Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Meatloaf, the packing troll

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Xavi polycounter lvl 18
Hey, good to see the forums are back smile.gif. This character has done a good round around some forums, so I apologize if anybody is sick of looking at it, but some extra feedback would definitely help (any ideas on how not to make sucky ass uv maps?)
so, couple of collages witht the lights out, then some renders to see how his butt reflects some lights and the concept illustration and poop
anyways, hope you like it, feel free to rip it to pieces, etc smile.gif

meat_collage2.jpg

meat_collage1.jpg

meatloaf_renders.jpg

meatloaf2d.jpg

ah yeah, new character up in a couple of days... hopefully

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Hah, I like it. A great character design. Crit-wise, a few more colours in the flesh tone wouldn't go astray if you wanted it to look a bit more realistic - some purples and blues in the shadows and maybe a really subtle touch of red and orange on the highlights. Perhaps some veins runing through might look good to. Just break up the green-ness a bit. varying the level of saturation here and there also often works well in cases like this
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Is that haggis in his sack?

The concept is great and the model itself aint too shabby though the proportions seem more extreme than the concept.
    The only real part that makes this model suffer is the texture work, jackablades more or less covered that though :]
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    I like the whole concept smile.gif Looks kinda like something Josh Kirby (?),the guy who does the covers for Terry Pratchet's books might paint smile.gif
    My only crit is his rear shoulders... in the first pic, top row, second stance from the right, you can see his shoulders look a bit pinched...I think if you brought some more volume to the rear of his shoulders it will look as if he can actually lift his arms smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    whatsup xavi, good to see you modeling and texturing. 8-)
    I think my biggest critiqe is that you kept the contrast way too strong all over. its making it read as a muddy mess. Shadows that dark are appropriate in the under planes, but on the tops of the arms and legs, it just looks like he has dirt in those creases. Try to unify the lighting a bit more by making it specific to a certain light source. Also some color variation would be good like jackablade said. On uv maps, have you watched my video tutorials? www.poopinmymouth.com in the tutorials section i believe videos 6 and 7 are uvone and uvtwo. lemme know if they help.

looking good buddy.
  • Xavi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xavi polycounter lvl 18
    very cool, thanks for the color advice! also i never noticed that thing about the shoulders, thanks for pointing that out smile.gif
    poop, ill get to do some changes soon and ill check those tutorials as well laugh.gif

thanks again!
  • eepberries
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eepberries polycounter lvl 18
    That's a really big pea-cock.

I'm scared shocked.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    where are his short and curlies? he get a wax sometime between concept and skin?

everything else has been covered, i'd say. great concept.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Its an awsome model and texture but I agree with these peoples. Also his nose looks like it only has one nostril(this might be intentional).