Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Lamborghini Murcielago

Mr_Shrek
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Mr_Shrek triangle
Hey!
So here is the project was working on for the past few months. I was doing this whenever I got some spare time and it was a lot of fun doing this Lambo! The main goal of the project was to improve skills in subdivision and vehicle modeling. The hardest part of the process was to make good reflections, which will look good at any angle and in real time usage. The idea was to use as many polygons as necessary to achieve great reflections and details even at closeup shots but at the same time without using more polygons than necessary to make it suitable for real time use. In the end, the total poly count of the vehicle turned out to be 280k tris (and 180k without wheels). The vehicle was modeled and rendered in Blender, textures made in Photoshop and bakes in Substance Painter.

Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Headlights were one of the most challenging parts for meLamborghini Murcielago
The taillights were simple to model but required a lot of tweaks with shaders to make it look right
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Wireframe
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Clay render with HP versions of wheels, grille and exhaust

Let me know what you guys think. Would like to hear some thoughts on this and would appreciate any critique or advice

Replies

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Nice, I dabble in ve-hic-cular subd before, the year would help me.  Here is why this img shows an accent or trim or light, sry i am not a big car person so idk what it is really but a detail that is not represented in your "final" but is in this irl version.  So i said year cause it seems important to what final look you are going for, i see many versions when looking it up from 2003 to 2019 it difficult, i saw this version and thought immediately looks better if you added the wing, probably personal preference.  //off topic i entered a "raffling" for a lambo atm, i doubt i'll get anything but its fun to think a simple purchase could land me in the lambo owning world, probably won't be sharing the info on this though, easy to find though so if interested good luck if you find it.