quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage

Toolbag v.4.04 (4043)

Win10 Home

Version 22H2

OS 19045.2604

64Bit

Started up Toolbag today, click on Bake Project and kaboom. Open project and I think it starts to reference meshes and, Kaboom. Wazzup? Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheerio

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage

Is this with an empty scene?

And is this a new issue for you (i.e. bake projects usually work fine), or your first time trying to use bake projects?

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Hi Joopson. Thanks for your reply. Been using Toolbag for about a year now without issues. Just fired it up yesterday and it wouldn't function.

With an empty scene, TB crashes when I try to add a new texture project. Opening a saved file it loads the models, then after a bit it crashes. I think that is when it tries to run a check and update the meshes. Just tried to open a completed scene. If I open it fast enough it will work but only for a short time.

I have a laptop with an SSD for the system, and a HDD for my software. 40 Gb free on the C (SSD) drive and 194 Gb free on the HDD.

Edit: just tried Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and also cant get that to function. I'm having a lucky day!

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@kanga The OP mentions that you're crashing when you add a bake project, but your latest comment mentions a crash when you add a bake project. Can you clarify which of these it is, or if it's both?

More information may be helpful as well. Are you seeing a crash immediately after you add these object types to the scene, or at some later stage - IE: loading meshes, attempting to bake, etc.

It looks like you're on an old build too, please update to 4.05 https://marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-4-05-available-now/

Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date and any operating system updates are installed as well.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Hi Earthquake! Sorry for the delay. You are correct, in the first instance it was a bake project. On further inspection it was,... everything. Opening the app then a couple of clicks then crash.

I installed 4.05 on my C drive and did a test bake with it which worked well. However upon reopening the app and file it crashed shortly after. So I opened 4.05 which opened full screen. Then Loaded the test bake. The model appeared in the viewport and shortly after the program crashed.

Thanks for your reply.

• ReD-SpideR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ReD-SpideR polycounter lvl 14

@kanga

Do you happen to have Afterburner or RivaTuner installed?

Try uninstalling those, reboot and try again.

If you still have this issue, email us at support@marmoset.co and we will advise you on next steps.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Hi ReD.

Don't have either of those pieces of software. Am currently in contact with support and they have the latest logs. Thanks for your reply.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

NVIDIA came through with driver updates via their experience app. So far so good. Thanx for all the help guys!