Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Scylla Von blast [Nudity,XXX,NSFW]

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
iam717 greentooth

Hi everyone new & old,

Been a while since i posted any thread for wips, hopefully my enthusiasm will see this to the end.

Final expectation: Video.

Thought I'd share the process for anyone wondering, i was going to even make this a community "building", event type of project where if anyone wanted to contribute anything say FX/Scripts or wanted to learn or is learning or is pro and wants more "spotlights on them", collaborating might not be a bad thing. Figured this is an different approach to wips, the positions are available for the time being, if no one comes forward no problem I'll do it myself if no one wants to join in on the fun, i am attempting the entire scene of the concept.

1.25% day/hours of work

Current, in the video i used a base mesh to see if it was even possible to do the look i wanted, this has been on and off for years, making it with respect and admiration so hopefully its viewed as such.

Haven't made a post in years in this section so thought why not, any input at any time no matter what is welcome, give all your props to the concept artist, i was going to do this a long time ago but they told me they would, but never did and i wanted to see this realized before anything "major", happens. All the best everyone, keep on, keeping on. Waited basically 5 years.

Available are:

FX, fire, shader artist for the wax bits, explosions, all those elements,

Everything in the background, Characters, Weapons, Shields, Money, all the background damaged metal bits.

How do you do stuff for this? Make one of the above listed in available, if you want to put it on your folio 1st you can do that make thread, you can do that, eventually keep in mind you'll be sending it to me(i will be deleting them after) for the final project piece (idc if you make a LOD 0 detail as long as its readable and looks decent), idc to keep any of your works, i can make it myself.

You will be credited in the final collective piece, i welcome all levels though keep in mind if your work does not fit the quality it may be rejected so just do your absolute best.

^All this is an attempt and an offer to collab if no1 comes around i am fine with that thought i'd attempt to relive the olden days through this different wip project. (making it not boring and seeing what a team environment without much coms is like) Back to it then, all the best all.

Jan/Feb is my attempted deadline with or without collab.

Edit: and i saw some pieces that are already done like a cigarret i liked, if anyone that has done anything can also donate with projects they are finished with to once again get traffic, think of this as posting it again, you will be linked, more eyes isn't a bad thing. Just thought of this one so if you got things laying around doing nothing this is an opportunity for them to return to some spotlight.

Replies

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

okay progress, still need to do more got to figure it all out and test stuff but the bases are working out well.

anything might change, figured i show the "best parts" already.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character

You haven't include concept art/illustration so I have no idea what you trying to make ! Is it this one ? =>

Anyway her top part is not proportionate to the lower one or shes bending back in prospective or shes part of asian mmo

Support leg is very straight and legs are not straight especially the one with most of the weight

Working from 2d ref there is always danger that pose might not work so try to make the pose work from more then 1 angle after that if you like you could even sculpt in symmetry and repose afterwords if sculpting in pose is to complicated

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Yup that is the one, didn't really show any links because i wanted people that are interested in the design to seek it out but i get i should have posted links to the artist and the concepts to make it easier on the viewer, my silly idea was to give them traction by just mentioning them and the name of the design. It was part of a 3D challenge and i foolishly assumed people knew about it already, i also added this link : Final expectation: Video. that takes people to the concept and video "end results".

Anatomy comments response:

Idk you seem to know how to do things so please feel free to guide me in the correct ways so that this doesn't look like crap, i think it is in a stylized format so bordering cartoon/comic book/anime atmosphere "anatomy".

video link that doesn't act like how youtube direct links work, made me sad hope it works for all of you:

https://cdn-animation.artstation.com/p/video_sources/001/124/025/vb2-this.mp4 updated iris

made a turn around maybe this video will work if not i'll try my best to fix it, thanks for the response i'll look into the things you mention, atm working on, The hip bone (os coxae, innominate bone, pelvic bone or coxal bones) so they are very slightly sticking out.

All the stuff is inside, i think the pose sculpting is working out, but anyone can tell me otherwise, can see the "candle" fuse also, all w.i.p. testing the look trying to get it really nice and stuff. p.s. edit#1 she is on waxy heels i think or at least i will add that so the support will be on those.

edit 2: adding everything i got, nade functioning stuff and things:

plan to add a hole to the neck and add functionings to the fire exhausts also and chest chamber.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message

Easiest thing that you could do when figuring out a pose is to take it yourself , feeling where weight and compressions are really help , in this case possition of the feet , pretty sure they will be on the same line in side view

If you want more interesting pose you should exaggerate her curves [rhythm lines]

I suggest you keep working on the pose having strong and dynamic silhouette will only make end product better

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

TY very much @carvuliero i will do my best with the feedback, currently going pretty slow, all i did here was sharpen a lot of stuff and added:

chest sharpening, + chambers, Everything under head is new(sharpened/redone) +lighter.

VB marmo sculpt render updates

img for better inside view and reference img for lighter..i like the skull type design on it very creative of the concept artist, going to probably have to add in some "welding" to the strike attachments.

click video links for more.(sculpt renders)

click video links for more.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

https://cdn-animation.artstation.com/p/video_sources/001/124/025/vb2-this.mp4 render of previous stuff, iris look maybe.(old but testing things still.)

hair updated face close up.

Thanks for the comments, i just bit the bullet and decided to use a base-mesh that needs some heavy editing for my project as it saves me time, the face was the most that needed the work, then i just added the "edits" i needed to the rest of her, the hands/face on the default show strong masculine features so those need the most work. I tried to get her head looking like the concept as much as i could while also staying within "anatomically correct features, i am sure a facial expert can come and assist if it needs it.

I attempted to do a posed model and oh boy that is not easy, however with the comments from carvuliero i will be using them for the final version atm still very wip of where i want it, hands still need work and i want to try to get it all "curvy" and find a female to do that pose with heels or something, (accepting pms with links to imgs, thanks). The base mesh i used was called Woman Anatomy ztl, i tried looking for the user who supplied it but it seems they terminated their account or removed the product so i couldn't find their name or information to give them credit, it came with a very basic skeleton nails, eye balls and hair. Separating the arms from the body took some editing also.

If i rediscover anything I'll be sure to credit them, i think they saw what i saw in that it looked very male and are redoing it possibly? I got lucky i guess and snatched it before it was removed. So if you are reading this thanks i needed the base, saves me time. (hairs no where near done but wanted to update the thread.)

Edit: i can show the base i used in the same way i show this gif but i can not supply it as they took it off for a reason & its it not mine.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

10 days ago, i also updated the sketch book with this getup that was in the original conceptual work.

updated: ^ sorted out collar oddness.

The issue i am at atm, is, is this design a "realistic one"? or a stylized one?(no real exaggerated forms like the usual "stylized")

I see it as a Comic book design, the only thing i can go on really, i kind of want to do both real and comic but realistically would that help the final at all? probably not. The bump at the sides of the front collar are for one of the exhausts, i can rotate it down and smooth that out. (i didn't cause i was messing with M.D. and tried 3 times to make this design, i do not use it much at all but tried some things and isn't working out so i have to look into some better guides on how to tackle all the parts on this, since its changeable.) Atm, debating if i should do M.D. or zbrush, i got further with zbrush, i was also thinking of attempting to make custom works for M.D. to use and simulate those to the meshes.

today m.d. work \/ got the hang of it now.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message

Few ajustments hopefully closer to the reference

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

thanks @carvuliero I decided I have to retopologize for your c&c, just the weekly update post, still notching away at it.

When i get it all sotred out (the retopo) i will do posting the adjustments and hope i nail them 100%.

Appreciate the quality responses, hope by this you get exposure and people seek some more personal attention from you, i will be crediting you at the end of all of this.

Thanks again.(e:colorchange) if anyone still does this, i used colors that will help a lot.

did something i never did before NOR ever saw, perhaps this will help others maybe new people also, making a "final" quality female basemesh, i mean in-depth.

Edit: decimated 1.3million sculpt unwrapped 4096 texture, you got to flip it vertically to show up correct in topo. still also using references with this the hands were actually fun but seem very detailed, thou i am fine with it, probably just use this for final cause that was the original purpose.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Quaded 100%, was fun and tricky but for now this is the retopo "gameres" the smooth version is just a viewport in max to show the smoothness+. I will noodle more with this after i finish this to make it better, for this project its good enough.

updated, fixed it.

Goal was to make it smooth, some dude on youtube idk the name was boasting like his basemesh was the be all end all and only buy his, his being nuthing but squares, so i wanted to test a new "version" of the "ultimate" base mesh... the idea is an all around looped basemesh for all cases, fat, skinny, count is No eyes, no nails.

Artstation silhouette video: 2500+ res

let me know some areas that stand out as boxy, i already know a very small amount on the top of shoulders, this is all still without C&C Edits. Now this next week i'll work on that and hopefully peg it.

Edit: yes i payed attention to the stars and even might've found a way to eliminate most of them.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Back to the "art" thanks @carvuliero for your amazingly invaluable input i hope the edits match your c&c here:

i used the timeline to match it up with the c&c and made 3 seperated gif images into one to show off how i matched it up and used the timeline markers to hold the position if i moved it off. Glad i retopologized this as it also saved me time between recieving them and i also already unwrapped this.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message

Arm connection with body need some more work

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

@carvuliero thanks i didn't come by here like i used to so missed this, did a bit and provided a better scrn cap for any c&C but THIS img update/post does not have the changes you mention but thank you again, i am updating the thread, might skip and take more time with things i want to make it detailed but i guess i can only do so much before i get bored or decide to move on, hope that doesn't happen, i also reworked a better version of the heart chamber (or finally figured it out) but i agree i was looking at it like somethings wrong glad you said the same about the arm.

thanks again,

base meshes all of this is base meshes but short cutting game res. version.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

video: oh well was going to show it open in a video but i guess people called in backup to start more b.s. on my end.

using a reliable source instead of a.s.s.:

will get back to the body soon, playing with this for now... which one, i'll open the new one also.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message

I think leg thickness is not working quire well knee and a bit above ,she will need pecs , a bit more head and maybe a beauty lift and lats and teres major in the back that dreaded arm transition

Are you going for something very close to ref model or your interpretation ?

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Are you going for something very close to ref model or your interpretation ?

Going for reference, when i 1st started out i saw some anatomy flaws (but i am no expert), but then ignored them because i felt the concept artist did well, they did say for the beauty img they had to "break the anatomy", to make it look right ('if my memory from 4 years ago is still good'.) When using the "well made" base mesh and adjusting it to the concept, things started to show themselves to me also, you said it yourself earlier.

I also used the face/head reference from the concept, she kinda has big eyes in that, just for explanation if you took the big render of the head and over lay it to the concept it would almost match, i wanted to get that right at least, much work, i am glad i went ahead and made other things in hopes I'd get some guidance, i appreciate it again @carvuliero. I will get right on that stuff. :)

More stuff:

weapons are free stuff from a.s.s., but some of them do not have highpolys or lows so i got to make those and same for uv's some yes some no, at the end i will be adding, (whom i can find) where i got things from and from whom, rest i did, made the floor like that cause i was thinking of adding tiles but i suppose concrete will do. (sticking to the concept, the door hindge was giving me issues because, its on the "wrong side", but still looks good) so i tried to figure out a way to put it on the inside but it belongs on the outside, probably will just put it on the outside in the end.

3/8/ update:

all i got to this week, no bump update.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Bottom of the draws seem to be the only thing detailed but i wanted to see what i could do trying to get the design from the concept and attempt a seamless, (which sadly it is not) texture for my 1st attempt.

uh ohes \/ empty.

This is also my 1st time trying to do an actual environment piece with the character ^ this is where i am at currently, tbh i am probably doing the environment work flow wrong since i didn't really look into it, i know about decals and atlas's and such but i couldn't get my noggin to think in that way just yet so decided to do the usual texture layout bake routine.

This does however have two uv's which i've never done, so the possibility to fix it is still there. Made this like a real life deposit box, so all the hinges, handles, are there. This gfx card i got seems to be struggling with environment pieces in marmoset though i got a copy of ue5 ("offline, sadly not updated") but if it can get unreal updated my scene might happen, i'll try to also 1st time unreal, I've never touched it, tbh. Been looking at some stuff so hopefully it will happen the way i see it.

thanks for checking it out any C&C is welcome, i wanted to "style" the lockers to avoid 1:1 copying real ones while keeping to the conceptual idea.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

video ^

Took a bit on this update since i had to do the coin today was so much fun to do it all in the art app.

Celebrating the Concept Artist, i thought it was a nice touch.

• KiddYouNot
    Offline / Send Message
    KiddYouNot triangle

Really interesting idea you've got brewing here, looking forward to seeing how it pans out. I think as of what I can see from glimpsing through your posts is that the only immediate feedback I could provide are about your lockers.

Currently the lockers are...

• - Noisy on initial look, mainly to do with the amount of damage/wear, which leads me to ask what could cause that much damage/deterioration in your scene, is there a backstory to this environment so far? Unless you're strictly going for something outside of logic and just for looks/abstract & more of a fine art piece then discard at will.
    • - There's obvious repetition on the lockers as well, the same scratches essentially repeating on every column, from first glance I would say that you built a single locker (baked/textured) and you've just reused that. I'd suggest the use of tiling textures & basic hard surfaced modelling over bespoke baked assets so that you can move UV's around freely to avoid any repetition. This would be the optimal real-time games approach otherwise you'd be looking to create a few variations of the lockers to avoid repetition which is just more work than necessary.

Otherwise, excited to see what this turns out to be, I'm obsessed with dark tones and gold so the stuff presented already has my interest :) keep pushing.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

@KiddYouNot Thanks man, appreciate you stopping by and posting helpful feedback, i am looking forward to how it turns out also, i am trying to make something cool looking and maybe adding things not done "yet". No time constraint, i removed any limitation since the goal has changed.

You are correct they (lockers) are doing exactly as you stated, in the past the old environment pieces i did where my 1st experience ever modeling and some stuff for not worth mentioning pieces, nds, a 'small' pc game that never came around.

I am learning the ropes and figured if i am going to put effort and time into a character piece i might as well try an small (room) environment piece as well, the goal kept expanding from just the female to, i like the entire concept, to making an animation piece, to an idea for a test on a small demo for myself, to why not just learn how to make a game. Even if a small room demo, so a very hard, get out of the room, demo is the idea, so far its just me, with 5-8% additional objects to fill the room, so i "borrowed", free guns from market places, and coin object that really looks like a poker piece more than a coin but i find it more interesting. All the "borrowed" elements i had to rework in one way or another anyway or 'figure out', lot of redoing u.v.'s.

Sure it might seem like spending time on one thing, when for some it would be better to finish this piece and move on to a new one. I want to see what I've learned and thought if i packed it all into one thing i can see where i am at with "art".

Figured its not all that complicated it wouldn't hurt to mess around, the real idea was for contributions in collaboration with the community to attempt a demo by people with the time (or wanting to do something), eventually garnishing enthusiasm to work on more "titles", eventually becoming a studio, i figured in the past this is how some people in the industry has done it. "make acquaintances or friends, like minded individuals", and say lets try it, it is fine all my projects in one way or another are ambitious for me.

TLDR; figured people are making stuff, posted an offer of collaborating so that "we" get a team environment going, since all other challenges, contest, competitions are to me like this now, "NO NO DO NOT COLLAB. YOU MIGHT BECOME A STUDIO." :) ("we do not like, competition.") Also if you already made, similar themed pieces, i accept donations of those, you will obviously be credited and items will not be used unless allowed outside of this project. *figured i ask this might as well*.

Updates:

Found an irl vault room i liked a lot and come to find out at a certain angle it looks like a "skull", so it fits the theme really well in that sense for me and the end result.

This is a borrowed, drawn over sketch, (of this concept to save me time) it was for a quick rendition of what i would like to try out, when the room is destroyed i will try to make the vault door move into the room, the secondary gates will be blown away.

No A.I. (thanks)

No A.I. (thanks) - the small balls or spheres on the helmet are cameras for a panoramic view option to the wearer, the "glass" is a special idea in that its is both see through and can become solid, like those self darkening sun glasses, in an attempt to keep the conceptual version of the swat team in the concept art.

Any conceptual elements used are credited to their authors, i used references obviously if this wasn't clear so far all me except for what is mentioned in the thread.

Still trying to figure it out and make it less busy, but idk if i will even go this far, might just make a plane with some fiddling to pretend i made models, but i already have a few dudes from the past and a metal robot figure i can slap together, "recycle some past work" to sort out any time issues and keep motivation, i already hit a bump, luckily i bounced back.

Oh yeah, going to probably wait 2 weeks between updates to avoid seeming spammy but it was keeping me motivated, also can't access polycount wiki cause its not allowing 443 and i do not allow 80.

All the best, let me know, C&C on anything, what you like, do not like all that, let it loose.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

2 week update, perhaps make it 3 now? slow going things taking time that are not art related, updated the swat concept already, may play with it while i play with other things.

Added the thickness i wanted, i think i will have to leave the face from the concept and just make my own trying to mimc the concept, it is probably someone he knows or knew so probably wouldn't be a great idea, i adjusted the concept to a more realism design and it look strange to me.

Haven't gotten to all your c&c Carv or kidd, just updating thread.

poor weapon texture attempt since i don't know how weapon artists work cause i am online for 5% of the week, very little if none at all, i recommend getting used to that a.s.a.p. 1 hour a day.

i liked the look of the detailing i have to figure it out, yes the bump/end (shouldering) of the weapon is a texture error, i dislike the scope also, just showing the glass working with shader. 1st gun texture… have to add in details that are not in the downloaded free marketplace mesh, i think its a good thing and a bad thing, i figure out what i have to add in to fill space, it should already be in the highploy. eh. I am not in a rush.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    can a mod remove the xxx from thread label.
    Made two custom skins in zbrush and played with a look i might go with for final, i did all your c&c @carvuliero and double checked some references with adding my own chosen details, things may still be slightly off not sure.
    Yes i am still working on this.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats very nice that you define bunch of forms but she end up very bumpy You will need to work a bit on transition between forms to get back smooth curvy look

• Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    cool project i didnt see this until now though it appears to have some history behind it.

i think we are seeing two contrasting things with the sculpt - we see very fine muscle detail like you'd have on an extremely lean person, but she also has significant love handles and just isn't shaped like a lean person. I think with a figure like this muscles and skin might appear much smoother. Of course the zbrush material might exaggerate things compared to actual rendering.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    @carvuliero , @Alex_J : Yeah i tried to get this hip look into my design(middle right img has a more in-depth version i could not find) cause i liked how many forms where showing and wanted to get that type of look all over the design.  (was a different img i can not find i spent 20+ minutes trying to get the img i am using anyway it had a lot more curvature details, by same artist that didnt want their work shared outside of where ever they posted it and yet there it is, anyway, was useful to me so i appreciate learning bout the artist, i get it.)
    I didn't really touch the arms so i am glad i posted or else i'd probably have to do that again, i did touch the hand/fingers.  I will get right on those corrects(C&C), though the real reason it is a bit bumpy is i am trying to incorporate the concept still and make it more interesting somehow, i suppose.
    In my head the more detail curves "bumpiness" when she is transitioned the more interesting the final result (conceptual beauty render) will look.

Should just get the general idea in there and just credit the inspirational final to the c.a.  To the material, yeah i wanted to see what could be done to "enhance" the original look and add my own spin to it to make it more interesting than just pale or yellow.  Got to be honest that c&c face is scary to me but I'll give it a go.  As always appreciate any feedback, almost there though and getting happy to start all the texture details stuff.

• Vertrucio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2aJqr

I'd stick to the level of detail in the final image, which isn't much other than the basic forms and a little muscle definition. It's an outer shell of some biomechanical goo, it's also a shiny surface and making the forms too complicated causes it to lose the interesting specular reflections you see in the posed image. The character's smoothness is supposed to be in contrast to how angular the debris, environment, the guards behind her, and even her internal organs and bones.

I'd also check to make sure what her proportion is in terms of head height. My rough estimate is she's around 9-10 heads, if not 11 heads tall. This puts her closer to a character like Bayonetta in terms of proportion. Not reflecting that in the sculpt you'll lose a bit how dynamic she is.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Thanks @Vertrucio - appreciated it, yeah, we went through a bit about all that in the thread, i will be trying to make the 9+ heads fix.  If anyone has any ideas how to go about that correctly i am all ears.  Scripts, plugins, application or how games do height adjustments?
    Made all the changes.
    for those who dislike the material.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    Its always good to have your eye on the price in this case final comp and pose so it very useful when you work from concept that you want to recreate closely to have a way to check character in pose from time to time Usually goz with some autorigger do miracles for such occasion and a key frame or 2
    In this specific concept camera is low [worm's eye view o_O] which make it less ideal to use as it is aka overlay and copy because it has strong prospective distortion I did a very crude pose in ps in one pass and a second one with prospective distortion and I can say that with proper distortion you are not that far of  .Of course there are areas that could be improve like lower leg feet and Face
    BTW you should be able to see her butt from this view , its missing in the concept

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Thanks so its just camera tricks? I started to play with shader ideas i like this so far. (no adjustments to head height, anyone else want to chime in with anything is welcome.)
    updated below with gif.
    ^video off artstation, since nothing but youtube is allowed here...
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    Its how prospective works only things on your eye level will appear as they are rest will be distorted 
    If you eye level is mid calf that will look ok everything else will appear smaller and what ever you are looking at will look like a giant
    Luckily there are supplementary drawing of this character with less or no distortion which are much more suitable for proportion ... check
    Nothing is stopping from making the hip wider or legs longer if it looks better ,above is  just a few tips of how to read a concept art and understand what is going on
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Aye, Carvuliero, (appreciate the help)
    Yeah i just checked the alternative images and she is 7.5-ish so i think i am still fine, might try some camera tricks if needed otherwise might not change at all if any.  the test distortion image i made i got the general idea of how to go about it, its like moving far away from the viewer.  If i do change anything i hope it doesn't break it and make it look ugly.  We will see.

removed

(Artstation) tried to make it easier on people to see. 
    Added fade/gradient/made-bg,black,.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    ^ more quality
    \/ less
    Any who i think its coming along, this is all wip and might change.
    Been a little bit, played a lot with settings and oh boy finally got a decent look to it for now, basically just updating the thread more to do.  Might have to drop the large project after a recent release.
    Only think really textured is the body below the lips, rest i put as place holders so lack of detail, this is the reason why, wanted to be sure i can do what i wanted.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    progress, had an idea for the head, when the outter shell goes boom.. eh and if the adjustment img loads up, it was what i was thinking to do if not i'll have to come back to fix the img...

• Scullder
    Offline / Send Message
    Scullder polycounter lvl 4
    woow! nice progress!!!
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Scullder said:
    woow! nice progress!!!

Thanks just a bump small update, messing around, removed.
    was cool might see what can be done. real time ?Ghost shader M4, messing around but trying to learning something i do not know.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Working on her still but got stuck with the hair and i love it too much this is all marmoset except for the animations.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

fixing the materials on the inside, still wip trying to learn how to make better mats.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

updated, fun stuff, degraded details on purpose, only to show nade anim.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    More from my thing :
    preview of the look on her i guess.
    trying to get the right look to the skin for the project, these are "alpha gloves" from substance, so a plain bake on a subd "glove" (so "sculpted in substance painter" ) feel like its all dark and far from the screen it should be good enough, i might do more to these when i feel like it.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    This is where i am at, i guess let the C&C fly for those that check it out anyway:

Have yet to do the hair elements on the face.
    Sry if img is to big wanted to show details, i tried to merge and mix the elements of wax and skin, if this is straying to far from the concept let me know, i figured it looked better than just clear.  In the end i want to make her transition in the scene animation from this to the clear and then boom.
    If you feel i should cover her xxx bits idk how to go about that without removing the appearance in the concept.  I also like the colorful elements i added since its suppose to fake skin and look real at least i think she can't just walk around looking clear and waxy the whole time but i guess i am ruining the idea of her world and she probably lives in a world full of special ability "beings".  Oh also i learned there is a clear wax so i am trying to add that in as well, i did study the elements beforehand and creating this version of the idea/concept.

Darkened and worked on the gloves more from the update.
    Here is the skin from zbrush i made in the thread for anyone that wants to check it out and play with it:

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth

Probably have to make 1 to 3 of these wax stacks, this was fun though and i mixed aspects of the conceptual/design into this one, the standing in place ones not the pose one.
    So its been a bit, working on the waxstack playing with settings still, been 2 weeks, did a bit more, played with all aspects of the "project", got the flame fx going on in the turntable, just trying to work all things to play nice together.  Still working things out with the color, the camera trickery seems to be the worsts situation with this, i tried a bit of things, nothings working out.
  • iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    BepBoop, gif's are raping quality but cntrl+ ftw.
    edit: which 1 or 2 1

probably best with all that aye.eye gibberish.
    Sculpts, ftw now? mmm. dang that sure is easy and quick.

prob take a break from posting updates now, got to do tough stuff like the coat and all that other stuff in the project, i hand made the flames stuff, might make it more quality, fixed eye brow.

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Wow its been that long, okay well then time for an update, clothing is being worked on had to figure out M.D. Now to get good topology and uv's.  Dark spots are breathable/stretchable/waterproof so you can understand the design, yes it waz a trench coat but i "enhanced" the idea, and i like it better now, i'll match the center part with the leather outter part, that is just what m.d. did.  The backside with the two golden "buttons", is like a purse or backpack idea to hide the exhaust.(mysterious)Got to redo the collar/s, i tried to let M.D. do the stiffness thing but i couldn't get it to work out.