Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help pls!

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
andreygheorghe polycounter lvl 9

Hi guys!Long time not posting here....Anyway,i try to model a stylized cat,thing is it seems to me it doesn't look like a cat so far.Can you help me out by pointing some changes i need to do to make it look more...well,like a cat?I have to mention it has to be a ninja,so the mask must stay.Thanks!

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

hi!

Maybe take a step back and reconsider the general proportions and construction. I recommend doing overpaints in a 2d application while checking out 3d references on sketchfab to see how other artists made the stylization and solved certain problems.

Push more stylization and planes, also work out shapes better - e.g. eyes are just wrapped to head

Posture: standing on ball of feet, slightly leaning forward, balancing with tail?

Good Luck!

• vincentbruneau

Make the ears a little bit shorter and the base the widest part of the ears. Then you will got an instantly recognizable "cartoonish" cat

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andreygheorghe polycounter lvl 9

Thanks for tips,I got some great ideas from you.I really like the tapered body and the front siluette looks good with that head.I don't think i will make the planes on it that sharp tho,i aim for something cartoonish,like old Tom&Jerry cartoons.I will make some changes and call it done,still need to retopo,texture,animate...If you want me to post the progress,I will be more than happy.Thanks!