Home General Discussion

ORGANIZED BATTLEFIELD GAME THURS JUNE 30th

Mojo2k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
kub got the bf2 demo server running and i thought it would be fun to actualy have an organized game, with everyones possistions called and planned out ahead,, since its my geinus idea, i claim USMC commander, cause i love being commander, ok everyone call your slots and try and keep mind having fair sides, pick squads you want also

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Thursday night, eh? I can do that. Should have my new dual 19" TFT monitors by then, too, so I can test 'em out on this smile.gif

I'll go non-US. Don't mind about squads, I'm pretty much a newbie to that, but I know how to play smile.gif
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    you should really learn squads, especialy since you are new,, so manny benifits
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That's what I mean, if people want me in a squad, I'll join, but it'll take me a few minutes to get used to it wink.gif
  • ChainsawXIV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChainsawXIV polycounter lvl 18
    Sign me up for USMC. I'll form up a quick-capture & sabotage squad, which should be me, another spec op player and maybe a sniper or anti-vehicle guy, with the Black Hawk for transport. I can do the flying for the team.

For anyone not familiar with the coolness that is squads, here are some of the key features:

- Commander sees your squad number, not just a blue dot
    - The commander can assign your squad objectives as a group
    - You can use your squad leader as a spawn point
    - You can spawn right into your leader's vehicle
    - You see your squad mates as a green blip on the map
    - You can request support (artillery, supplies)
    - Your squad leader can request other support (UAV)

In short, squads make it way easier to get organized, and for the commander to coordinate the battle, and they provide some unique and handy benefits in terms of keeping people together and focused on any given goal. There is no reason not to be in a squad, and squads that stay together and work as a team seem to kick about twice the ass a bunch of ungrouped players would.
  • ChainsawXIV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChainsawXIV polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, a few How-To notes for squads:

Joining Squads - Just visit the Squads tab of your spawn screen (look in the top left) and click create to make a new squad, or select and join to join someone else's.

Spawning On Your Leader - To spawn on your leader select his green dot on the map in the spawn screen as if it were a base. You’ll spawn near by if he’s alive when your time comes.

Spawning Into A Vehicle – Simply spawn on your leader. If he is in a vehicle, and it has an open seat, you will spawn into the seat. If the vehicle is full, you won't be able to spawn on him.

Receiving Orders – When your commander gives you and order, the squad leader can accept or decline with the ‘PageUp’ or ‘PageDown’ keys. If he accepts, the order is relayed to all the members.

Understanding Orders – When you have an accepted order, the location will be marked on your map with a small sword icon, and a line will always connect you to it on the mini map. These are color coded.

Talking To Your Squad – We all know that text chat is slow and cumbersome, but if you wish to send a message to your squad, just hit ‘L’ and type it in. It will show up in a different color.

Requesting Support – To request support, hold down the ‘T’ key and move your mouse to adjust which option is highlighted. The request will be relayed to your commander, and the location marked.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    riiiiiiiiiiiite.

Anyhow I'll be the MEC and Bust A Hymen with Spec-Ops!!!
  • StartTday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StartTday polycounter lvl 18
    You know I'm so down for this... I claim engineer on USMC with the occasional cobra support.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'll take my position as Medic for the MEC, and help Razor stay alive while we Bust a Hymen.

I'd also like to apply for commander of the MEC (until someone calls mutiny), and help out the squad(s), hoping there will be a shortage of TKers.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    As people from work know, I'm a good aggressive capper. I stay support class mostly, but I'll switch to specops or anti tank if the situation arises. I mostly use jeeps tanks or apc's but the jeep is my vehicle of choice for fast transportation. I normally end the round with the highest score, many times at twice the score of the next highest, both at work and on public servers.

I like capping flags. 8-)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I generally go with whatevers needed. I'd like to see the core MD guys playing in this match as a squad. That is myself, tRens, Elysium, RazorBladder, EQ and Cricket. Also, I think gauss, Virdog, Matabus and expendable are all playing with the MD tag.

I have to work late that night though so I probably can't join - but I'm sure there'll be enough for 1 squad at least.

I'll try and make sure those guys see this thread.

• tRens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tRens polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, heres me..

MD squad. You'll know us when you see us.

I prefer USMC Medic weapons.. but I could care less which side. I claim squadleader/medic of a squad.. and im sure the normal guys will fall in line to join me. bromelltoe, elysium razor eq cricket expendable virdog with mojo being our commander if we go usmc which i think we will. razor we should mojo's been with us in the demo..

to all the MD squaders HOO HAA!

tRens
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    ok, I'll switch my Wednesday computer night to Thursday to join in on the fun. I'll go USMC AT or Support, but flexible for whatever needs to be done.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Oops, I'm a silly goose! It'll be on the DEMO's server. D'oh!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah u dumbass cause I doubt that many of us are gonna have the full retail instantly, I certainly won't as unfortunate as it is unless I could somehow have it *swearwordezed*
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    spec ops player, but i also enjoy playing commander or squad leader roles. i'll defer to mojo, because (though i have yet to witness first hand), i am sure he is a tactical genius.

so i'll call that second spec ops slot on chainsaw's sabotage and quick cap squad. since we're calling things, i would like to say that this sabotage squad should be named JAZZ HANDS. cryptic and vaguely musical number-sounding, perhaps--but the enemy hath known no fear as when they are menaced by the ninja-like surgical strikes of the legendary JAZZ HANDS!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mad.gif
    FINE! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FILTHY JIZZ HANDS!!!!!11

THEES EES WAR!!!

*TK's Profusely*
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'll be up for it, definetly. I usually play as medic or support, but I'm also a damn good spec ops player. I prefer the roles where I can help my team mates, though. I'm also a decent commander, but it's just not the same as playing wink.gif

I suppose I had better run down to Gamestop tomorrow and pre order it wink.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    tRens: Wouldn't it make more sense to have the medic and leader be different people? The squad leader can let people spawn with him so if the medic dies he could return to the leader but if the leader is the medic the leader couldn't be resurrected and the medic couldn't respawn near the leader.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, Mojo is correct the demo server is up and running. However, the linux client of the demo server is horribly unoptimized and unstable. (I woke up this morning and it had already crashed...). There is a chance I will be out of town tomorrow during the day, however, my machine at home is always logged into IRC. If the server goes south, either leave me a message here or on IRC and I will fix it as soon as I get back to my PC. The full-version server will be up the day the game is released.

I am probably either going to set up a mailing list for the server or a locked-down forum here as I think I am going to be needing some people helping me out admining the server since I won't be playing that much. No, don't spam me with messages and/or emails, I already have a few people in mind I want to help me out.

Any changes or tweaks you want done to the server, please let me know. I won't promise I will put every suggestion in up front, but I will do my best to make everyone happy.

Server name: polycount/#model_design battlefield 2 server
    host: nibbler.fastpc.com
    IP : 69.1.198.202
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    USMC Medic
    As long as I have some backup in the skies, I can lay waste to any and ALL opposition in the combat heli. Could use a good wingman that can use the tv rocket to good effect.

Gotta keep an eye on those stinger emplacements.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, teams soo far!

USMC
    Commander - Rhinokey

Fastresponse Basecap-sabotage squad
    CHainsaw
    Gauss
    Starttoday
    poop
    trens
    eXpendable
    Kman

MEC

MoP
    RazorBladder
    ElysiumGX

UNDECIDED
    Vassago

I will spam this around at mythic see can we get more guys here in
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe this is the wrong moment to ask around for people who want to play some tribes 1 matches, eh?
    Imagine me sulking very, very hard. Now do you want to play tribes?
  • Artmachine64
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artmachine64 polycounter lvl 18
    cool. I'll kick some infidel ass.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    im down!

but if i have the full version, ill be playin that :P
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    MEC is coo wit' me.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Uh.. Rhinokey

MDsquad is (Confirmed so far):
    tRens
    Razorbladder
    expendable
    Elysium

I'd be in but I have to work frown.gif

MDsquad will probably go USMC, although I'm sure they'd go MEC if it was needed.
  • tRens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tRens polycounter lvl 18
    hey there..

KDR_11k, Ya I understand that we have two medics at all times in the squad I play and no a single medic in squad shouldn't be the squad leader.

Base Group : 2 medics, 2 anti-tank, 1 specops, 1 support
    Strike Missions : 2 medics, 2 anti-tank, 2 specops
    Base Defense : 2 medics, 3 to 4 anti-tank alternating with support

Course all the base defense depends on the evaluation of the enemy skill and number.

tRens
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    WHEN THE RETAIL IS OUT THE POLYCOUNT DEMO SERVER WILL BE SHUTDOWN.

Now what are we going to do?
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm getting the retail on Wednesday but I'm not sure others will have it by Thursday. I suggest we re-organize for next week. change this week's game to CS:S laugh.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH NO!! the game has been postponed to THURSDAY JUNE 30th to allow people to get the retail game, and allow decent time for planning and shits
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I'm up for it. No specific side, but I generally go support or Anti-armour, then Support, then Sniper.

Another benefit of being in a squad is that Voice Chat is limited to your squad and the commander.

Propose another tank killer squad of 4 Rocketeers, 1 medic, and one support? Four guys rocketing at once on the count of three, I have seen to be a fearsome thing indeed.

MEC or Marine, don't make much difference to me.

Scott
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Me 2.....I'LL BE THERE BAY-BEE! poly128.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Just remember: It's no longer this Thursday, its a week after.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    OK, full server is up and functional as of this writing. I will be out of town tomorrow all day with (ugh) vendors. If you have any problems with it, please leave me a note.

The demo server is no longer running.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where can we get the IP Info for the server?

Scott
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All you need is nibbler.fastpc.com even in the ip section smile.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    getting my retail copy soon :x
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Be sure to rember its the 30th and its going to be with the RETAIL GAME not demo,, so GET IT
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Just to clear up any possible confusion for those that got the dvd version of the game.

The cdkey is not on the back of the dvd case like they say in the install. It is actually on the back of the manual.

I hope I saved a few minutes of someone elses lives, with my effort.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Looking in both locations should be standard procedure by now, too many games give the wrong location there.

BTW, any known issues with the copy protection so far? I'd hate to pay fifty for a game that doesn't run because of some flawed copy protection mechanism.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Got it! Am installing now, boyeeeeeeeeeee. poly142.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    lol, I just stood in line at my own fricking co. for an hour to get it! Was free of course though and now I have it in my hand! Hah I've never seen so much hype over an internal game. They landed a Huey ( would have been more appropriate for BFV but whatever! ) in the middle of the lawn for a publcity stunt. It was pretty darn cool.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bah, it doesn't even get released here till 24th... I'm not even sure if I'll have the retail by the time of the game, I'm flat busted at the moment.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen release dates for the 21st - 23rd. The only store within 50 miles of me that would carry it, that being Walmart, probably won't have the DVD version on the shelf. If Newegg has it in stock by the 27th, there's a good chance I'll still be able to play.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got mine, and installed!! woohoo!
    Scott
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well, WTF! Just my luck! I have no idea what the hell is up but I can't play this game online. I've tried a ton of servers but the same deal on every one. I am getting insanely high ping spikes that go from 16 to 600. It's totally bizarre and seemingly unique to me! boohoo! Off to play some WoW. Annnoyed!
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've seen much of the same Daz. dunno what the big difference could be between the demo and retail but most servers I've joined have lag even with good pings to the server.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Nah, this is more than lag it must be. There is something seriously wrong with my setup. It is literally unplayable due to these crazy spikes that go up to 600 with a connection error. I can sit and watch my ping go from 16 to 600 and everyone elses fluctuates a little but nothing in that crazy realm. This is specific to my machine Im sure.