Home General Discussion

World Of Warfraft....

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Wow - very cool, TF, thanks! May have to see if I can change out my regular edition preorder for that. Hoping to pick the game up today around 4pm EDT...
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Drool...
    Hopefully I can get my copy of CE at Future Shop this morning :P
  • MILES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MILES polycounter lvl 18
    When I made my CE purchase two weeks ago, the manager at EB told me to come by on the 22nd to pick up my copy. When I asked him whether or not he was mistaken, (as the release date was the 23rd) he insisted I come back by...that I could have my copy the night before.

Well the 22nd rolled along...and with it came one helluva rain storm. But I showed up at the store nevertheless...because WOW was worth it. But as soon as I mentioned WOW...he cut me off and told me to come back tomorrow. He then gave me this rant about how they have strict orders not to release the game early. How did I know this would happen? lol (My guess is that he had to deal with people begging all day long because he wouldn't even afford me the opportunity to mention that he was the person who told me to come by to get it). It was kinda funny. The servers were down so I wasnt going to get to play last night. I only wanted to look through the Art Book that came with my CE. Somehow I dont think he would have believed me though. smile.gif

I'll post later with my info.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Stop talking about this game! I already have too much to play as it is. Must...not....get...sucked in...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It sucked me in and sucked away almost 6 months of my life, and unlike EQ I enjoyed it, I didn't even know my life and art projects where suffering until Open Beta closed and I was unable to log in. Its a fun game, but be warned if you have "other things" you like doing, they will disapear. I have put the collecters edition on my XMas list and if I get it, I will play it. Now that I am aware of how unballanced my life was, I hopefully will be able to ballance things out better.

Damn addicting games that never seem to end, what a cruel world it is.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I suck. I caved. I bought it.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Though it might anger a few folks who can't find it, I just walked into my local game store and bought the CE without pre-ordering at all. Nice little package it is.

This should help me stay entertained, as I'm moving to CA for my job next monday, but all my stuff will not arrive (yes, the bed, tv, games, etc) until at least a week later.

Looks like I'll be sleeping on a floor, but playing WoW after hours at work... not sure that's a fair trade.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitz: ha. I was the same way. Walked right into Best Buy and picked up the CE.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    hahah - Kub caved in. Post your servers, character names and races after you create them and maybe we can all hook up sometime.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am going to be on Whisperwind with a few guys from work. Dunno my character name just yet. Prolly try and stick with my normal and use Bellacose
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I hope the same Collector's Edition will be available over here in Europe when it comes out!
    As Fabool said though... probably without the signed manual frown.gif
  • MILES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MILES polycounter lvl 18
    Shucks. I'm most likely going to be on a PVP server.

I got my CE from EB finally. Man...it was soooo worth the extra $30. The box alone is simply awesome. The soundtrack is exceptional. If you liked the Diablo2 CE soundtrack..this one is even better. The map is cool, I'm sure the DVD will be neat, but the ART BOOK...is amazing!!...HARD-ON...(cough)...I mean HARD-COVER even! I had concerns that I wouldnt get my money's worth out of the CE...but now I feel like I got a real steal. If you have the option...the CE is worth the purchase.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Is it worth i if you have the warcraft 3 CE?
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Man, they didn't fix the fucking lag! Welcome aboard friends, and have fun paying for World of Warcraft Open Beta 2 frown.gif
  • Paolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paolo polycounter lvl 18
    it sounds like the lag is due to everyone being in the same few zones at the same time (i.e. the newbie zones). hopefully things will smooth out as people level and spread out.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the newbie zones are gonna suck for the next few days, both for lag and camping mobs. Either play at ungodly off-hours or wait a couple days.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    uh I've been playing off and on since 11am with no lag, already lvl 10.

the art book is badass
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Ill be Critical on the Dolonaar server, and probably something similar on Arthas. Alliance on Dol, possibly Horde on Arthas so i can kick Apostle's ass.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I'm kinda disappointed with the artbook. I mean, was EVERYTHING a speedpaint or a rough sketch that those artists worked from?

I guess I'm not used to seeing Blizz art so very unpolished. Don't get me wrong, I dig being able to see the process, but hardly anything in there qualifies as pin-up material.

flame away I suppose smile.gif

heh, maybe i'm just bitter i can't play until monday...

Edit: forgot to mention, of course the hefty tome is a keeper, but bwaaahhh i wanted more!!!!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, picked it up and made several characters:

Killrog (Carebear):

Undead Rogue - Wattie

PvP

Ner'Zhul - Horde:

Marley - Troll Shaman

Gariel - Tauren Druid

Wattie - Undead Mage

Frost Wolf - Alliance:

ThulsaDun - Dwarf Hunter

Isador - Human Priest

Drau - Night Elf Warrior
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, the newbie zones are gonna suck for the next few days, both for lag and camping mobs. Either play at ungodly off-hours or wait a couple days.

[/ QUOTE ]

GROUP UP FORM PARTIES! Especially for the kill 10 of ABC mob. Durring open beta I was always amazed to see how much figting was going on over kill quests in the newbie zones. The few times I started characters on different servers everyone was always camped out hunting the same things. Even if you are after dropped items, or you know you can solo the mobs, still party up, and set the looting to round robin. That way while everyone is off killing a mob the chances of you all getting the drops you need go up. especially if you split up or take on your own enemies.

I also don't understand why people don't group up for killing some of the low level named NPC's. Instead they camp, and fight to kill it first, then btich in the general chat that so and so stole thier kill. Sigh... When you need a item a named NPC drops, everyone EVERYONE in your party gets that item. Sure you might be able to solo but toss out the invite if you see someone standing around. It doesn't mean you are now soulbound life partners, glued together at the hip. SHESH!

I think people missunderstand the party system, and that leads to confusion...
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok...here we go.

Server: Windwhisper (Central Time Zone, as I heard it matters..)
    name: Bellicose
    race: Dwarf
    class: priest

oh and my little pet panda kub. =D

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/bearkub/pics/wow-kub.jpg
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I understand parties in WoW, thanks. :P Parties don't make it THAT much easier when it seems everyone on the server is in the same patch of ground as you are. It's a tedious bore either way. I used to log onto my newbie alt on the PVP server when Beta went down -- with tons of other people having the same idea -- and the item-collection quests were still horrible, partied or not. Bounty quests are much improved by having a group, sure. I also agree, I wish more people would party for the non-elite named mobs. It's not just smart for expediency's sake, but courteous to ask, "hey, are you waiting for ___ to respawn? Wanna group for it?".

AND! On Dalaran (East), I'm Malekyth on Horde, and Neyss on Alliance. My wiped CB selves shall live again!
  • nutsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nutsy polycounter lvl 18
    NailBite
    Tauren warrior
    US East-Skullcrusher(PvP)
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did anyone have trouble logging in last night? I read a few threads in various places about people having to wait in line to log in. I didn't have any trouble, personally.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Well they had a log in queue in the later stages of beta, I had no troubles last night though. And in the off chance you are placed in the log in queue and it says you have to wait about 50 mins, don't believe it.

Thrunk on Jin'zul
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Character Name: Ronin
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Hunter
    Pets: Panda Cub
    Level: 8 almost 9 right at the minute
    Server: Uther (Pacific Time)

Being on the East Coast I wanted to be able to see more daylight times in game so I picked a Pacific Server to play. So far I've only experienced lag maybe 2 times but never for any great length. I did experience a funny thing on a kill quest where I was in a cave looking for a certain troll for like about 2 hours only to come upon his corpse dead. I was starting to think I was in the wrong cave. Luckily when he respawned about 2 minutes after finding his corpse I was the only person in that area of the cave and was able to kill him and complete my quest finally. Haven't teamed up with anybody yet, but I know that a few coworkers are on that server. Nothing really yet has posed a challenge to take down alone. I also noticed the friend look up database was getting errors last nite not allowing me to add friends to my list. Hopefully that'll be different today. If you see me give me a shout.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, I've just experienced my biggest issue with WoW...My characters dissapeared! Yep I spent last nite playing from about 7:30pm till 2am to get my dwarf hunter, Ronin, up to about level 9 and had some good equipment, a lot of skills paid for and quests completed to only have him not be there in the morning. I called the tech support to find out what was up...no solutions provided. They told me to post a ticket to an in game GM. So I did that and started playing with a new character to pass some time. The GM comes and then informs me that my characters are back now...only thing they are now on a server in a completely different timezone, not the one I started them on. WTF?! Ok so now they won't move these characters back to their original server, the one I made them on to play with coworkers and friends that were on that server. Kinda makes my characters a waste regardless of having them if I can't play with my friends. No solution was provided from the GM either. I kept getting the BS tech support "you're problem isn't going to be solved, have a nice day and go away" form response. Doesn't make me have fond feelings for WoW's support now. I'm kinda worried to start a character on that server again, let alone for the game at all. What happens should I start a new one and get to level 20 to only find out oops we moved you to this other server for no reason go play with new friends. :/ I feel like I wasted my time with my character last night, regardless of the fact I was having fun with it. It's just a big time suck that I have nothing to show for now. Oh well. Guess that's to be expected of MMORPGs but it really shouldn't be. Just thought I'd spread the word.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I decided to get the collectors edition, and then when I had asked at Eb to change my pre-order to a CE, the guy told me they were all out.

Well I starting playing, very fun. The style is inspireing. The music is also fantastic (Especially the music for Iron Forge). The lag...well the lag is fairly plentiful, Though that is to be expected with a game that had this much hype. I'm sure it will calm down some in a months time. Though I turned off the general chat channel because all the lag complaints were getting annoying.

I've Got 2 chars for now, I usually don't play more than 2.
    Both are on PVP Servers (one East coast one West coast)

My players:

Hamn
    Dwarven Hunter
    Gorgonnash

Xander
    Night Elf Warrior
    Shadow Moon

I had joined a RP server, but it was so crowded, and it really wasn't rping at all. I mean, it was still the same as a normal server, people complaining about lag.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anybody having any odd issues. I've noticed the past 2 days now my character appears naked at the Character Select screen before you enter the world. Others in game said this is the case for them too. Kinda seems like a silly bug. I had another bad thing where I got the ability to tame beasts in the game to be my pets. I got this finished up at around 1am Thursday and logged off after completeing my quest. Well log in on Friday and no beast taming icon!? ARGH! I can't retrain for it either because the damn NPC thinks I already can do it. I've had a GM request to fix it open for almost 24 hours now and not one response to fix it. I even called blizzard's tech support once again and they told me a GM would have to do it. This whole not having my pet now is handicapping me when I'm soloing. I'm level 13 now though which is cool. I got jacked by 2 orcs and a tauren already on a path in the woods of Loch Modan on the south east of the loch. Was so unfair they were like level 26 or something. I got spanked.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, my characters appear naked at the select screen aswell. Although I have not lost any skills that I already trained for.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Well, know what I'm purchasing tomorrow.