Homeβ€Ί Marmoset

(Marmoset Toolbag 4.02) Geometry being moved when I import my model?

Hello, I am working on this model and baking my normals in Marmoset Toolbag 4.02. However, every time I import my model, the geometry seems to move to random places and I can't figure out why. I already tried resetting the x-form but that didn't seem to do anything. I modeled this in 3DsMax, in case that helps. If anyone could help me solve this I would really appreciate it! (yes, I know I currently have other baking issues to fix but this one is my top priority).

Replies

• thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character

Have a look at the pivot points and if these are different between meshes check if they get moved around on import in Marmoset.

• MilkMaster

So it looks like it's finally working now. What I did was attach the affected meshes to their counterpart on the other side, detach them, and then center each of their pivots relative to the mesh. After that, I reimported the model into Marmoset and that seems to have worked. I noticed that it looked like Marmoset was flipping the x-axis for some reason, but in 3DsMax they were completely fine. I'm not sure why that worked, thank you very much! I don't know why I didn't think of the pivots πŸ˜…

• Vegel_Grady
    Offline / Send Message
    Vegel_Grady polycounter lvl 4

Thank you so much for this, because I was going crazy looking for a weird thing that was happening to me in marmoset. Basically the SAME problem, but with a whole character, the mesh looked good and fine in ANY program, blender, maya, rizom and even in the 3d preview of windows! x'D But when I imported it on marmoset 4 it seemed to move randomly some piece of my mesh, o.O it's something that NEVER happen to me before, and I use marmoset for some year now. The thing you did solved also my problem so THANK YOU TO BOTH!

• EarthQuake

This may be a bug with reading the transforms from the file. Please send an email to support@marmoset.co with the file and a description of the problem if it happens again.