Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first post here | various stuff (750kb)

Artreth
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Artreth polycounter lvl 18
Hi,

rather new here although I've been a lurker for the past 3 years.

Some stuff I have been doing for the last year, with great long pauses since I am studying computer science.

Mortal Kombat Fan Art
mk.gif

Larger Version

githzerai.gif

Some contracted work for a RPG campaign setting here in Iceland
bontbody.gif
gelener.jpg
hilea_body.gif

Would greatly appreciate some crits, especially on the MK painting.

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    they all look nice , allthough some proportions and pose issues on the MK painting, it also lacks shadow and depth in its tone.

like i say tho , nicely crafted
  • avalean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    avalean polycounter lvl 18
  • Artreth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artreth polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the reply.

I had similar comments from my friends concerning the color scheme of the MK painting, a bit garish colors that make it a little too cartoony.
    I also have some problems with skin tones, either make them too soft and fuzzy or something more similar to the skin here. Maybe a matter of style.

Avalean: Jamm, en annar andskotans
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Scorpion seems to be lacking a thumb on his upper hand. Looks almost like he's got his left hand on the end of his right arm.

EDIT:On closer inspection its just a really confusing pose. If you were going to go back and work on this it'd probably be worth accentuating the lower knuckle on his thumb or something. It does appear really strange when you first look at it.

GOt some nice looking stuff there though. The second fella down is looking rather nice.