Home General Discussion

Ep3 New Screen shots. Pretty cool

tubboy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tubboy polycounter lvl 18
Although these shots do not do the game justice since they are captured in free cam mode, at least you can see some of the Ep3 environments that are in the movie.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=22906

Replies

• pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Lemme see ..hmm who is making that game ? Ohh the Collective ..well it's gonna suck . Not there fault , only Bioware can make good Star wars games.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    For the most part the Star Wars games have gone wayyyy downhill. The one exception being Knights of the Old Republic, which, was done by a highly acclaimed developer in a new setting for the universe...I watched the trailer to this game and it looks like it is going to be mediocre like almost all of the star wars games have been since episode 1.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    The textures seem absurdly low-res, for something that isn't even released yet. Very blurry in places they should be sharp.
    Also the deformation of the main characters seems pretty weird at times, and Obi-Wan's upper arm seems way too long compared to his forearm (at least in some of those shots).
    I guess it could be a good game, but the screenshots aren't exactly making me salivate with expectancy. It looks decidedly mediocre, given the current standard of console action/adventure games.
    Looks never stopped good gameplay working though... shame you can't judge gameplay from a screenshot.

Oh, and Tubboy, change your avatar please (I think this is the 2nd time you've been asked by a moderator) - it's 200kb, which is far too big for an avatar image. People still use 56k modems, you know, and having a tiny pointless animated GIF taking up a lot of bandwidth is no fun at all. I could load 2 or 3 800x600 JPG images of models or textures for 200k, and I'd much rather see them than an animated avatar.
    So change it please.

MoP
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip I don't really know how to respond to that. Origianlly I felt like saying "FUCCK YOU", but instead, i will reframe and just let you experience the game and see for your self. It might be worth it, it might not. Most of the Star Wars Games meant for the movie titles were Bad. Infact, eps 1 and 2 were terrible. I worked on this game and I must say, the talent behind it is extrodinary and the work and art put into it is fanaminal. I really dont' blame you for you opinion that much. I did say these screen caps do not do it justice.

RageUnleashed : The game is a hack in slash and is not one of those meant to play over the coarse of weeks. It sorta a spoiler /party game. Nothing to take too seriously while playing and definatly not targeted at a croud expecting it to be really hard. The game is very easy to play.

MoP: I know what you mean by the textures seeming low rez. Trust me, there not. I know. The worst thing about grabing screen caps from the PC is it shows exaclty the res of the textures when in fact the television sorta smooths that out and hides its actual resolution really well. Of course I know you knew that so, no new infor for ya there. Why our ad department did not grap TV captures, I don't know.

Anyways, I hope you guys give it a shot. I've played it and love it.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Gadzooks! That looks like a PS1 game.

Just to 'take your word for it', I looked at these images stretched out fullscreen on my tv, and they only looked marginally less-asstastic.

It does look like it's going to be a Jedi Power Battle like game. That's too bad, as you could already play Obi Wan and Mace in that game.

BTW- saying that you 'felt like saying' something is just as bad as actually saying it, because, well... you said it.

Also, I'm sure that nobody here has problems spelling potatoes. That is, everyone but you. It is absolutely phenomenal.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    fanaminal?

Neat. Can't wait to find out what that is. Some kind of adoring creature I should imagine.

Game looks decidedly average from the shots. But I'll refrain from judgement til I see it in motion.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Revenge_of_the_Sith_13.jpg
    Gaa just look at that arm. Did they just pull some kid off the street -'hey you, your AD'

I got Knights of the old repupublic(lucasarts) for free when I bought Doom 3 I played it for about 10 min. the movement just sucked. It said game-of-the-year on the box... did I miss anything by not playing it?
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    That looks like a flashlight too
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Hah it totally does. We should have a FARK style Photoshop or caption contest.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the Environmetns are cool though. Very deep.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh and Kman, your right. I did mean to say it. When someone bashes a game you worked on and says it sucks with out reason, its pretty shitty.
    The fucker deserved it.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    RageUnleashed : The game is a hack in slash and is not one of those meant to play over the coarse of weeks. It sorta a spoiler /party game. Nothing to take too seriously while playing and definatly not targeted at a croud expecting it to be really hard. The game is very easy to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, mediocre.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, yeah, coming from an expectation of it having a huge physics engine and being all out sweat in that respect,,,sure, mediocre. But it's aimed sorta at kids ya know. Plus the game has like a shit load of spoilers in it for the movie. It releases like 2 weeks prior to the movie.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The environment looks MUCH better than those characters. The thing Mr. Jedi points his flashlight at looks like a damn mess. Perhaps that becomes less obvious once in motion but still, this game isn't on my "buy" list (though, to be fair, very few games developed by western dev houses are).
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Most of the time a character is in motion you never notice flaws. But, if you slow it down, clip clip clipping all over the place. But its so fast you never see it.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    eewwww. i don't care what the employment trend is now. games like this are in desperate need of character designers.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Dude why do you all Hate on Tubboy So bad? The fella made a game! Something Half of you fools have ever even came close to doing. Give him props man. If it dosent look as good as some other stuff out there big deal there will be other gigs and he will get better and better.
    Dont rip on the dude's game. That's like announcing to the world you just had a kid and the world says "what a mediocre peice of shit" messed up man.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what did you work on for this game tubby? and stop taking everyone's post on every thread you make so personally.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I worked on the Environmental assets for the last level of the game.
    As for me taking shit personally, Read the posts above. Clearly i can take some shit but not that.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, the game releases in may. We have plenty of time till gold and lots of bugs. Clearly you did not know so now there is some new education for you.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also, the game releases in may. We have plenty of time till gold and lots of bugs. Clearly you did not know so now there is some new education for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again someone needs education to have proper board manners, like not making triple posts.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, I just read the first post, didn't realize you were a part of making it. Congrats on your soon-to-be-shipped title.

Don't mind me, I'm a bit ticked off at lucasarts lately, having enjoyed their classics like X-Wing and Dark Forces, I wish more for the glory days of the Star Wars franchise games.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert, Cheap, hummm,,,,,so appropriatly named.
    RageUnleashed , tis all good bro.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    OK lets all chill our boots here.

Josh: He did NOT make it known that he'd worked on the game. Perhaps If he had folks would have been more leniant I dont know. I don't like the pack mentality either. But quite frankly, there is a default disposition on the board to get quickly annoyed by Tub because of how he acts. He'll get on fine for a while, and then slip up with the odd 'that fucker deserves it' and 'FUCCK YOU' and a generally condescending tone.

Tub: There is no point in getting pissy with everyone that thinks your game sucks, and hi-fiving and backslapping everybody that doesn't. You're 25 years old for fucks sake. Act it. You cannot force peoples opinions. Plenty of people here think plenty of games that I've worked on suck. And so do I. Get used to it. Try having your name in the credits of 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'. Your working on it doth not guarantee its quality Im afraid.
    Props for having an almost shipped title, but get thicker skin. Posting something that you worked on and presenting it as awesome is asking for trouble. When the game I'm currently working on gets announced and media is released, feel free to tear it apart, and I promise I wont tell you to fuck off.
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    Daz? Do you want to be my ...father? Very wisely said.

Tubboy. I really dont know... I looked at the threads title, said to my self "Ok, Tubboy....hmm...Well, I am a objective guy, I am not looking on names" (Well, I knew that after 4-5 answers you are going be ran down). Well clicked the title saw all this and came to one conclusion: The little stupid boy (approx 13 years old)with his "gang" (muahhaah) i see everyday at the busstation is acting like you. He responds with Fuck, he dont like it when you hate the clothes he wears and takes everything to serious. In our little country called Germany (if you know where it is) these are the preprogrammed stupid unemployed.

So if you are really 25 years old and not want to look like a stupid unemployed, do like Daz said. you are 25 yeras old, Act it.

To the Game itself.

The screenshots are pretty crappy, because of this ugly nonalias / low resolution. But i dont judge on that.
    The character designs are as boring as those from Starwars (Jedis are just boring....).
    Genrelly the whole set of Screenshots bores me. There is no real eyecatcher, i just miss something. I think that will be one of the games 70% of mankind dont need. The 20% are starwars fans who maybe take a look, and the rest are "hardcore" starwars fans, but cant pick up the title cause they are camping in line in front of the cinemas.

Anyway, i think its a good first job. If you could just be somehow "normal" on these boards.......

After Rorshach doesnt came often here, Daz should be our new Polycount dad laugh.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ghost_Rider: I was merely commenting on how the game looks. Hell, even if Bobo, Dark Horizon, Daz and Rorshach had worked on it, I'd still say it looked mediocre, because it does.

Tubboy: Good thing you only worked on the environment stuff, that actually looks pretty good. It's the characters that make the game look mediocre. And since they are the focus of the game, it's a shame, since they're bringing the quality down. If you had shown screenshots of the environment on its own, there would probably be more positive comments about the graphical quality, I think.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tubboy I don't know why you even come around here isn't it obvious nobody likes you ?? Can't read between the lines ?? I'll I ever see is people being pissy with you cause your an a-hole , if you dropped off the face of the earth do you think even one single person here would notice ?? All you bring to this community is Drama and antagonization . As a member of this board for years and years all I can say is I wish BearKub would Ban you and be done with it because you add NOTHING.. mad.gif ..anyways on top of everything I didnt know you worked on the game ...not my fault it looks like shit so deal with it :-D
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    ^
    Ahhhh, the dulcet tones of intolerance...
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah Tubboy, the environments look good. Did you work on this specific environment? If no can you post screens of the stuff you worked on?
    Sett, I thought this was pretty mean and it is, but I didnt notice the jamster guy in the background. Made me laugh!
    sith.jpg
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Clearly you did not know so now there is some new education for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you don't take it personally at all do you?

To repeat what others have said, no matter who posted these images, I would still say they look like ass. I make an attempt not to insult you, just making a critique on the game itself. If you want a high-five, post the work you've done on that game. It's probably the best part, because the characters in these shots look like ass. If the character artist for the game reads this, I'm sorry, but let it serve as motivation for them in future titles. Congrats on the shipped title, but your behavior in this thread continues to label you an ass. Go ahead an apologize so you can do it again next week.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I must say I am also a part of the "kill tubboy" bandwagon. The guy takes things to seriously.

Though, the screenshots don't look to bad, just nothing spectactular.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Doesn't look too bad for a PS2 title... but I guess everyone is bored with Starwars games by now.

Oh and jezus... you people bashing Tubboy constantly... is it really worth it? It doesn't really look like you guys are any better than Tubboy... act your age, too.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    if it is just a hack n' slash, what better weapon then ye olde lightsaber? doesn't take a whole lot to make those games fun, unfortunately the characters you play are kind of it. I hate grown-up anikin and i hate the shoulder-padded clothes lucas decided they should wear. looks like whoever made the character models felt the same way. passive-aggresive.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It doesn't really look like you guys are any better than Tubboy... act your age, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Jeezuz, some of you are really hypocritical.

I cant say Im impressed with the screenies. Its looks rather dull. But thats not your fault Tubboy.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    now i will say right off the bat i don't like tubboy at all, he is probably the most perfect definition of "tool" that i can think of. but heres some problems i see in this thread

1. tubboy obviously poseted these with the intention of getting a lot of "OMFG THAT SO ROCKS! WE ADMIRE YOU AND THE FACT THAT YOU ARE WORKING ON THAT GAME!"

2. The % of people that hate tubboy that probably responded "That game sucks you suck and your mom sucks" theres a good chance these people may or may not have even looked at the screenshors, they could have just figured tubboy=suck

3. the fact that people on these forums are not easily Wowed by games unless it comes from those few crazy talented companys who spend cash on ulnimited art resources and also spend umpteen years on production of a game, this game look to be as nice as most any general purpose game, no better or no worse from what i can see, you can't expect everything to be a hl2 or doom3,

so in my opinion its a Decent looking mid quality game, congratulations to tubboy for his part in it, and heres to a future without tubboy being a tool all the time. a future where tub just kinda chills out and blends into polycount society as one of us.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    and heres to a future without tubboy being a tool all the time. a future where tub just kinda chills out and blends into polycount society as one of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like the group think ehh?
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with ghost_rider, you guys are supportive of everyone else.

Even when he made it clear it was his game the posts 'after' that were even more brutal, lookit pogonip cheap stabs.

Tubboy is making a serious effort to be a positive and contributing member to our community this month and you guys are throwing it back in his face. You cant't expect someone to make a 180 personality flip in less than a month. He said his new years resolution was to change the way he reacts on these boards eh?

There are tons of 'leet' members here who post comments that cut deep and offend people. Why is it that execptional art skills enables you to be beligerant on polycount?

Are we not capable of a lil 'forgive and forget' when someone is making a self-professed effort to change?

When I first got here 2 years ago this place wasn't seething.

-R
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    You're wrong on a few counts I think there PaK.

1) I'd say general behaviour and tolerance has substantially improved on these here boards over the years. 4 or 5 years ago it was a flamefest ( no offence r13 :-) It was still a fun hangout and community )
    2) I certainly dont see tons of 'leet' members being offensive. The people on this board that id consider 'leet' in terms of Art skill are generally pretty well behaved and respectful.
    3) No comment on the term 'serious effort'.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    with regards to the topic: you are not your work. the better you can appreciate this the better you'll be able to take criticisms of your work for what they are and move forward as an artist. this goes for everybody.

with regard to posting behavior of certain individuals: there is usually a high correlation between how many years someone has spent in a message board environment and how much/little shit they start when they post. bad behavior, cheap shots, etc... no one gets any special recognition for how much drama they start, at least not the positive kind.

the next time the drama-starting children (of which several have posted to this thread) feel like starting/replying some negative crap, they should consider the time better spent honing their craft instead. try posting a piece of art in the pimp forum instead of raising a stink in general discussion.

and the next time anyone else feels like responding to any of the antics of the aforementioned group, just remember that trolls and attention whores can only exist if they're fed. yes, i understand the things they post are often childish or moronic. but replying or trying to chastise them for their obvious lunacy is more validation than they deserve in the first place. a troll can't be a troll if nobody pays attention to him.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was not trying to show case this as my work or becuase i worked on it. I was trying to expose some of the environments of the game becuase these environments are in the movie.
  • Wesrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesrox polycounter lvl 18
    congrats tubboy. Hope this title is the first of many for you.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I got Knights of the old repupublic(lucasarts) for free when I bought Doom 3 I played it for about 10 min. the movement just sucked. It said game-of-the-year on the box... did I miss anything by not playing it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, you did miss a very good game!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KOTR freakin rocked my nutz off !!! You need to go back and play the whole thing...the begining is kinda slow and boring ...you need to be like 5 + hrs into it . Now take into consideration it's a 60+ hr game
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats Tubboy!
    What version were these screeniws made from (xbox, ps2, pc)?
    The screenies are just very small and heavily compressed.
    I thought the characters look pretty good though.

But then again everything with Ep3 slapped on it makes me all warm and tingly smile.gif

I'm really waiting for the new Lego Star Wars game. The videos I saw from it look so much fun and it's gonna have a great co-op mode.

924063_20041206_screen001.jpg
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lego????? When is this happening?
    Screen grabs, from what our producers tell me, were grabed from a PC capture at normal PS2 resolution.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Here more info on the Lego game...
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/legostarwars/preview_6114511.html
    Will be released close to "your" game.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    You have got to be kidding me.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, what makes me curious is, are the rivet fitting nobs texured in or normal mapped or Modeled? Surely not modeled, in fact, No freaking way.