Home General Discussion

ORGANIZED BATTLEFIELD GAME THURS JUNE 30th

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    RazorBladder: 23rd. As in, installing now!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    what ever the case, ill play and maybe bring along 3-4 others! smile.gif

preferably non-us, but i will go where needed to balance teams.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BTW, anyone else think the game is too US-centric? There's not a single NEC vs. PRC scenario. Three team matches would have been fun, too.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    There's been quite a lot of issues with servers being laggy. Apparently it has to do with the huge hit on ranked servers - so its constantly updating the rank servers (BFHQ). There should be a patch in a little while (I hope) to fix this.

I get no problems playing single player, though.

frown.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Me either, Adam. When I play on ranked servers, there is 'lag' of some kind, but I don't know what it is. My ping (and everyone else's) stays 30-60, but it's like I have a 500 ping. It is REALLY pissing me off, and is certainly not helping my farken stats.
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    I dont know about you guys, but Im having a real hard time playing the retail. The lag and frequent crashes to the desktop are really starting to get to me. I'll play if you guys are, but Ive stopped playing on the publics until they patch this sucker.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    I've had no crash problems. Notice, however, if a player doesn't "forgive" you for a TK, you lock up for a bit. I got kicked for tk'ing 2 of my guys who didn't take cover for an artillery drop. A lot of players don't know about the "forgive" thingy...page up or page down. frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I might be home (i.e.: near a broadband internet connection I administrate) on the 30th, if my dad's PC (Athlon XP 1533MHz, 512MB RAM, Radeon 8500) can run it I'll be there. What time?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If i have the game by then ill play, but it sounds like a lot of people are having problems with the retail.... bleh, but anyway if im there im AT on MD squad.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Soo seems the lag issue is "kinda" fixed. I've had about a 15% success rate of finding non-laggy servers. When I do, they generally get laggy with quite afew number of people on screen at once - but I reckon thats a videocard issue and not the servers.

The other 85% are me connecting and the first thing I see someone write is, "Fuuuuuucking LAG" or something. And they ARE laggy POS's.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let's hope the PC server is with the 15%.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    I have had my copy since last week, but spent the last 5 days in South Carolina visiting family. I will finally be back in my own house on Thursday and I am absolutely ready to join in and have a blast.. similar to Scott, I have no preference on team, I am easy I guess, though Ive always been pretty good at a variety of positions..(Engineer, sniper, anti-tank, whatever) Actually I am a damn good pilot and with a good gunner / co-pilot I am deadly..

So I am fine with being filled in on whichever side.. as long as I'm not the last nerdie kid to be picked for a team.. that always sucks.. smile.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thursday! Did we decide on a time? I can start around 5 pm EST.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can around 19:00 CEST (GMT+2). What's EST's GMT offset?
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    +5 hrs I believe....so that'd be 8 your time? poly110.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Probably -5, +5 would place you in Asia. 1900 charlie time would be... 1700 alpha time. -5 would mean what's 1200 to you is 1900 to me. 1700 would result in 0000 at night here. I think any european would prefer an earlier time.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    after 7PM Pacific Standard Time US of A will work for me.

ive got retail and all ready togo.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    reporting for doody. crazy.gif

I'll be checking in after 5pm EST until midnight.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    make sure the polycount server is ranked!

im ready to go too, just make sure its a ranked server! haha want to record stats smile.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll BE THERE! smile.gif We have to pay for the server to be ranked. Some bullshit like 8-9 dollars a month. What a croque that is. I'm sure someone will unlock weapons etc. sooner or later but I can't see paying to be a ranked server.....although I will contribute if asked. grin.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    after 7 est woul do best for all the mythic crew i believe
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im on West Coast time so after 7 EST is better for me as well. If you guys start sooner, I'll just join as soon as I get off work.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Anytime after 5pm is good with me. I won't be able to play for long though, as I'm moving into a new house tomorrow laugh.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    booooo you have to pay for a ranked server? lol thats lame.

anyway, after 7est is ok for me too.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meh, nobody in there. Runs surprisingly good on this PC that barely meets the minimum requirements. But it's no fun without other people on the server.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I'm still trying to get in there for more than a few minutes. Was runnin fine till sal came in, then I crashed to desktiop. :S
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i can't stay in for more than a minute it ssems without crashing to desktop, guess i'm out of the official game, going to jsut go play on some other servers i guess
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Actually - bk's fixed the crash problem and is resetting the server.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ditto, still doing it. I can stay in by myself but as soon as one or two more come in it kicks to desktop in a few seconds. frown.gif Kubber? Ya there, buddy? smile.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH, oops, posting at the same time...let's see. On my way fellas.!
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stupid eastcoast fags. SOME of us are still at work this glorious 5 o'clock hour.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my team of leet MEC soldiers kicked some ass tonite, after a while of playing my game crashed to desktop, now anytime i try and pick a server to play on the game hard freezes... need to get that fixed. was much fun tho
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got pounded by Rhinokey's artillery plenty on that island map, but in the later Chinese maps Ruggles and I blitzed the flags and pwned those rounds. It was great fun taking out choppers with the tank. Good times.. lets do it again!
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great fun everyone.. Some excellent tactics by all..

Scott was a wicked copilot/gunner, as was ElysiumGX and a few others too.. I definately have to get used to the full version. (Took me about 20 minutes to get hang of the chopper flying again after I reset all the controls.) And from the 4-5 boards I saw so far, the game is better than I ever expected. I am definately up for a little more fun anytime this weekend or nextweek. (Im on vacation next week, whoohoo)

I know there are not a lot of people crazy about it, but I have X-fire and my handle is "hunter0001".. It seems to be agreat way to see when friends are online and what game or server they are playing on.. oh well.. Glad we al got together.. look me up if anyone cares to play a bit more soon..
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man, I feel so honored. Everytime I got the chinese AA Vehicle, someone thought enough of me to call in artilery on me. Didn't help. :-) But yeah blitzing the flag and circling around the Tank Farm shooting chopers in the ass with that AA gun, and missiles.

Playing MEC we lost the first round, but after that it was smooove. Nice. Hunter, if you ever need a Heli guner, just let me know. You fly well enough and keep the nose pointed towards the enemy :-) I just need a little more practice with the TV missiles.

Scott
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i mainly save artillery to prevent lone enemys from sneaking to an undefended base and quick cappin it, also use it to softed up enemy bases when i have a force ready to infiltrate it, if theres no sensible targets i will try and pick off random targets
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    yeah, fun games.

dying is fun!
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a great time....b'cept for the last map and gettin' my arse handed to me. Hunter, sorry 'bout the artillery. We need to get on squads. It makes for better communication.Let's do it again, eh? smile.gif
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Count me in.. Ill be on and off the server today.. someone come look for me.. hehe
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    ill join up and play tonite if anyone is on, my nick is ak3k03, can you set up profiles to play under different names like in the past BF games?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    next time i'll use my headset so i can issue out command orders, and keep everyone informed of the enemys location
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Since there's so few of us, we should try playing one of the 16 player maps. Helicopters are fun, but I'd also like to have some close combat, without spending half the game looking for an enemy. When I first read the news about BF2 new map system, I thought it changed size during gameplay based on the number of people playing.

I had fun last night. Besides Rhino sending Arty down on my ass. The Chopper fights were fun. Trying to take a flag alone against two enemy tanks and a helo was exciting.

I did suffer a crash to desktop last night during the island map. Only one I've had so far. Didn't take long for me to get back in, but I'd hate to see it happen during a heated battle.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One this that is a slight problem for me is the extreme darkness of the screen.. in fact, inside a building or a carrier it seems to be pitch black.. I see the game has no gamma or brightness setting.. How can I make the game lighter ? Is there a console command ? I tired to right click on my desktop, went to the advanced tab, then color management and looked for a different color profile (for full screen 3d or something similar) but I dont have any ICM or ICC files that will help..

Any suggestions from the fellow Polycounters ??

BTW Ive been off and on the server just practicing flying, demolitions etc.. there are some damn cool maps.. but there isnt anyone else around today ??

Yeah and why the heck is there no "favorites" options to save servers ??

damn im babbling now..
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    hunter, i feel your pain. i wish they had a freakin favorites option, or the ability to store your 'recently played' servers.

hell, since there are Unique gamer names, they should have a buddy list too (*cough* ut2k4), to find what server your friends are playing on without having to have a piece of paper littered with IP adresses next to your mouse.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I can't afford to buy the game yet, so I'll have to wait before I can play with you guys frown.gif
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The game is rather awkwardly balanced i thought. Plays kinda choppy too even at med~low settings. Really should do 16 player maps. the 32 player ones are too damn large.

Anyway, hope a patch is headed down the pipe soon.

And damn that artillary. damn it to hell ;-P
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artillary shouldnt be a problem if teams were a little more organized in their attacks.. take out radars and artillary guns with a few det packs.. lol your enemies are in the dark for a while.. Muhahahaa..

(Anyone have a remedy for the lack of gamma / brightness controls ?)

***UPDATE---

Download "Powerstip".. its a utility for setting your gamma, brightness and other graphic setting for gaming or other utilities.. I can finally see in the dark in BF2..
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am on the server right now (6:15 pm EST Fri(New York time)) anyone else thinking of jumping on tonight ?? come join me.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    anyone interested in playing this eve? 8:30 pm central U.S. time