Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Meta Human

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
idli sublime tool

As part of my Level Up day at work, I choose to try out meta human and it's capabilites, this is not a one day work, but during a day I managed to find that any mesh, stylized or million tris sculpt or scan, can work with metahuman.

All you need is head to start with!

It is a very powerful tool, and I would love to explore further how to add my own hair curves or replace, as for now I have used metahuman's preset to match the identity as close as I could in a day.

I also want to try how to change textures to my own, as well the rest of the body and clothing ..

Here's the test results of August von Mackensen head model, turned into metahuman, basic first try:

and some stills after tweaking a bit:

and here's link to the orginal model rendered with Arnold: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KOez2o

Replies

• idli
    Offline / Send Message
    idli sublime tool

Trying out the Goblin, what I can see is that his proportions are very deformed to fit meta human, the ears got chopped as well as nose, uess not everything fits.. will be waiting for the body to be developed too,at the moment you cannot just upload your own, also there's workarounds that too

Not exactly what I wanted but it's a powerful base with future..

• idli
    Offline / Send Message
    idli sublime tool

..And adding alembic and accessories with some tweaking to my metahuman General Makensen..

• killnpc
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
  • plaintextures
    Offline / Send Message
    plaintextures polycounter lvl 10

It is getting very close now.

• idli
    Offline / Send Message
    idli sublime tool
    So.. I've taken metahuman to try and set up likness base for sculpting for John Lennon. Metahuman looks great but when it comes to 3D mesh its rather basic and lacks anatomy as well.. 
    Below is the base and my first attempts to try and tackle it in zbrush.. 
    (the idea is to create a stylised character / hand painted after, but first I want to somewhat mactch the likneness) let me know what you think, thanks!

Metahuman base mesh:

Attempt #1:

Paintover:

Attempt #2:

I have also asked Bard to help me pin the most important features and it wasnt wrong:

"John Lennon's facial features were quite distinct and memorable. Here's a breakdown:

Eyes:

• Light brown, almost hazel
    • Wide-set with a slightly hooded appearance
    • Thick, dark eyebrows that often gave him a brooding expression
    • Kind and expressive, often twinkling with humor or mischief

Nose:

• Prominent bridge with a slight bulbous tip
    • Slightly crooked, adding to his character
    • Wide nostrils

Mouth:

• Full lips, the upper lip slightly fuller than the lower
    • Wide smile when happy, showcasing a charming gap-toothed grin
    • Often pursed in thought or concentration

Other features:

• Round face with a strong jawline
    • High cheekbones
    • Freckles across his nose, especially in his earlier years
    • Wavy, light brown hair that he wore in various styles throughout his life, most notably the mop-top haircut and later, the longer, flowing hair of his solo career

Overall impression:

• Youthful and approachable
    • Intelligent and thoughtful
    • Expressive and passionate
    • A touch rebellious and mischievous

Of course, these are just general descriptions, and John Lennon's face could look quite different depending on the photo or video you're looking at.

His expressions and hairstyles also played a big role in shaping his overall appearance."

My Canva with more progress:
    https://www.canva.com/design/DAF5k0OG2tA/V3gBRFbqrvScVHUY0J85gQ/edit?utm_content=DAF5k0OG2tA&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
  • idli
    Offline / Send Message
    idli sublime tool
    Pushing forms on low poly / temporary hair

Stylisation

This is a character development for a project with a fellow, who is working on the environment, the devlopment of the character on canva (link in previous post) and here's invitation to our character development in Mila (feel free to comment) https://app.milanote.com/1Rnwoa1l4g6C2b?p=J2I5iMTtK1m