Home General Discussion

BF2 is teh! WINZOR!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tRens polycounter lvl 18
Hi guys, Polycount has an official BF2 server!!!!!!!

come join the fun

nibbler.fastpc.com

from everyone in the #md squad! HOO HAA!

tRens

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    *wants unrestricted internet*

Just don't let me near the planes or helis. I can fly them where I want them but I can't hit a barn with them.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    It's got some serious issues with the ranked servers though.
    Apparently, there are a LOT of people experiencing a sort of 'lag' on RANKED servers.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    This game R A W K S! I've found my niche as medic. What a blast. I need a new vid card though...maybe a 6800GT eh? smile.gif
    I luv the squad thing and the VOIP is cool, too. More to come. grin.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dunno, I hate not being SF, you run across an artillery, you can't blow it up.

A 6800GT will run the game at max detail without slowdown. Mine is a 6800 standard and it does everything except high texture detail, the GT comes with 256MB minimum so high tex detail should work.

What kinda annoys me is identifying enemies, especially when they're trying to melee you and an ally is somewhere behind them it usually takes too long to identify them as hostile (especially when they're medics and very close already so their marker is offscreen, almost impossible to identify them before they kill you). Or markers appearing too late, I've hit many a friendly vehicle because it lacked the marker at a distance. I would have preferred team colors or something equally visible.

Could also use a notification when enemies are trying to capture one of your flags and the AI commander shouldn't give attack orders on unconquerable points.

Oh and how about some side specific units and a few NEC vs. China maps?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    this game is AWESOME it is also the most buggy game i have EVER purchased, almost everyone here has some sort of regular issues with it
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    They seem to have fixed the problems with the ranked servers now. I was playing last night for a few hours, and I didn't have a single problem with it.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Hrm, I'll need to see if I need to update nibbler.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I just played this morning and was STILL getting bad bad lag (even though my "ping" was 40'ish).
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems to me like the pistol is actually better than some of the auto weapons, fires as fast as you need, doesn't do that much less damage and is pretty accurate. When I'm USMC AT I use the pistol instead of the MP5. SF suffers from having the silencer block their view with the pistol.