could end some shows with something completed.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    I kinda like that episode, Nice to see what happen in the first, from another point of view, The flashback was a bit lame tho, we knew all of that already, Funny when Mickeal gave the bear toy as a gift for walt hehe
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, I was going to post that same image.

For those interested, here's a link that has images describing that symbol and the show
    http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15281
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    b1ll: i agree. not all flashback backstories were created equal--michael's story with walt has pretty much been told, watching any of his flashbacks now is like pulling teeth

"walt's coming with me"
    "HE'S MY SON"
    "you're a penniless cripple"
    "BUT HE'S MY SON"
    -awkward silence-

repeat for the remainder of flashback. there, i just wrote the next michael flashback!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone notice that the shark has a diffrent symbol than the rest? Look at the center its not the same. That one just has a line threw a circle. The other creates a semi yinyang with a line of text crossing threw it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the ones we've seen so far have the swan in the center. The one on the shark is basically a straight line (some have said it's a serpent). Sounds to me like there was a division on the island among "the others". There's also word that the second half the the plane landed on the island also and there were survivors (one shown in the next week previews). The other group has a military type leader supposedly. But that's likely just speculation.

There are some interesting theories on some of the forums out there. One is based on a Dr with the name Desmond that had a theory in the 70s I believe, about studying life surrounding artificial gravity (the magnet in the lab). His theorys described a hexagon dome. If I can find the link again, I'll post it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those interested, here is the film they played on lost this last week: http://www.thehansofoundation.org/videostream.swf

It was a good episode. Things finally felt like they were advancing.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Damn.. I have to thank all of you..

After reading the first few posts of this thread a few weeks ago, I had a bit of an interest in the show.. ( I have to admit I knew absolutely ZERO about it before hand) then one of the other guys I work with was talking about it and he let a few freaky plot twist slip, and I was really intrigued.. He goes to his locker, and pulls out the entire First season on DVD and I proceed to go home and veg for 16+ hours (over a period of a few days) to watch it and I was HOOKED.. In my opinion, it has to be one of the BEST shows I have ever watched.. I find myself trying to take in everything on the screen at once to look for clues as to whats going on..
    In order to catch up on Season 2 I read the synapsis' from the LOST website then finished it up wih episode 4 the past Wed night.. What kills me is i have to not only sit through commercials, but I have to wait next week for more..

Curse you all.. laugh.gif Im also tempted to actually play those numbers in the Lotto here in NY, but alas I bet it would be like a scene out of Bruce Almighty where 13,000 people win.. HAHA
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha, yeah, I've heard that a lot from the people playing catch up with the DVD. The get spoiled by the speed of the DVD wink.gif Then again, you COULD just wait until season two is over and they release the next set :P
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Could you expect any less, from the main writer behind the 90's Batman Cartoons, as well as Justice League? They guy does excellent stuff.

Oh and here;s a recap of season one, set to Weird Al Yankovick's version of "Bohemian Rhapsody".
    http://www.bobville.com/lost.html
    Enjoy!

Scott
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    series 2 episode 6

confused.gif

maybe it'll appear sometime after the weekend.
  • Marine
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe it is the 9th, the 10th is a Thursday =).
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah the next "new" episode withh be on Nov 9th.. This past week wasa repeat of Episode 2 from the season (2) and next should be episode 3.. Some messed up things are going to be revealed, including one of the main female characters getting killed.. (there are multiple articles on the net and in a few of the local papers the last week or so here in NY)

I did notice a few things in last Wednesdays repeat though, that "changed" in the rebroadcast...The main thing is the LACK of the Dharma symbol on the sharks fin (unlike the picture previousely posted here) at first I thought maybe it was cut just to be able to add a few more commercials (which it seems there are more of recently) but then I realized that they still showed the shark pass by, but it was a totallty edited scene.. that is, NO DHARMA symbol.. WHY ?? Were the viewers to observant and noticed something they didn't want so obvious ?? or are they changing the original storyline a bit ? This show keeps me guessing at every moment, its driving me NUTS !!

..anyone else have some thoughts ??
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    verrrry interesting.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New offical Lost podcast :

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/101322.html

If you havn't listened to the other podcasts before, start now! They are awsome.

2 DAYS!!