Home Marmoset

AO baking bug when using multiple texture sets

vGNS
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
vGNS polycounter lvl 5
When baking AO using multiple texture sets, objects that are using one texture set aren't affecting AO on objects using another texture sets as if "Ignore groups" were unchecked.

I created a simple scene to demonstrate the bug.

1. First object using texture set #1

2. Second object using texture set #2 

As you can see AO from cylinders isn't projected on floor and cube and vice versa as they are invisible to each other.

3. Bake project structure and settings

4. Expected behavior (This bake was done using single texture set)

Same scene with exactly the same setup and settings bakes correctly in Toolbag 3.08 using two texture sets.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the report, we've reproduced this and will work on a fix for a future update.
  • Tomfaysal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomfaysal polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for the report, we've reproduced this and will work on a fix for a future update.

Are you still working on that bug because i'm still getting this error now and then with no way to fix it so far. Only thing that helps for me is setting up a completely new file
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomfaysal said:

Are you still working on that bug because i'm still getting this error now and then with no way to fix it so far. Only thing that helps for me is setting up a completely new file
    This was fixed back in 2021 with 4.03. I just checked in 4.06 and it's working as expected. What version are you using?
  • Tomfaysal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomfaysal polycounter lvl 2
    I'm using 4.06, the most recent one and got this bug like 2 weeks ago where a group was not baking AO on top of another at all. After i set up a new baker with the same settings and files it worked perfectly again.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomfaysal said:
    I'm using 4.06, the most recent one and got this bug like 2 weeks ago where a group was not baking AO on top of another at all. After i set up a new baker with the same settings and files it worked perfectly again.
    This is probably unrelated to the multiple texture sets setting in that case. A couple of reasons why one group would not affect another:
    • Ignore Groups is was disabled in the AO settings
    • Exclude While Ignoring Groups was enabled in the Low object for one or more groups. This setting will prevent AO from casting between specific groups, which can be useful for animated parts