Home Career & Education

Getting into 3D then move abroad ?

Replies

• Doremont878
  • Benjammin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjammin greentooth

Well, I know nothing about the state of the industry in Sth Korea, so I can't comment on that.

I will suggest however that long term goals are great, but treat them as such. To paraphrase Neil Gaiman, its a mountain you need to reach. The path to the mountain is windy and forked - you can make choices based on what will get you closer to the mountain, but it will still be a journey. Also, COVID has taught entire industries that they can function perfectly well without everyone being in the same place - Its entirely possible you could live in Sth Korea without working for a Sth Korean company.

• Tiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth

Have a look at artstation or deviantart. Then answer yourself the question if you can think that you can compete with this quality at a later point. If the answer is still yes, then go for it. But be aware that there are easier ways to make a living. The market for graphics artists is tough in general. And making game assets is the toughest. Lousy payment, lousy working times. Deadlines in the way. And a huge competition.

And don't mix making 3D graphics with creative freedom. Most of the times you won't be creative at all.

https://www.artstation.com/?sort_by=community&dimension=3d

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator

In case you decide to move forward with this:

What you can also do is check if there are common government programs for helping new people with internships or on the job training. Getting those 3+ months of internship is worth a lot if you can financially manage.