Home Technical Talk

just got zbrush2

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kunglao polycounter lvl 18
i use max 7 but got zbrush2,i want to get stuck in on normal mapping on my next char.
I have zbrushcentral on my favourites and will read all,
can anyone tell me if i made i lo poly model then imported it to zbrush sculpted detail,would i then be able to make a noraml map and have it show in max?
Do i need to model a hi polyy character also in max or can i just use zbrush on lo poly?
again Thanks

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You can zbrush onto the low poly then bring both meshes back into max for rendering normal-maps, or you can generate the normal maps in zbrush but i would not recommend doing the latter.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i generally make a highpoly first.. its a pain in ass to make a lo first and its just a horrible workflow.. you can make a model that is low in polies for zbrushing.. just use all quads.. zbrush hates triangles.. even though there is a convert tris to quad button in zbrush i just never used it.. so i dont know how that will work..

i have got to the point where i like doing everything in zbrush, except the low poly.. i make that in max and uvs.. then bake normals and diffuse from my zbrush model.. but after seeing the features of Zbrush 2.5 it looks like everything will be possible in zbrush soon.. 2.5 has some great topology tools to make low polymodels from.. and its free for zbrush 2 users..

happy zbrushing.
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kunglao polycounter lvl 18